Old 12 June 2015, 01:29 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Should have done the time ,numpties

Don't expect to get off cos youre western

, unbelievable
I'm sorry, but b*ll*cks. A first-time offense of public indecency in any civilized country wouldn't attract more than a fine and perhaps a single night in jail, and the actual charge brought against them ("offending the spirit of the mountain, thus causing an earthquake"), is a load of superstitious p!sh that has no place in a court of law.
Old 12 June 2015, 01:37 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The real questions are;

Is she fit?
Has anyone got the photo(s)?
Old 12 June 2015, 01:38 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
I'm sorry, but b*ll*cks. A first-time offense of public indecency in any civilized country wouldn't attract more than a fine and perhaps a single night in jail, and the actual charge brought against them ("offending the spirit of the mountain, thus causing an earthquake"), is a load of superstitious p!sh that has no place in a court of law.
You need to stop reading the media. They were not charged with offending the spirit of the mountain, they were, however, charged with committing an obscene act in public. They will not serve any time and will pay a fine ... like they might in any civilised country. To call Malaysia uncivilised is pathetic. You won't find Malaysians fighting on the streets of every town on a Saturday night... unlike our 'oh so civilised' sh1thole of a country!

Last edited by f1_fan; 12 June 2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12 June 2015, 01:48 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
You need to stop reading the media. They were not charged with offending the spirit of the mountain, they were, however, charged with committing an obscene act in public. They will not serve any time and will pay a fine ... like they might in any civilised country. To call Malaysia uncivilised is pathetic. You won't find Malaysians fighting on the streets of every town on a Saturday night... unlike our 'oh so civilised' sh1thiole of a country!
And you (along with the OP) clearly need to spend more time reading it. They were in fact sentenced to 3 days, and are only free to leave the country now because of time already served while awaiting trial and sentencing.
Old 12 June 2015, 01:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

You need to stop reading the media. They were not charged with offending the spirit of the mountain, they were, however, charged with committing an obscene act in public. They will not serve any time and will pay a fine ... like they might in any civilised country. To call Malaysia uncivilised is pathetic. You won't find Malaysians fighting on the streets of every town on a Saturday night... unlike our 'oh so civilised' sh1thiole of a country!
+1.

British tourists in general do seem to behave terribly while abroad. It certainly is contrary to the belief of the British that they are so fantastically civilised and open as opposed to the uncivilised and oppressed third worldians. Utterly embarrassing!

That kid was not some British underclass either. She was an aeronautical engineering degree student with some other academic mates of hers. She didn't need to get bladdered and stand naked on the top of the mountain. Now you say not to read the media, but media also said that her peers urinated in public and told the locals to f**k off upon their objection to their obscene acts. Judge kindly summarised all that with saying that they 'ignored' the local guides/public, but I don't rule any of those acts out. I've seen British people behaving in most disgusting ways while on holidays, and they might as well be as primitive as stone age hairy yetis than calling themselves all 'civilised'.
Old 12 June 2015, 02:00 PM
coupe_20vt
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Serious question for you f1_fan......

In post #4 you allude to the fact you don't 'read' the media, so would it be fair to assume you get all your facts and figures regarding current affairs from radio and TV media? Or is it from somewhere else? As I said, serious question.

Trending Topics

Old 12 June 2015, 02:09 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

And you (along with the OP) clearly need to spend more time reading it. They were in fact sentenced to 3 days, and are only free to leave the country now because of time already served while awaiting trial and sentencing.
Sigh, yes it's backdated i.e. they have already served it - it's a sap to the Malaysian media and those in the country who want a less lenient punishment!

Anyway my statement 'they will not serve any time' is a statement about the future...it's factually correct regardless!
Old 12 June 2015, 02:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not so long if you attempted this sort of thing you'd be in the proverbial boiling pot , never mind a trial !
Old 12 June 2015, 02:10 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coupe_20vt
Serious question for you f1_fan......

In post #4 you allude to the fact you don't 'read' the media, so would it be fair to assume you get all your facts and figures regarding current affairs from radio and TV media? Or is it from somewhere else? As I said, serious question.
What I should have said is 'you need to stop believing the media'. I read and listen to the media like anyone, but try to get some balance across different news agencies and then throw in a healthy dose of cynicism! Works for me!
Old 12 June 2015, 02:13 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Not so long if you attempted this sort of thing you'd be in the proverbial boiling pot , never mind a trial !
You've not been have you? You can't even spell it FFS!
Old 12 June 2015, 02:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Even if they were, they should have behaved according to the culture they 'chose' to visit. They have no right to offend the set values and beliefs of the culture they visit for a few days. They should study it better before deciding to visit the place, and if it's not their cuppa tea, they should stick to travelling within Europe where they can run around naked and sleep around with random people. No wonder British tourists have such bad image in non-EU countries. Thick as f**k!

The only place I found them falsely complying with something was in Afghanistan and some other Muslim countries where British female tourists cover their heads, even in the plane before touching Kabul airport runway, only because they fear of getting shot by the Afghan guards with AK47 each.
Old 12 June 2015, 02:32 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Even if they were, they should have behaved according to the culture they 'chose' to visit. They have no right to offend the set values and beliefs of the culture they visit for a few days. They should study it better before deciding to visit the place, and if it's not their cuppa tea, they should stick to travelling within Europe where they can run around naked and sleep around with random people. No wonder British tourists have such bad image in non-EU countries. Thick as f**k!
Precisely, I have travelled all over that part of the world and if you observe their laws and customs you have no issues... it's not rocket science!
Old 12 June 2015, 02:35 PM
coupe_20vt
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What I should have said is 'you need to stop believing the media'. I read and listen to the media like anyone, but try to get some balance across different news agencies and then throw in a healthy dose of cynicism! Works for me!
You can't beat a good healthy dose of cynicism
Old 12 June 2015, 02:40 PM
mazbow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot

The only place I found them falsely complying with something was in Afghanistan and some other Muslim countries where British female tourists cover their heads, even in the plane before touching Kabul airport runway, only because they fear of getting shot by the Afghan guards with AK47 each.
I agree with you on that
Basically if your going abroad dont disrespect the people the area or there beliefs if them people had done that somewhere like dubai the they would have been fu*ked and probably sentanced to a public flogging.
If you want to do that sh*t stay home were no one cares
Old 12 June 2015, 03:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

You've not been have you? You can't even spell it FFS!
What are you on.

I was merely reiterating what others have said , ie you are in a foreign country so should respect their customs
Old 12 June 2015, 04:03 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr. Heckle and Mr. Snide
What are you on.

I was merely reiterating what others have said , ie you are in a foreign country so should respect their customs
Your reference to a boiling pot didn't seem to be saying anything about respecting customs, it seemed to be poking fun at Johhny Foreigner.... what are YOU on????

Your spelling.... Malasian - in your thread title you illiterate uneducated oik!

Last edited by f1_fan; 12 June 2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12 June 2015, 04:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Wordspell , not my fault
Old 12 June 2015, 04:09 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr. Heckle and Mr. Snide
Wordspell , not my fault
It's always someone else's fault with 'little Englanders' like you isn't it?
Old 12 June 2015, 04:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

No no no . My reference to boiling pot was that if you break the rules in a foreign country you shouldn't be bleating to the rest of the 'civilised' about what's coming to you .

Little engerlander lol
Old 12 June 2015, 04:41 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Furious backpedalling there!
Old 12 June 2015, 05:22 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Sigh, yes it's backdated i.e. they have already served it - it's a sap to the Malaysian media and those in the country who want a less lenient punishment!

Anyway my statement 'they will not serve any time' is a statement about the future...it's factually correct regardless!
Good grief, with verbal contortions like that, anyone would think you were a journo yourself.
Old 12 June 2015, 05:49 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Should have just give em a slap on there **** I mean wrist
Old 12 June 2015, 05:52 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Good grief, with verbal contortions like that, anyone would think you were a journo yourself.
What I am.... is right!
Old 13 June 2015, 12:14 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

What I am.... is right!
I find that highly unlikely
Old 13 June 2015, 12:49 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I find that highly unlikely
Well who seriously gives a **** what you find?
Old 13 June 2015, 06:14 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem here is a lack of respect and common decency, far too many Brits think they can do as they please abroad, that maybe the case in Ibiza but as above try that sort of thing in places like Dubai and they'll be in serious trouble. Even out here in Croatia women have to wear long sleeves and cover their legs above the knees before entering a church, so it's not just far flung regions that have such regulations and you don't want to mess with the cops or judiciary out here either.