Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UK will help destroy Islamic State, David Cameron tells US.

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2015, 08:44 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK will help destroy Islamic State, David Cameron tells US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33584548

Can they be defeated? I don't think they can. The more the coalition bomb the caliphate the easier it is for the Islamists to claim defensive jihad and the stronger IS's powers of recruitment become. The coalition couldn't destroy the Taliban and the 'war on terror' has been an unmitigated failure. America and her allies ought to have turned the other cheek after 9/11, now that would have been powerful! I guess hindsight really is 20/20.
Old 19 July 2015, 09:10 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't see much wrong with destroying stock piles weapons

Otherwise though total own goal
Old 19 July 2015, 09:37 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Will IS ever consider that perhaps they are in the wrong? Lol. Don't worry, I know the answer. What happened to peaceful people in this world ? :-(
Old 19 July 2015, 10:27 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

It will never be defeated.
Old 19 July 2015, 10:30 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

How can you destroy an idea and faith? You can fight it parhaps, but the only way to defeat it is to convince followers that the idea is worthless.
Best of luck with that one.
Old 19 July 2015, 10:31 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Problem is, we are now trying to eradicate a stateless people, so we either kill them all, or lose.

We should never have tried meddling in the Middle East, Muslims don't do capitalism or democracy.
Old 19 July 2015, 10:43 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Cameron is a warmonger and an imbecile as are those who voted for him.

It's not hindsight as some of us were saying this is exactly the sort of thing that would happen if we meddled in other countries' affairs all those years ago

All this latest 'crusade' will do is heap further terrorist atrocities on the UK and its people giving the moron further opportunity to introduce more controls of the UK people dressed up as anti-terrorist measures and send our army to wherever next rises up against our 'oh so correct and perfect' Western way of life so he can pat himself on the back as a World statesman.

What a Grade A pr1ck he is!
Old 19 July 2015, 11:11 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Cameron is a warmonger and an imbecile as are those who voted for him.

It's not hindsight as some of us were saying this is exactly the sort of thing that would happen if we meddled in other countries' affairs all those years ago

All this latest 'crusade' will do is heap further terrorist atrocities on the UK and its people giving the moron further opportunity to introduce more controls of the UK people dressed up as anti-terrorist measures and send our army to wherever next rises up against our 'oh so correct and perfect' Western way of life so he can pat himself on the back as a World statesman.

What a Grade A pr1ck he is!
Fairplay, Chris, you called it right, I called it wrong.
Old 19 July 2015, 11:51 AM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alcazar
Problem is, we are now trying to eradicate a stateless people, so we either kill them all, or lose.

We should never have tried meddling in the Middle East, Muslims don't do capitalism or democracy.
oh i think you will find they do, but only certain part's of it, the one's that suit them, million pound house's in leafy suburb's and benefit's spring's to mind
Old 19 July 2015, 01:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Cameron a warmonger?

Of course he is, but why not? It seems to have worked for Thatcher, Dubya and the odious Bliar.
Old 19 July 2015, 01:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Fairplay, Chris, you called it right, I called it wrong.
Apologies James as it wasn't meant to come across as an 'I told you so'. It doesn't really matter who was wrong and who was right, what matters is that our government learn from previous mistakes and don't take our military forces into another un-winnable conflict! Sadly it seems that they are going to do the opposite!
Old 19 July 2015, 01:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Cameron a warmonger?

Of course he is, but why not? It seems to have worked for Thatcher, Dubya and the odious Bliar.
You know when people say that Blair has blood on his hands and what a liar he is, it makes me laugh at their two brain cells on loan to the likes. Fact is, if Cameron was our Prime Minister then, he would have done exactly the same! Politicians aren't like you and me. They have their job to do, and their job can be very bloody and dirty.
Old 19 July 2015, 02:03 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33584548

Can they be defeated? I don't think they can. The more the coalition bomb the caliphate the easier it is for the Islamists to claim defensive jihad and the stronger IS's powers of recruitment become. The coalition couldn't destroy the Taliban and the 'war on terror' has been an unmitigated failure. America and her allies ought to have turned the other cheek after 9/11, now that would have been powerful! I guess hindsight really is 20/20.

Yes.

One word made of two words: self-destructive.
Old 19 July 2015, 05:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
You know when people say that Blair has blood on his hands and what a liar he is, it makes me laugh at their two brain cells on loan to the likes. Fact is, if Cameron was our Prime Minister then, he would have done exactly the same! Politicians aren't like you and me. They have their job to do, and their job can be very bloody and dirty.

Bull cr@p.
Old 19 July 2015, 05:37 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Bull cr@p.
Expand, please.
Old 19 July 2015, 05:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Then you've got Hollanders of this world desperately attempting boost ratings by actin tough
Old 19 July 2015, 06:59 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Its a good decision as the only other option is to do nothing.
We cant sit back an watch this mob brutal ways.
And no, in modern times the UK & U.S are nothing like them.
Old 20 July 2015, 09:25 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Yes.

One word made of two words: self-destructive.
How does that look, Swati?
Old 20 July 2015, 09:47 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

It may well remove some of their weapons and put off some of the people from joining them, but it wont stop the hard-liners, that is never easy no mater what.
Old 20 July 2015, 09:49 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

How does that look, Swati?
Quite bloody.

As I say, self-destructive for Cameron and the country he represents, James. Like a death wish. I bet he foresees the terror attacks on the UK but he entices IS regardless. Why? We must ask him. However, it still looks like a death wish, you see.

Last edited by Turbohot; 20 July 2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 20 July 2015, 12:57 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Expand, please.
Bull cr@p
Old 20 July 2015, 01:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Bull cr@p
Don't be silly!

Talk with me, Alcazar! I have next 15 mins to kill, man.
Old 20 July 2015, 09:14 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Dave is too busy eating Halal whilst going against B 15:29 and Q 5:5.
Old 20 July 2015, 10:48 PM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

Send in John Rambo to sort out these ****ers
Old 20 July 2015, 11:14 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we go again! Let's turn the other cheek and get a belt in that one too. As usual the 'Do nothing' brigade doesn't offer credible alternatives. Wringing hands and looking sad don't cut the mustard as a way of defeating IS. Something positive has to be done.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. This holds true now as it always has.
Old 21 July 2015, 03:16 AM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Bull cr@p

Old 21 July 2015, 06:16 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
Here we go again! Let's turn the other cheek and get a belt in that one too. As usual the 'Do nothing' brigade doesn't offer credible alternatives. Wringing hands and looking sad don't cut the mustard as a way of defeating IS. Something positive has to be done.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. This holds true now as it always has.
As laudable as Burke's words are, and as I implied in my opening paragraph, I'm afraid that allied interference in the affairs of the so-called 'Muslim world' has led directly to the creation of IS. The Islamofascists have capitalised on the power vacuum that we carved out and as we attack land they perceive to be theirs they can rightfully claim defensive jihad. Islamic State can, in their eyes, justifiably invoke the chilling command of the sword verse.

P.S. Having made the mistake of backing the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq and having supported the removal of Gaddafi, I'm finally on the right side of history with regards to Syria.

https://www.scoobynet.com/937281-syr...l#post10642576

Last edited by JTaylor; 21 July 2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 21 July 2015, 07:58 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

OK, Thatcher:

Ordered the torpedoing of the General Belgrano, despite the fact that she had been told it had turned away and was retreating. 323 dead.

Bliar:

Followed the idiot Dubya into both Afghanistan and Iraq, no mandate from the UN in either case. He used the excuse that they had weapons of mass destruction. Despite a thorough search, none were ever found, even the previously supportive Daily Mirror introduced it's WMD-ometer, charting the number of days since they had NOT been found.

Folk are now starting to excuse him on the grounds that HE was lied to. Nope. If that were true, those who lied to him would have faced prison time. No-one ever did.

Thus he is culpable.

And saying others supported him cuts no ice. HE was PM, HE made the statement about WMD.
Old 21 July 2015, 08:00 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

As laudable as Burke's words are, and as I implied in my opening paragraph, I'm afraid that allied interference in the affairs of the so-called 'Muslim world' has led directly to the creation of IS. The Islamofascists have capitalised on the power vacuum that we carved out and as we attack land they perceive to be theirs they can rightfully claim defensive jihad. Islamic State can, in their eyes, justifiably invoke the chilling command of the sword verse.

P.S. Having made the mistake of backing the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq and having supported the removal of Gaddafi, I'm finally on the right side of history with regards to Syria.

100% correct.

Let the previously silent Muslim majority sort out their own mess.
Old 21 July 2015, 08:06 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's an understandable reaction, and having been involved in one of those conflicts I absolutely agree that they were a mistake. I thought so at the time and even deplored the execution of Saddam Hussein. I worked for and with the Libyans during Gaddafi's reign and the situation in that country was stable and nothing like as oppressive as those on the outside imagined. We should have left well alone. But we didn't and IS is the result.

If IS were to confine its activities to destroying its own people and heritage then we could possibly tut tut and shake our heads sadly but practically do nothing. Unfortunately IS influence is spilling out into international terrorism and it will be knocking on our own doors soon enough. Do you really believe that we should stand by and do nothing?

Last edited by Paben; 21 July 2015 at 08:07 AM.

Quick Reply: UK will help destroy Islamic State, David Cameron tells US.