Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2002, 10:39 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

How funny!?!

BBC2 10:00pm.

Where do they think up the stories, GENIUS!
Old 11 June 2002, 10:08 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Absolutely brilliant. You can buy all the episodes on tape. Along with Brass Eye. Chris Morris is a comedy GOD!

Richard
Old 11 June 2002, 10:45 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Richard,

can you get the series on DVD? I just got the BrassEYE one, which is what TDT became when it went to C4.

Very clever parody of current affairs programs - even now, many years later. I love the gobbledegood financial news, the US style (NTSC) live broadcasts and the complete pi55 taking of famous people who want free publicity by talking about something that they know nothing about!

mb
Old 11 June 2002, 10:55 PM
MrDeference
Scooby Regular

Mad as a lorry.
When I were a lad I used to listen to GLR when Chris Evans was on Sunday mornings (back when he was funny) and then Chris Morris was on straight after.
Blinding...

Check out Glebe's Thrift Funnel (really).
Old 11 June 2002, 11:27 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Brilliant link!

I just love this kind of stuff...

[All the time Sisters is talking, a stock ticker is running along the bottom of the screen. Every number on it is a 4.]

SISTERS: And no let-up today for British manufacturers, there were large profit slumps for Securivadge and United Haha. Down 6.4, Joanny Collins perhaps units on a lower third rung. There was better news for Edgyledgywedgebarge, who mustered 2.41 up 88 very slightly [she smiles wryly for no reason], but Oxymacgee flew back a ninth, despite a creeping bid from Connected Breathdumps at four. On the currency markets, how did the pound fare? A quick glance at the currency cat.

[The 'currency cat' is a CGI graphic, where each leg of the cat represents the finances of four countries - Britain, Germany, America and Japan.]

SISTERS: Not too well I'm afraid, there's a disconcerting 47 degree slope against the dollar, the yen and the mark, and if we project, in four months the pound leg is effectively amputated, leading to a rogue leg with no hip constituency at all. Overall then for tomorrow's markets, good evening. Slightly fractuous in the nines and sevens. Chris.

Cheers,

mb