Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Flat earth or globe

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2016, 11:36 PM
subevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat earth or globe

I must admit dismissed it totally out of hand and laughable.then watched a few flat earth videos on YouTube and now I think I'm being converted.
Basically the earth is supposed to be round and spins at 1000mph its also a certain diameter.using maths you can work out the circumference.therefore for a given distance say over water the earth should curve away but on a clear day if you watch a yacht dissapear from view then look at it with a telescope it's still visable even at 50 miles but it should have dissapeared due to curvature.this is just one of the many examples and I find it interesting and can't dismiss it as I first thought I could.
i can't believe at 50 years old I'm starting to question things I took for granted before.any other flat earthers out there?
Old 28 March 2016, 11:40 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subevo
I must admit dismissed it totally out of hand and laughable.then watched a few flat earth videos on YouTube and now I think I'm being converted.
Basically the earth is supposed to be round and spins at 1000mph its also a certain diameter.using maths you can work out the circumference.therefore for a given distance say over water the earth should curve away but on a clear day if you watch a yacht dissapear from view then look at it with a telescope it's still visable even at 50 miles but it should have dissapeared due to curvature.this is just one of the many examples and I find it interesting and can't dismiss it as I first thought I could.
i can't believe at 50 years old I'm starting to question things I took for granted before.any other flat earthers out there?
I always knew I was being conned, by gravity, physics and common sense
Old 28 March 2016, 11:42 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes loads, as I said in a post a couple of months ago, the belief in a flat earth is increasing

Anti knowledge

They watch the same videos as creationist and climate science deniers
Old 28 March 2016, 11:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ever actually been to sea subevo?

Old 29 March 2016, 02:34 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

This has to be a wind up.....
Old 29 March 2016, 04:41 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Is it just the Earth that's flat or are all the planets & the Sun,stars every object in the universe flat?
Old 29 March 2016, 05:14 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
Is it just the Earth that's flat or are all the planets & the Sun,stars every object in the universe flat?
Yes, the moon is just a flat plate/disc.

Trending Topics

Old 29 March 2016, 05:49 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Yes, the moon is just a flat plate/disc.
Yes and it's made out of cheese too
Old 29 March 2016, 06:14 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby
Yes and it's made out of cheese too
You obviously havn't seen this documentary:

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/wallace-...-day-out-photo
Old 29 March 2016, 08:06 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

You forgot about the meniscus affect, with land mass creating the edge of glass theory. God didn't you know that. Also water doesn't bend it remains flat
Old 29 March 2016, 08:06 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take as long as you need...

Old 29 March 2016, 09:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Old 29 March 2016, 10:28 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

So satellites et al just fly back and forth across a flat disc/square/rectangle (take your pick it's going to be about as likely as the others)
Some folk just shouldn't be allowed out on their own
Old 29 March 2016, 10:56 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

You should have a read of 'Flat Earth: The History of an Infamous Idea', it's a very entertaining read, and shows how persistent the idea was in the 19th century, how it still persists, etc.

Then you should read some actual science and realise that any notion it is flat is utterly misguided, and yes, you shouldn't believe at 50 that you can question this stuff
Old 29 March 2016, 11:42 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
They watch the same videos as creationist and climate science deniers
I've told you before, its heretics
Old 29 March 2016, 02:12 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If those youtube videos don't completely convince you, just go outside and dig down into the ground. Eventually you'll find Earth sits on the back of turtle, the proof is there, you just gotta dig for it. Happy digging!
Old 29 March 2016, 02:24 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
If those youtube videos don't completely convince you, just go outside and dig down into the ground. Eventually you'll find Earth sits on the back of turtle, the proof is there, you just gotta dig for it. Happy digging!
But what's the turtle standing on?
Old 29 March 2016, 03:07 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
You obviously havn't seen this documentary:

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/wallace-...-day-out-photo
Old 29 March 2016, 03:33 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenm2
But what's the turtle standing on?
Have a look for yourself, it's floating through space. Here is the proof, this is the image that NASA doesn't what you to see.

Obviously any other images that you've seen before and more recently of Tim Peake in the ISS depicting Earth outside are fake, he's not in space but in one of the Cardington Hangers on the outskirts of Bedford. Remember, you heard it here first!
Old 29 March 2016, 09:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I never believed that the earth was round in any way until my child sent me a pic with the Indian Ocean and a white horse meandering around on the ocean beach; all looking very convex. To begin with, I thought I was either on drugs or had put on my mother in law's glasses by mistake. But then I rubbed my eyes and looked at that Go Pro shot again. I eventually established that that was the evidence of the earth being round. So yes, the earth is round, end of.
Old 29 March 2016, 10:38 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Being serious for a moment

When anyone wants to convince you of something that goes against all known natural laws, observations and basic physics (usually with a spooky youtube video)

You have to ask yourself three simple questions

Either the worlds scientist are incompetent and have not figured out what you are being told is a fact

Or they are embarked on a worldwide conspiracy to hide the truth from you (and Everyone else)

Or maybe, just maybe they know something you don't

Research the actual science behind the disappearing yacht and hopefully you will come to the last conclusion
Old 30 March 2016, 05:12 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Easy debunk is to ask any flat headed flat earther is why can you speak to someone in Australia who is experiencing the total darkness of midnight whilst you enjoy the full sunshine of mid day.

the have some hysterically funny theory about the sun being only a few thousand miles away and light only traveling a relatively short distance
Old 30 March 2016, 07:46 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

And why can we not fall off the end, if it was flat we could fall off.
Old 30 March 2016, 07:59 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I think he has fallen off the end
Old 31 March 2016, 01:29 PM
scoobydanwrc
Scooby Regular

I believe the world is flat as well people have to do there own research to understand I think in he early 1800 a guy said the earth was round and from there it stuck but seriously look 6 miles in any direction you should see a 15 degree curve but you dont I went St luica awhile back and at 38000ft I didnt see no curve just flat but thats just me
Old 31 March 2016, 01:31 PM
scoobydanwrc
Scooby Regular

Watch flat earth clues they will point you in the right direction. Not the its gunna change anything but im not fool by no government no more
Old 31 March 2016, 01:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Well I'm glad the government is adamant about bringing in read/write skills for the under 5's
Old 31 March 2016, 01:49 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydanwrc
I believe the world is flat as well people have to do there own research to understand I think in he early 1800 a guy said the earth was round and from there it stuck but seriously look 6 miles in any direction you should see a 15 degree curve but you dont I went St luica awhile back and at 38000ft I didnt see no curve just flat but thats just me
You'll be saying Father Christmas has a herd of flying Reindeer, and the tooth fairy wears a pink tou-tou next.
Old 31 March 2016, 01:49 PM
scoobydanwrc
Scooby Regular

Why is it thats there's always one that complains about the way people write in forums mate its 2016 get with it. its a forum not a English lesson. Lol I hate to have to text you on a regular like writing an s.a lol
Old 31 March 2016, 01:54 PM
scoobydanwrc
Scooby Regular

Lol people really get bothered by other peoples opinions its not like its gunna change anything if the earth is flat or not but there is a reason for them to say one thing then change it.just saying why is the United nation flag a map of the flat earth if we live on a globe

Quick Reply: Flat earth or globe