Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thoughts on UFO's ???

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2015, 04:50 PM
RAPID STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on UFO's ???

Just been looking through some clips on the net and its got me thinking, I've generally been a believer that there is other life out there but have any actually visited us?

I had an "experience" back in 1999 where I was in my garden using an air rifle with a telescopic scope, it was early afternoon and there were 2 other people with me. My sister pointed to an object in the sky, and having the scope on the rifle I aimed up at it. I could see this prism shape object floating silent in the sky probably about 500m up. It was dark grey and had a light at what looked like the rear changing colour.

Strange thing is the very next morning on GMTV IIRC, they had a report of this object seen in parts of the country.

Anyone seen anything similar?
Old 19 July 2015, 04:58 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Every time I get pi55ed I wake up next to a alien ....normally a fit bird the night before.
Old 19 July 2015, 05:07 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm..... that's a bit of a boring UFO..

These ones though.....

Old 19 July 2015, 05:40 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It would be Naïve to assume we are the only living planet in the entire universe. After all, there are more Star's than grains of sand on earth. And assuming that each star has a few planets around each one, then there is a hell of a probability that we are not alone.
Old 19 July 2015, 05:53 PM
RAPID STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Every time I get pi55ed I wake up next to a alien ....normally a fit bird the night before.
Old 19 July 2015, 06:45 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
An! Christ!

Old 19 July 2015, 07:07 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stilover
It would be Naïve to assume we are the only living planet in the entire universe. After all, there are more Star's than grains of sand on earth. And assuming that each star has a few planets around each one, then there is a hell of a probability that we are not alone.
Totally agree with you
Old 19 July 2015, 07:18 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I've never seen any unidentified flying/moving or stationary object in my life so far, because all of them were eventually identified as something we know. It's not to say that they don't exist. I'm open to the possibility of the unidentifiable, and I do think that not all such aircraft is in a shape of a saucer, nor must all the pilots and the passengers of such essentially look like that wrinkly E.T. From the old film.

Last edited by Turbohot; 19 July 2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: iPhone autocorrect idiotics
Old 19 July 2015, 07:18 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

What's is interesting re life on other planets is that only 35 odd years ago it was thought the best chance of life was to be found on the so called "goldilocks" planets, i.e those in a similar orbit to earth

But what recent science has shown is that this is not the case - in our solar system

Celestial bodies (Jupiter, and Saturn's moons - and Pluto) that are far away from the sun were thought to be cold and dead - but the inevitable advance of our knowledge is rolling back the dark

And there is strong evidence they have liquid water - and we know they are active, the moons are in a sense "alive"

I suspect in the next 50 years we will find strong evidence of life on other bodies in the solar system

No alien space craft though

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 19 July 2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 19 July 2015, 08:00 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Agree with the post a few up. I think you'd have be extremely naive to think there wasn't life out there.

All the evidence points towards it. I don't think the human race as whole could handle it though, which is why I think it's been kept under cover (conspiracy theories galore here) and will continue to be. I also believe that technology is waaaaaay further ahead than we believe it is. If you look at some of the advances / jumps that have happened over the last 50 years, I've no doubt that somewhere, crazy technology beyond our wildest dreams is housed but we're being drip-fed it along the way.

Deep stuff lol
Old 19 July 2015, 09:06 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

If there's life on other planets, does that mean there must be 'other' deities that created it?

That's a scary thought....
Old 19 July 2015, 09:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

A lot of peeps say that they believe in aliens more than in God.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sorry, I don't mean to cause another twenty-pager on God on this thread. You may stick to the subject of the UFOs and the aliens, please.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:11 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Well, there's a lot more evidence to support the existence of aliens than there is any God, so that would make sense.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:15 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Well, there's a lot more evidence to support the existence of aliens than there is any God, so that would make sense.
Yes, I know.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:22 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

And possibly as many people believe in neither.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
If there's life on other planets, does that mean there must be 'other' deities that created it?

That's a scary thought....

Perhaps the aliens are the ones that hold our strings? Who knows. You raise a good question about who created them, then. Yes, that sends chill through my spine and all..... That could be them turtles all the way up this time, I suppose.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:26 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

V.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:28 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

And possibly as many people believe in neither.

Oh, certainly! I mean, I'm certain of the possibility. As long as they believe in themselves and know how the world they live in is like, they cope.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:28 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Perhaps the aliens are the ones that hold our strings? Who knows. You raise a good question about who created them, then. Yes, that sends chill through my spine and all..... That could be them turtles all the way up this time, I suppose.
I was actually being a bit flippant, in that a lot of people believe in Creationism.

Wonder if the inhabitants of those other planets are ripping each other to bits over a God....
Old 19 July 2015, 09:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

V.
Is it the alien talk?
Old 19 July 2015, 09:34 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I was actually being a bit flippant, in that a lot of people believe in Creationism.

Wonder if the inhabitants of those other planets are ripping each other to bits over a God....

Well, they are imagined to be far more intelligent then us earthly fools here. So perhaps they don't really argue over God. They perhaps just accept God. Their definition of God might be quite different to ours, though.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:38 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Is it the alien talk?
That'd be 'nanoo nanoo'

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvba...52_b_v7_aa.jpg
Old 19 July 2015, 09:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Old 20 July 2015, 02:17 AM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Firstly, I HAVE seen 'something' in the sky. Was about 15 years ago and I was camping with my family in Kent. We were packing up to go home and I walked over a small field to the rubbish bins when I looked up and saw what looked like a pink and grey cigar-shaped object travelling through the sky. It was the middle of the summer and there was only one cloud in the sky, which this object went behind, but didn't reappear.

My late father also had a fantastic story of one when he was a train driver at Gillingham, but I don't like talking about it.

As for life outside of our planet? Yeah, I'm a believer. There just has to be. I mean, when you look at a map of what scientists believe to be the Universe and we can pick out our Sun as this tiny speck on the map, surrounded by millions of other 'sun's'... The odd's are good.

Plus, I think that other life has already visited us but took one look at how we are damaging the environment and fighting constantly amongst ourselves that they probably thought, "There's nothing here for us to learn and they are already beyond saving".
Old 20 July 2015, 08:19 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
Seriously?!
Old 20 July 2015, 08:57 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Are we alone in the universe? hell no, we know of a tiny fraction of systems let alone planets.

Have we had alien visitors already? doubtful, if they do visit us be worried, be very worried.
Old 20 July 2015, 01:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

That's because one is made up Tripe, while science will prove the other to be true. It's just going to take time.
Old 20 July 2015, 01:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

That's because one is made up Tripe, while science will prove the other to be true. It's just going to take time.
Yes, that's what I thought as one thought. But what if the aliens get proven as the operators/manipulators of this world that we live in? Or am I devaluating God by comparing Him to an alien; just in case the God is the overall daddy to all aliens and the familiar ones??

I'm still on the original subject.
Old 20 July 2015, 04:02 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Million dollar question is, which is which?

On a side note, i'm not religious in the slightest but I'd love to see all the "science disproves god" bunch proven wrong.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on UFO's ???