Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Average speed cameras - A34

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2015, 12:03 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average speed cameras - A34

Have had a NIP come through this morning for the average speed cameras south bound on the A34 by Milton.

Now, I am normally pretty careful when it comes to the average speed cameras, even when all those around me seem to be ignoring them and speed past me, so was a little bit surprised/annoyed to see it.

I have just seen this video on Youtube
showing the bit that I was on, between marker posts 65/B & 64/9, which is the first two cameras where one part is in a 50 and one in a 40, they say I was doing 47 in an average area of 40.

Like I said, I stick to these speed limits like glue, so think I may have a case if the speed signs are still in the same location.

As the video was taken a couple of months back, does anyone in the local area know if the set up is the same, else will have to drive back up there to take a look and a few photos, which would be a pain.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12 November 2015, 01:40 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Have had a NIP come through this morning for the average speed cameras south bound on the A34 by Milton.

Now, I am normally pretty careful when it comes to the average speed cameras, even when all those around me seem to be ignoring them and speed past me, so was a little bit surprised/annoyed to see it.

I have just seen this video on Youtube A34 Average Speed Check Zone - How can this be accurate? - YouTube showing the bit that I was on, between marker posts 65/B & 64/9, which is the first two cameras where one part is in a 50 and one in a 40, they say I was doing 47 in an average area of 40.

Like I said, I stick to these speed limits like glue, so think I may have a case if the speed signs are still in the same location.

As the video was taken a couple of months back, does anyone in the local area know if the set up is the same, else will have to drive back up there to take a look and a few photos, which would be a pain.

Any help would be appreciated.

As a local I travel this road frequently and it is still in the same mess as it has been for months, with the same speed limits and speed cameras. Normally traffic is so slow and congested speed is not an issue. I think what catches people out is the unexpected change from 50 to 40, but you're the first I've heard of getting a ticket. Might be worth contesting.
Old 12 November 2015, 02:50 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Cheers Paben,

Have had a search about and can't see that anyone else has ever fallen foul of average speed cameras and I know that I religiously stick to the limits as I am pretty sure that I did here, was on way back from a meeting in Bicester and was in no rush to get back to the office

If the speed signs are in the same place, so the speed changed between cameras I can't see how they can take the lower speed as the average value, think I will challenge them on it.
Old 12 November 2015, 03:59 PM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't travel that way very often so can't help on signage, however, it maybe worth checking on pepipoo.com to see if anybody on there has had the same issues.
Old 12 November 2015, 04:01 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the first port of call is to ask for the evidence

although (I think) they are not legally obliged to provide you with it - most Police services do

then take it from there
Old 12 November 2015, 08:28 PM
baz999
Scooby Regular

My wife's company one of the drivers got caught on that stretch
Old 12 November 2015, 08:35 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Sounds a bit like the M5 at Bromsgrove; The roadworks were 50mph with the usual Specs cameras but in-between the limit dropped to 40mph, it felt like you were crawling at that speed on a clear three lane motorway. It was like this for years whilst they did the works (not a lot) God knows how many were caught.

There was no valid reason for a 40mph limit on a motorway IMO but the 40 limit was only between one pair of specs and the limit signs weren't anywhere near the cameras

Last edited by ALi-B; 12 November 2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12 November 2015, 09:31 PM
InTurbo
Scooby Regular

I've travel down there twice a week and it is still the same.
To be honest I have pushed it slightly lately hovering around 43,34 mph, was starting to think they weren't switched on,

Thanks for the heads up, will be more careful,
Old 12 November 2015, 10:11 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Glad I could help, InTurbo.

Makes me feel a little better, honest. I do the M3 a lot into London and the average speed cameras there don't seem to phase some people, have often thought that they must be switched off, but always stick to the limits no matter how frustrating is it, as they go on for miles.

cant see how this can stand up, so will get evidence and contest it, but have a feeling I know how it will end.

Mrs Newbie will just have to be more careful next time
Old 21 November 2015, 05:04 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^ ******* d1ckhead
Grow up or just **** off
Old 21 November 2015, 05:06 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alex 773
you can f.uck off

You little spastic hiding behind the keyboard , run along mummy says its tea and bath
Old 26 November 2015, 09:05 AM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pacenote
Don't travel that way very often so can't help on signage, however, it maybe worth checking on pepipoo.com to see if anybody on there has had the same issues.
Have tried for the last few days to get a membership to Pepipoo, I can log in but says that the account is waiting for validation, been like it for a while.

Whilst it is waiting to be validated you can't post or even send a message to teh admin asking what the problem is, the admin appears to have the username Tedd, is anyone on here a member that can ask if there is a validation issue or maybe they are all just on holiday !

Username is GMaggot (dont ask).

Thanks