Drive The Deal/CarWow etc

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2016, 04:45 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drive The Deal/CarWow etc

Hi

My Mrs has had her 2.0T S-Line A3 for nearly 4 years now. She fancies a change and is thinking either a A45 AMG or a Golf R

Our budget is probably around 30k, so can get a new Golf or a used A45.

Her preference is the A45 but I am trying to convince her that the Golf is the way to go. We could afford a new Golf but not a new A45 which to me makes a lot more sense especially the preferable finance rates a new car attracts, and the 3 year warranty etc

So the spec Golf she wants comes to a smidge over 28k on DTD. Crazy really that a new car can be less that one 12 months old from a dealer. She wants a fairly nice spec...heated seats, decent sounds, the 19" alloys, without going OTT.

So what i'm asking really has anyone used these car sites to purchase a car? Whats the experience? The only down side is that we'll have to sell her Audi privately which shouldn't be too much hassle as its in good nick, well specced and great mileage with FSH, and of course would hopefully get more for it that part ex-ing it

Thanks
Old 29 March 2016, 07:01 PM
ccsimpreza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used CarWow when I was looking at a brand spanking Focus ST-3 - local dealer came back and offered me a car several grand less than list, with goodies etc. I then went to another dealer who told me they simply can't go any lower than the price i gave them as its rock bottom.

Had a test drive and it was slow as **** so here I am with the scoob haha