Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police..lost all respect completely

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2015, 02:26 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Police..lost all respect completely

Ambulance service 10/10.Fire Brigade 10/10.Perhaps I am biased after an awful experience.Arrested for asking to see my children without any threats whatsover,just persistently asking too much in their eyes.However....

The two policeman who came to arrest me were incredibly thick.At the station it was all fun and games and laughter for them all.Not me,just generally.I added up the total IQ and it came to three out of twenty of them.They were all just having a general laugh between themselves,leaning on counters,checking how flourescent they were and drinking coffee

What the hell qualifications do you need?? I used to play cricket with a police team who seemed far more intelligent than now.Is it just one GCSE in thickness

They seem to do absolutely sweet FA.Even speeding is via a camera.Used to refer clients to them who were always shoo'ed away

They are a complete waste of my taxpaying money.AArgh.Seeing how they really operate has made my blood boil.Fine line between criminals and police Would I step in to help any one of you ? No.You sign up,want an easy life then your pension.Oh,And apart from my debacle,can't remember the last time I saw one of you pompous lot

Last edited by lozgti1; 10 May 2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10 May 2015, 03:44 PM
namron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Todays Police Force.

Totally agree.
Old 10 May 2015, 03:52 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

My father was a policeman for 26 years, my brother was for 13 years.

Police from then to now is like night and day.

Total respect to my fathers generation of coppers, hearing and seeing my brothers generation and how they conduct themselves is a joke and I now have little respect for them.

That to me speaks volumes as years ago I wouldn't hear a bad word said about the force, now I don't give a toss what is said..
Old 10 May 2015, 04:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Recently been on a speed awareness course. My bad, I admit. Anyway, I was glad that there were no police guys about but just the subcontracted trainers. Otherwise, I and other mostly middle-aged and respectable 'criminals' would have been more ready to be even far more patronised to fcvk by the arrogant copper/s.

That's something they tend to learn i.e. arrogance, once on the job. I don't think they're great with their professionalism. I do find a lot of them pretty unprofessional with their attitude, whenever I've seen them here n' there mincing about.

About 2 years ago I saw a copper and a copperess wanting to enter a garage after midnight. It was 24-hr one, with just a selling window open, just with one salesman inside. They made him leave his seat and interrupt his service to the queue of 4 people, got him to unlock the main double doors, and simply loitered about, buying junk food for the night. Then they got out, and drove off. I talked to the boy about it on my next visit, and he said that their behaviour was a norm, but he was helpless as they were police. He said that they never joined the queue at the window, and they always made him or his colleagues leave serving others, in order to push in for their crisps and pop.

It’s not to say that there aren’t good coppers about. I've met some very good policepersons. But generally speaking, their unprofessionalism doesn’t go unnoticed, and quite a few of them tend to misuse their authoritative job status. Not every person, who has been a victim of their arrogance, has any automatic built-in problem with the authorities. It’s a shame that some of the coppers give such a lousy and haughty picture of the authorities to public, and then who can blame the generalisation. 999 ‘attempt to murder turned murder’ calls from the victims go unacted upon, and six police cars turn up to catch one mildly drunk and disorderly person. Can’t be all blamed on the people on the receiving end.

I wonder how their professional conduct departments/committees are doing these days. Police forces in general had many independent advisory groups in past that focused on many things; one being police's professional conduct. I wonder if such groups are still running and making these coppers smell the coffee, every now and again. may be they are still running, but for name's sake.

Oh, I forgot, Loz did say that that's all then coppers seem to do. Smell and drink the coffee, so this target is being met, and such powerless groups' existence is also receiving some justification due to that. That's alright, then.

Last edited by Turbohot; 10 May 2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10 May 2015, 05:52 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Perhaps I am biased after an awful experience.Arrested for asking to see my children without any threats whatsover,just persistently asking too much in their eyes.However....
You've been arrested twice now?
Old 10 May 2015, 05:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

In the last fifteen years, I've seen them lie about me and my family, lie TO me and my family and generally act like dicks.

No respect left, sorry.
Old 10 May 2015, 06:35 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

All coppers are w4nkers, there used to be good ones years ago but not anymore. I sometimes wonder if we would actually be better off without them. At least I could drive where I wanted without risk of being another cash cow. I mean its not like they stop any real criminals anymore now is it.

Trending Topics

Old 10 May 2015, 06:38 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Have total distruss for police, have had personal experience of their dishonesty and trickery
Old 10 May 2015, 07:17 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
You've been arrested twice now?
No.Just that once.Just having a chunter about what I saw and experienced though

Like I say the police I played cricket with many years ago seemed to be a different bunch to what is on offer now.Some good blokes then

Last edited by lozgti1; 10 May 2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10 May 2015, 07:23 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-sub
Have total distruss for police, have had personal experience of their dishonesty and trickery
+1

Due to recently having been stitched up due to their lack professionalism, or even ability to do the job they'e paid to do.

I could list several moments in my life whereby they've prooved to be inept, but the recent one just takes the biscuit.

Now I would'nt p**s on one if they were on fire.
Old 10 May 2015, 07:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

That's the problem....they NEED public support to do their job, yet are losing it on an almost daily basis due to their manic need to catch more and more people speeding.

When Joe-Middle-Class's one and only contact with the police is when he receives a letter demanding money with menaces, what DO the police think his reaction is likely to be?

And their continued bleating that they are "only following orders" cuts no ice....just as it should.
Old 10 May 2015, 07:39 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Like I say the police I played cricket with many years ago seemed to be a different bunch to what is on offer now.Some good blokes then
'Chunter' is a very funny word. First time I've learnt of it.
Old 10 May 2015, 07:45 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gazzawrx
All coppers are w4nkers, there used to be good ones years ago but not anymore. I sometimes wonder if we would actually be better off without them. At least I could drive where I wanted without risk of being another cash cow. I mean its not like they stop any real criminals anymore now is it.
I think you need to get some perspective. What about all the arrests and prosecutions of those in pedophile rings, arrest of attempted murderer of a baby in Birmingham, or the 5 who stabbed to death a man in Leeds, or the arrest of those protesters causing public unrest and vandalizing memorials, etc, etc. Sure you may not have had a pleasant experience with them, but there are plenty more who feel they serve the public well rather than just issuing speeding tickets. You may not **** on them if they were on fire, however, you'd still expect them to help if you were in that situation yourself.

Last edited by jonc; 10 May 2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10 May 2015, 08:17 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Ambulance service 10/10.Fire Brigade 10/10.Perhaps I am biased after an awful experience.Arrested for asking to see my children without any threats whatsover,just persistently asking too much in their eyes.However....

The two policeman who came to arrest me were incredibly thick.At the station it was all fun and games and laughter for them all.Not me,just generally.I added up the total IQ and it came to three out of twenty of them.They were all just having a general laugh between themselves,leaning on counters,checking how flourescent they were and drinking coffee

What the hell qualifications do you need?? I used to play cricket with a police team who seemed far more intelligent than now.Is it just one GCSE in thickness

They seem to do absolutely sweet FA.Even speeding is via a camera.Used to refer clients to them who were always shoo'ed away

They are a complete waste of my taxpaying money.AArgh.Seeing how they really operate has made my blood boil.Fine line between criminals and police Would I step in to help any one of you ? No.You sign up,want an easy life then your pension.Oh,And apart from my debacle,can't remember the last time I saw one of you pompous lot
I think I can agree somewhat with your post, quite a few years ago, approx 15/16 when I split from my first wife, I managed to track her down and knock on her door asking to see my kids as she had kept them from me for a few months at that time with no resolution - coppers were called who attended and I refused to leave until I saw my kids - they were pretty good though after realising I wasn't going to leave until I had saw my kids and especially as I told them to arrest me if they had to they managed to talk to my ex wife and convince her to let me see the kids for a few minutes - after which I calmly left and headed home.

Just to note I was stopped just up the road by another cop car who had a chat about being the situation but all was ok.

I would therefore agree that back then coppers made educated judgements on situations and did have common sense.
Old 10 May 2015, 09:38 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
That's the problem....they NEED public support to do their job, yet are losing it on an almost daily basis due to their manic need to catch more and more people speeding.

When Joe-Middle-Class's one and only contact with the police is when he receives a letter demanding money with menaces, what DO the police think his reaction is likely to be?

And their continued bleating that they are "only following orders" cuts no ice....just as it should.
On a good point....humberside have just offered me the speed awareness course
Old 10 May 2015, 09:42 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Oh and it gets better. I've just found out that within the last 48 hours some thieving c**t has stollen some gear from my boat. Naturally I'll report this, both to the harbour master and to the police tomorrow. I even have a name of some smack head who was seen opening up my boat around the time things dissapeared. I'll let the police know and see what they do. (I already know - nothing).
Old 10 May 2015, 10:07 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

For those of you who think that all the good cops have gone - they probably have. I'd start a shift and see the old boys ticking another day off the calender towards their retirement.

The number of officers has been cut, those with experience have gone or are going. Those left are the one's with less experience - and crucially lower salaries.

In the meantime, the workload goes up, the advent of facebook and social media, plus baby-sitting for social services or the ambulance service, stretches front line resources further - and those with pips sit in their ivory towers inventing new targets for the front-line staff to meet - in order that they can remain in the ivory towers inventing more useless ideas.

I'll admit, I once got a telling off for telling a lad I'd nicked that he should also accuse his missus of the same offence, so I could get rid of the job - but he had physical injuries and CCTV backed it up.

If you all feel so strongly, form a protest of some sort that gets those rank-chasing officers back on the streets instead of increasing the workload of those who are actually on the street. Just like any customer services job, you get better treatment if those serving you are under less pressure. End the promotion chasing, back-stabbing culture of those who want pips and you'll improve the service from the police no end.

As for do they need public support, no - they only need public consent. I'm glad I got out when I did. Full respect to the firemen and nurses who put in sterling work, sod the paramedics and social services who are totally inept.
Old 10 May 2015, 10:09 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I can't argue with what you saw or experienced, but hopefully the advice I posted on the previous thread will help you avoid future trouble or at least help you show that your ex is wasting police resources.
Old 10 May 2015, 10:32 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

I got stopped 14 times in 10 days when bought my scoob 3 years ago.. they couldn't understand that having a traders insurance covered you for my car.. also then decided that they worked out in there head that i was doing 54mph in a 40!! Yeah that's rite in there head! Got to the point of me not bothering going out late in my car. Also one time didn't have my insurance cert on me for what ever reason so I had to produce.. Did it.. nothing thought of it then 5 months later get a court summons for not producing! Because they had lost my proof of producing. .luckily I kept my other half and got away with it but I'd hadn't would have got 6points!

Ryan
Old 10 May 2015, 10:58 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I can't argue with what you saw or experienced, but hopefully the advice I posted on the previous thread will help you avoid future trouble or at least help you show that your ex is wasting police resources.
It did thank you

Although never in a million years did I expect what happened..Common sense would have told them to approach it completely differently.perhaps if I'd mugged someone Id understand!

I know its difficult....same as a lawyer,things have changed
Old 11 May 2015, 03:09 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I take it you were arrested for harassment then? And the place where they were 'leaning on counter tops and drinking coffee' was in the custody suite?

Its difficult with cases such as this as they are largely one word against another, with the so called victim providing evidence/occurrences etc etc that would support their view point. The other party will have their version of events. And more often than not, one of them is lying but they don't seem keen to tell us that fact at first.

I can remember one occasion in our area where a female made the initial complaint of her ex partner causing her harassment by texting, phoning and just turning up at her door. We tried to do it the common sense approach by driving him out of the area and getting him to stay at a relatives address whilst we could examine the phone evidence further to see who was right & wrong. Both people seemed sensible professional people. He later got out of his relatives address, went straight back to her house and knifed her. I think the public out cry was along the lines of "... the police should have taken more positive action the first time.....they should have done their jobs properly... etc " So sometimes you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

How do you want the police to change then to get your support back?

From my point of view – I am an emergency response officer. I start each shift looking at a job queue (of non emergency jobs) of between 80 – 100 jobs with about 10-15 of us to deal with them. In between these we will get numerous emergency jobs which superseded the job queue. And then on top of that, we each carry about 10 or so jobs which we have picked up from the previous days queue which require investigations to fit in amongst everything else.

Bare in mind any one of these jobs can tie you up all day and each person requires (and deserves) a level of service. For example, I speak to a victim of an assault from a town centre incident where the victim is not seriously hurt, but wants action taken against the offender. So I take details and a statement – during this time a theft from motor vehicle comes in around the corner. Do I leave my victim of assault to deal with the that? Everyone else is tied up with similar jobs so its not a simple case of sending another unit.

What do we do? We try to “box clever”. So we make arrangements to get the statements at a later date – but this later dates never arrives which leaves the victim wondering if we will ever come back. And this is just one example of how stretched we are. Public complains that we 'hide behind paperwork' but if the assault victim wants action taken against the offender its up to us to put the case file together or else it gets kicked out at court as 'no evidence offered' and the case files can take ages to do particularly since this 'paperwork' aspect has doubled since the last government.

I have never dealt with anyone for speeding and since we are now left with only 2 traffic cars to cover the county and no static or mobile cameras I don't think anyone else does either – yet we still get moaned at all the time by people on their nights out saying that “we concentrate too much on speeding”

So I ask, if you could take charge of the service as of now, how would you change it for the better?

And as for banning drinking coffee and leaning on counter tops, which I suspect happens in most other industries from time to time; I won't mention the fire brigade who are in bed for most of their shifts.

Last edited by Felix.; 11 May 2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11 May 2015, 05:18 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Felix.... 2 traffic cars and no speed cameras
I need to be your neighbour
Old 11 May 2015, 08:48 AM
fawor
BANNED

OP should go to US and complain, You will realise quick what word 'thick' means
stop crying, nothing happened
Old 11 May 2015, 10:20 AM
300gnspitzer
Scooby Regular

I went in a Mcdonalds in Peterborough a few weeks ago, 5 police cars in the car park, 9 coppers inside, all chatting, looking/playing with their phones. I ate my BigMac, drank my coffee and read my paper. When I left they were all still sitting there. There could have been a perfectly reasonable explanation for what they were doing but it looked really bad to me, pretty poor PR at the least. This is the police force flat out working for(taking the p$ss out of) the community.
Old 11 May 2015, 10:43 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 300gnspitzer
I went in a Mcdonalds in Peterborough a few weeks ago, 5 police cars in the car park, 9 coppers inside, all chatting, looking/playing with their phones. I ate my BigMac, drank my coffee and read my paper. When I left they were all still sitting there. There could have been a perfectly reasonable explanation for what they were doing but it looked really bad to me, pretty poor PR at the least. This is the police force flat out working for(taking the p$ss out of) the community.
Or perhaps on their meal break - which everyone is entitled too especially when you are working 10-12 hours shifts.

And again - the public don't seem to mind the fire brigade going to sleep on nights, or doctors & nurses having a bite to eat when they can.

Although, most of the time you tend to get a big mac, sandwich etc and hit he road again. What i find more bizarre is the private company which took over our control room insist that their operators have a 20 minute break from time to time because they are sat in front of a computer. Really helpful when its busy and part of the reason why the police are not dispatched to jobs quicker.

Last edited by Felix.; 11 May 2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11 May 2015, 10:47 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Oh and it gets better. I've just found out that within the last 48 hours some thieving c**t has stollen some gear from my boat. Naturally I'll report this, both to the harbour master and to the police tomorrow. I even have a name of some smack head who was seen opening up my boat around the time things dissapeared. I'll let the police know and see what they do. (I already know - nothing).
No, he will be interviewed for it. Whether there is sufficient evidence to prove that he has committed the theft is another matter. Unfortunately (or fortunately) everyone is innocent until proven guilty and circumstantial evidence alone won't be enough.
Old 11 May 2015, 11:01 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow

That to me speaks volumes as years ago I wouldn't hear a bad word said about the force, now I don't give a toss what is said..
Is this around the time of the miners strike, and operation countryman which outed flying squad officers who were informing the underworld of imminent police raids and planting evidence on innocent people.

Stefan Kiszko who was 'fitted up' for a murder in the late 60's so the police could be seen to have a result. and served 16 years in prison.... and many many more

The 'Gene Hunt' style of policing..... is this what you want to return to?
Old 11 May 2015, 11:13 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some of them get into it for the right reasons and are decent and sensible like our friend Felix, others do it because they want to be in a position of authority due to some sort of complex then there's the slightly educated thug squad.

Police force needs all of them unfortunately otherwise who'd deal with all the scum on the streets, although maybe there wouldn't be quite so much of it if their masters gave all of us a fairer share of the pie they protect.

Can't say I have a great deal of respect for the vast majority of them due to having spent a fair bit of time on the receiving end of their racism, during the course of which I came to the conclusion that most of them aren't too bright and quite easily overcome with a small amount of psychological stroking.
Old 11 May 2015, 01:25 PM
coupe_20vt
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix.
Is this around the time of the miners strike, and operation countryman which outed flying squad officers who were informing the underworld of imminent police raids and planting evidence on innocent people.

Stefan Kiszko who was 'fitted up' for a murder in the late 60's so the police could be seen to have a result. and served 16 years in prison.... and many many more

The 'Gene Hunt' style of policing..... is this what you want to return to?
Well said
Old 11 May 2015, 06:50 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

All coppers are w4nkers
It's actually the other way round I believe, w4nkers tend to become policemen, being one is a prerequisite for the job.

Probably bullied at school, tiny *****, small man syndrome..

Quick Reply: Police..lost all respect completely