Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Unemployment figures

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2015, 07:49 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Unemployment figures

What sort of percentage manipulation of the figures do you think the present government are achieving ??

I know full well Thatch did this in the eighties because I was one of them for a year
Old 13 May 2015, 09:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
What sort of percentage manipulation of the figures do you think the present government are achieving ??

I know full well Thatch did this in the eighties because I was one of them for a year
Employed or unemployed?
Old 13 May 2015, 09:28 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Employed or unemployed?
Neither, one of the percentage Or the bloke fiddling the figures
Old 13 May 2015, 09:30 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

How many on zero hour contracts, in otherwords unemployed and on standby.
Old 13 May 2015, 09:32 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Neither, one of the percentage Or the bloke fiddling the figures
HAHA clever clogs, Scoobywon't!
Old 13 May 2015, 09:38 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Unemployed
Old 13 May 2015, 10:12 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Doesn't matter really as the sheep will believe what they want to believe. Let's be honest do any of the Tory voters with a job give a **** about the unemployed anyway! No they don't!

Trending Topics

Old 13 May 2015, 10:34 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Doesn't matter really as the sheep will believe what they want to believe. Let's be honest do any of the Tory voters with a job give a **** about the unemployed anyway! No they don't!
'The sheep' lol

You mean the people without their heads up their *****?

Are you suggesting that unemployment is going up, flat or dow? Sometimes it's actually difficult to know what you actually mean.

We have about 700k vacancies at present, now square that with your statement.
Old 13 May 2015, 10:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
'The sheep' lol

You mean the people without their heads up their *****?

Are you suggesting that unemployment is going up, flat or dow? Sometimes it's actually difficult to know what you actually mean.

We have about 700k vacancies at present, now square that with your statement.
If you find it difficult then as I said before it says a lot more about you than me! And let's remember you believe government figures which is clearly a stupid thing to do as I have proved to you before! Don't ask me for a link, find it yourself if you can't remember!

Anyway what do you care, you have a job!

Last edited by f1_fan; 13 May 2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 13 May 2015, 10:44 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Maggie government would alter ways of counting unemployed, this government is doing the same.
Old 14 May 2015, 12:16 AM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who knows regarding the unemployed, what we do know for sure is that millions of Eastern Europeans have migrated here, and despite not speaking English when they arrive have mostly found jobs, so there are plenty of jobs. For that reason the working public are having little sympathy for the unemployed.

Perhaps we should do a one in one out, for every Eastern European migrant, we send an unemployed brit back to them, and agree to pay the respective benefit bill in Poland (tongue in cheek)
Old 14 May 2015, 07:18 AM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

All governments fiddle the unemployment figures.....there is around 4 million people you currently do not have a job...the figures quoted are for people who get certain benefits......you add in those who are disabled, zero hours contracts, temp workers "in between roles", those whose JSA has run out ( 6 months allowed only) etc you see that the figures do mount up......as for all those "vacancies" just how many are part time? - can you support your family on a part time wage?.....How many are temp roles - I have been temping and contracting for 4 years - always get calls about permanent roles but the completion is fierce - there are still 10 people plus applying for every permanent job......just how many vacancies are for commission based pay only - again could you take that gamble.....and then there are the zero hours vacancies - so again could you survive that?.............so lets get real - there are more unemployed then are mentioned in the figures and the "massive" amount of vacancies is a fallicy.
Old 14 May 2015, 07:27 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Edmondo
All governments fiddle the unemployment figures.....there is around 4 million people you currently do not have a job...the figures quoted are for people who get certain benefits......you add in those who are disabled, zero hours contracts, temp workers "in between roles", those whose JSA has run out ( 6 months allowed only) etc you see that the figures do mount up......as for all those "vacancies" just how many are part time? - can you support your family on a part time wage?.....How many are temp roles - I have been temping and contracting for 4 years - always get calls about permanent roles but the completion is fierce - there are still 10 people plus applying for every permanent job......just how many vacancies are for commission based pay only - again could you take that gamble.....and then there are the zero hours vacancies - so again could you survive that?.............so lets get real - there are more unemployed then are mentioned in the figures and the "massive" amount of vacancies is a fallicy.
Please stop with this truth ****, the Tories on here don't like it! They are all well paid professionals and want to go to work to earn their over inflated salaries thinking all is well with the government they adore so please keep this stuff to yourself in future
Old 14 May 2015, 07:42 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

OK, so just for the sake argument, let's assume some proportion of the true numbers of unemployed are being creatively accounted away. If that's case, can someone please explain what's going on in places like France or Spain, where published unemployment figures are close to double what they are here? Are their governments just a lot more honest than ours, or just not nearly as proficient at cooking the books?
Old 14 May 2015, 08:23 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

... or the third option obviously, which is that they're all 'at it' as bad as each other, and our true figures really are proportionately that much lower, even if they're somewhat larger than what the govt tells us
Old 14 May 2015, 09:29 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I was slightly amazed you could effectively be removed from the figures for being 5 mins late to sign on .....

The kind of stuff that would have given Tatch an orgasm if shed been able to get away with it in the eighties
Old 14 May 2015, 10:10 AM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thatcher put loads of people onto disability from what I gather, NL brought in tax credits to incentivise part time work this spreading jobs, at the margin, across several people.

What's not in dispute is that if every unemployed Brit had stepped forward to do the jobs the Eastern Europeans have been coming here to do, then we'd have no unemployed Brits left.

So no matter how cooked the figures are, and they certainly are, there's also something else going on with the unemployed Brits who can't find work.
Old 14 May 2015, 10:44 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

NL also raised the school leaving age TWO years.

I note that, once again, the positive figures are coming from the SE and London.

The rest of us?
Old 14 May 2015, 10:54 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

I note that, once again, the positive figures are coming from the SE and London.

The rest of us?
The government and most of their supporters don't give a f**k about the rest of us Jeff!

We'd be better off siding with the Scots frankly!
Old 14 May 2015, 10:56 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Well I didn't vote Tory.........but the Scots Nationalism has fekked what might have been in England. FAR too many people voted a different way than what they were going to because of fear of a Liebour/SNP coalition...and THAT would have finished the North.
Old 14 May 2015, 10:58 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Well I didn't vote Tory.........but the Scots Nationalism has fekked what might have been in England. FAR too many people voted a different way than what they were going to because of fear of a Liebour/SNP coalition...and THAT would have finished the North.
Jeff, if Cameron, Miliband et al hadn't been such bell ends over the referendum there would have been nowhere near the rise in Scottish nationalism. It is their fault, not the Scots!

Last edited by f1_fan; 14 May 2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 14 May 2015, 11:00 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

That would ,or that has ?
Old 14 May 2015, 11:33 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by markjmd
... or the third option obviously, which is that they're all 'at it' as bad as each other, and our true figures really are proportionately that much lower, even if they're somewhat larger than what the govt tells us
probably this - but exacerbated by the fact that Thatcher actively used/promoted Employment/Unemployment as a part of the economic policy thru purely ideological reasons
Old 14 May 2015, 11:35 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rest of us?

Get on yer bike?

If you Northeners could stop moaning for ten seconds it might help you be more productive. Anyway, don't worry, my mate George has a plan to create a 'Northern powerhouse'
Old 14 May 2015, 01:16 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carney has been on the radio this morning that 0nly 50,000 migrants have taken jobs against 500,000 uk nationals ..... on the BBC website as well. Not sure where that statistic came from.

Shaun
Old 14 May 2015, 02:20 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Jeff, if Cameron, Miliband et al hadn't been such bell ends over the referendum there would have been nowhere near the rise in Scottish nationalism. It is their fault, not the Scots!
Not blaming the Sweaties, I blame Labour.
Old 14 May 2015, 02:23 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Get on yer bike?

If you Northeners could stop moaning for ten seconds it might help you be more productive.
Oh, we'd be productive enough....if only companies would locate anywhere but the SE.

Sadly, we aren't given the chance. Since part of our steelworks closed here in the 80's, the land released is STILL unused. We just cannot get anyone to come, despite being on a motorway, close to the rivers Humber and Trent, and with a decent freight/passenger rail link.

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Anyway, don't worry, my mate George has a plan to create a 'Northern powerhouse'
Aye.........right.........
Old 14 May 2015, 02:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Carney has been on the radio this morning that 0nly 50,000 migrants have taken jobs against 500,000 uk nationals ..... on the BBC website as well. Not sure where that statistic came from.

Shaun
fairyland
Old 14 May 2015, 06:38 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

No they didn't.
Old 14 May 2015, 06:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Who the fek did then?

It was 16, now it's 17 and the law is in place to make it 18 soon??

And don't even get me started on their dishonest drive to get 50% of our kids to study for worthless degrees.......that was Liebour too.

Quick Reply: Unemployment figures