Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Can you guess?

The one not parked in the space.
Old 13 May 2016, 07:06 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subtle wrc sticker kit...you really do have to have special needs to drive around with one.
Old 13 May 2016, 09:07 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Can you guess?

Is she watching while someone else parks her car? Tut
Old 14 May 2016, 08:30 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

This one had me foxed

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/broq...x.jpg.html?o=7

dl
Old 14 May 2016, 09:19 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

The fox is one cool cat?
As for the others, I'd be embarrassed to own up to either of those chav-chariots.
Old 14 May 2016, 10:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

This one made me furious!

Name:  image_7.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  296.4 KB

I can explain why. I took this iPhone pic on one of my walks around my neck of the woods, although I don't always take my mobile with me on my leisurely pursuits, as it spoils my liberating activity. Anyway, in one farm, I spotted the odd one sheepishly sitting by itself away from the even ones. I got up the hill and observed the behaviour. The even ones just wouldn't let it get involved in their holy little clique. Poor thing got up when I was taking this pic and tried to walk towards its 'even' kind but they just bahahaha it away. None of them were nice to it. How sheeply is that!

I've been told by the local farmers that when an odd one randomly takes birth among hundreds of the ones alike, it gets treated with nothing but sheer racism by the even lot. They kick it out from their crowd and don't play with it and even beat it, sometimes.

The learning was that racism is not limited to the humans.

Last edited by Turbohot; 15 May 2016 at 09:57 AM.
Old 14 May 2016, 10:57 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good Evening Swati, hope you are well. You know what, it doesn't matter to be honest, sheep are sheep and they will do what they do. Seems like they are more like us than we'd like to admit
Old 14 May 2016, 11:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Good evening, wrx300scooby. I'm very well and enjoying beautiful weather, thanks for asking. Hope you're well, too.

And yes, agreed.

Last edited by Turbohot; 15 May 2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 15 May 2016, 10:14 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So, being racist is an entirely normal/natural impulse, then.
Old 15 May 2016, 11:42 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
So, being racist is an entirely normal/natural impulse, then.
As an impulse, it seems to be that way. Being discriminatory doesn't limit itself to the humans only hence not unnatural, by the look of it. Any difference in the odd one may make the majority of the evens threatened or daunted. Until some commonality is recognised ad accepted by the even ones, the odd one is doomed. Humans are blessed with the superior cognition abilities so when we are irrationally prejudiced long term (as opposed to the automatic impulse, which we can re-adjust with our analytical abilities) we can be likened to the sheep or alike.
Old 15 May 2016, 12:03 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent explanation. I wanted to express exactly that, last night. But you did it better.

As you say, relative to all other animals, it's humans' exponentially higher cognitive ability (big brain/intelligence) that leads said race to ultimately becoming civilised/cultured, hence we can see the folly of any kind of discrimination.

Well, as a race, sadly - nay, tragically - we're certainly not FULLY there yet. By any stretch. But we're trying. It's on-going.

Last edited by joz8968; 15 May 2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 15 May 2016, 12:34 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
Excellent explanation. I wanted to express exactly that, last night. But you did it better.

As you say, relative to all other animals, it's humans' exponentially higher cognitive ability (big brain/intelligence) that leads said race to ultimately becoming civilised/cultured, hence we can see the folly of any kind of discrimination.

Well, as a race, sadly - nay, tragically - we're certainly not FULLY there yet. By any stretch. But we're trying. It's on-going.
Yes. Generally speaking on this discrimination, my positive view is that we have done it slowly, we have come a long way but we have started to accept some oddities. No more Oscar Wildes in jail, Obsma rules America and I've tasted beef in the UK. Still doesn't sit well with me, though. However, I think we're getting there.

On another positive, differences can be quite attractive and some intentionally like to be different. Many tattoo and piercing bearers say that they have tattoos because they like to be different. I think some of them like to be different to what they themselves are; not necessarily to others.

P.S.: I corrected from Thomas Hardy to the one I meant. I apologise for my mistake, it was an unconscious one. I think I have been strongly influenced by my recent Far from the Madding Crowd walks hence the parapraxis.

Last edited by Turbohot; 15 May 2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 16 May 2016, 02:22 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC72
The one not parked in the space.
I am more worried that herr fritz top right seems to be parked on the grass
Old 16 May 2016, 06:07 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Hence the saying 'Black sheep of the family'.It all makes sense now.
Some old sayings actually have some truth behind them.
Old 16 May 2016, 07:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
Yes, I used to think that it was based upon our human perception of the black sheep, sticking out like a sore thumb among whiter than the white sheep. I didn't realise it was so literal.
Old 16 May 2016, 10:48 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
Yep, loads make sense when they are explained

P1ss poor = you are that poor and bad diet, when you wee it's orange. You wee in a pot and sell it to the leather tanners, they use it to dye leather brown

You haven't got a pot to p1ss in = you are so poor you can't even afford to buy a pot

These are from metalwork industy
Long and drawn out = you only have a thick piece of metal and need a long thin piece, warm it up and keep hitting it to make it thinner and longer (takes ages)

Jumped up = you only have a thin piece of metal that needs to be bigger in the middle, warm it up in the middle and hit the end, it 'jumps up' to the next guage of metal (like a little bloke trying to act bigger than he actually is)

Nose to the grindstone = work as hard as you can = people making knives/chisels on a grinder used to sit on the machine like a bike with the grinding wheel in front, by the afternoon their arms were tired and they lean forward more to keep the pressure on the workpiece

Old 18 May 2016, 05:16 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

And another one.

Nice Karman Ghia in the corner
Old 18 May 2016, 05:22 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Yes, I used to think that it was based upon our human perception of the black sheep, sticking out like a sore thumb among whiter than the white sheep. I didn't realise it was so literal.
With the sheep, I suspect aversion to dark coloured animals been ingrained over centuries for reasons of self preservation though. Sheep have p!ss poor eyesight, the only black or dark coloured animals they would normally encounter are sheepdogs, and wolves, neither of which are particularly nice to them.

I've encountered similar walking my dog, she is a predominantly white springer spaniel, I can walk with her through a field of sheep and they don't even notice her. If we are with my friend and his dog, a black cocker, the sheep will run to the farthest point of the field, even though the dog is on a lead
Old 18 May 2016, 05:50 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
With the sheep, I suspect aversion to dark coloured animals been ingrained over centuries for reasons of self preservation though. Sheep have p!ss poor eyesight, the only black or dark coloured animals they would normally encounter are sheepdogs, and wolves, neither of which are particularly nice to them.

I've encountered similar walking my dog, she is a predominantly white springer spaniel, I can walk with her through a field of sheep and they don't even notice her. If we are with my friend and his dog, a black cocker, the sheep will run to the farthest point of the field, even though the dog is on a lead
Yes, that's a possibility. Whatever the possibility for such perception, discrimination is there; regardless.

Have you seen or read The Kite Runner? Do you remember the scene when the refugee immigrant father refuses the treatment from the doctor who belongs to the race of his country shatters? There's a justification to that fight-flight self-preservation (but an irrational, of course) response, and such responses can become well-ingrained in the generations to come, yet it's tweakable in humans. Sheep can obviously not work out that the dark-coloured animal they behold with such grudge is their brother or a sister. Perhaps they just see a black blob, rather than paying attention to the details such as its identical (to them) 'bahahahahahahah' sound that the black blob makes, and other characteristics e.g. its strong identical BO and identical (but different colour)woollen coating to them.
Old 18 May 2016, 06:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Forgot to say that there's a possibility that a few among the white sheep (say 2%) may actually possess better 6/6 eye sight, but excluding and bullying the black one could simply be the case of following other white ones like sheep. Once again, some old sayings do bear such truth about them. Our wise forefathers and foremothers sussed well how plurally ignorant the sheep really are, and left us such wise saying to chuck out when and where applicable.