Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

This sick piece of crap is trying to hide his crime....

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2016, 11:03 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This sick piece of crap is trying to hide his crime....

Disgusting - pretty much getting away with it too! Suspended sentence!?Seriously!? Sickening. http://evolvepolitics.com/eton-stude...ealthy-family/
Old 13 June 2016, 11:43 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Torquemada
Disgusting - pretty much getting away with it too! Suspended sentence!?Seriously!? Sickening. http://evolvepolitics.com/eton-stude...ealthy-family/
He needs hunting down and torturing
Old 14 June 2016, 12:33 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazney101
He needs hunting down and torturing
He needs to be put away with some violent types who hate paedos. There would be some swift 'justice' for him.

Smacks of the same kind of thing that happened with that Stanford kid here in the US, where the judge said a long prison sentence would damage the kid too much, but the young girl who is scarred for life after being raped by him, she's just fine....
Old 14 June 2016, 07:00 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

OK, no doubt this will be going against the grain in a big way, but:
1. So far as we know, this guy has never physically abused anyone himself, he just had pictures of other people doing it.
2. He was under 18 at the time of his offence, which in this country automatically means his identity wouldn't normally be publicly divulged.
3. Looking at a lot of the other stories on that site, the people behind it seem to have a pretty questionable agenda on some subjects.

Would I knowingly want to have drinks with this guy or anyone like him? Not a bloody chance, I'd feel nauseous breathing the same air for more than a minute, but that's not really the point.
Old 14 June 2016, 07:34 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markjmd
OK, no doubt this will be going against the grain in a big way, but:
1. So far as we know, this guy has never physically abused anyone himself, he just had pictures of other people doing it.
2. He was under 18 at the time of his offence, which in this country automatically means his identity wouldn't normally be publicly divulged.
3. Looking at a lot of the other stories on that site, the people behind it seem to have a pretty questionable agenda on some subjects.

Would I knowingly want to have drinks with this guy or anyone like him? Not a bloody chance, I'd feel nauseous breathing the same air for more than a minute, but that's not really the point.
Supply and demand, he wanted those photos, videos etc which resulted in someone making them, it might not have been him directly, but it's the same as anything else, if people want it, it'll be supplied.

Means in my mind he directly influenced child abuse.
Old 14 June 2016, 07:50 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sorry to say it does illustrate that you can buy / influence justice in this country
Old 14 June 2016, 02:01 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd lay a bet that the leniency of the sentence will be challenged and he'll end up inside where he won't be too popular.

dl

Trending Topics

Old 14 June 2016, 05:45 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

He ain't trying to hide his crime, just his family name.

However, trying to keep his family name out of it, I do agree with. Not just him, but anyone. The torture his (or any other) family will go through over vigilante D!ckheads taking his crime out on his family. Did they commit the crime? No. Yet, they may encounter such D!ckheads trying to damage their car or property, or physically attacking them, over something their son did.
Old 14 June 2016, 06:43 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

However, trying to keep his family name out of it, I do agree with. Not just him, but anyone. The torture his (or any other) family will go through over vigilante D!ckheads taking his crime out on his family. Did they commit the crime? No. Yet, they may encounter such D!ckheads trying to damage their car or property, or physically attacking them, over something their son did.
Well, he's getting away with a pretty sh1tty crime. I don't care, if you do this stuff and it brings your family into contact with hateful people well, guess what, there's the incentive not to do **** like he has.
Old 14 June 2016, 06:43 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Supply and demand, he wanted those photos, videos etc which resulted in someone making them, it might not have been him directly, but it's the same as anything else, if people want it, it'll be supplied.

Means in my mind he directly influenced child abuse.
Agree with this wholeheartedly.
Old 14 June 2016, 06:44 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

THEY, brought him up !
Old 14 June 2016, 07:35 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

An interesting breakdown of the legal background of this case here for anyone who's interested, by someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
Old 14 June 2016, 09:13 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Talking as someone who knows what he is talking about

It is quite instructing to read that Barristers views on the referendum

With particular focus on the democracy and sovereignty sections

Here

http://barristerblogger.com/2016/06/...ce-prosperity/
Old 14 June 2016, 10:49 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Fair enough on the constitutional or sovereignty stuff, but I don't see how being a lawyer qualifies him especially to comment on the economic or geopolitical history angles.
Old 15 June 2016, 07:26 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

agreed, which is why I did not mention it tbh

economics etc - there will always be different views, indeed as the old joke goes

"if you ask 3 economists a question you will get 4 different answers"
Old 15 June 2016, 08:31 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
THEY, brought him up !
So his parents raised him to get off on child ****? Interesting argument.
Old 15 June 2016, 08:53 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Well, he's getting away with a pretty sh1tty crime. I don't care, if you do this stuff and it brings your family into contact with hateful people well, guess what, there's the incentive not to do **** like he has.
So, if your child committed a crime like this in the future, you'd think it perfectly fair if a group of vigilantes kick the **** out of you and your wife for something you couldn't control? Really?
Old 15 June 2016, 08:58 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
THEY, brought him up !
Good point.

Amazing what parents teach their kids while bringing them up.

How to rape a woman
How to murder someone
How to be Gay
How to beat up an elderly woman to get her pension money
How to become a smack head
How to steal cars
How to shoplift
How to be a paedophile

Clearly if a child grows up to be any of the above, it's the parents fault.
Old 15 June 2016, 03:18 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

So, if your child committed a crime like this in the future, you'd think it perfectly fair if a group of vigilantes kick the **** out of you and your wife for something you couldn't control? Really?
I wouldn't think it fair but I'd expect it, especially if, like this lot, they were defending their son. No one thinks what is happening to them is fair, when it's negative. However, there is usually an element of how the child was brought up, that influences their behavior in the wider world. I was talking with my partner about this, as she is in child and family psychology.

Then really there is the nature vs nurture argument of course, and that's a big ol' discussion on its own.

If I had a child who then went on to be a paedo or child **** lover, I'm sorry but they would no longer be a son or daughter of mine. I know that many will say that's easy to say as I don't have kids now, but that is the way I feel, take it or leave it.

I'm not going to change my mind on any of the above, right or wrong to you, they are my opinions, so it' not worth trying to convince me otherwise.