Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Election

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2015, 06:04 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Election

How many people on this forum are really interested by the election and the media hype. Personally I can not find any party that seems to have an agenda to suit what I feel this country needs, I am so disenchanted that I doubt I will even bother to vote, Am I alone ?
Old 04 May 2015, 06:08 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I suspect it'll be a relatively weak showing. ( of punters )
Old 04 May 2015, 06:24 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

There is nothing worse than an apathetic interest in politics.
These pollie ***** will determine your future and your children's future.
It is essential that you exercise your absolute right to vote and decide who governs the UK for the next 5 years.
Don't allow the ******* that are leading all the parties to stop you from some sort of demonstration of YOUR beliefs - whatever that may be.
Old 04 May 2015, 06:34 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There's less differences than theres ever been bwteen the lot of them though

Go in blindfolded and stick a cross there, somewhere
Old 04 May 2015, 06:57 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RobJenks
It is essential that you exercise your absolute right to vote and decide who governs the UK for the next 5 years.
Don't allow the ******* that are leading all the parties to stop you from some sort of demonstration of YOUR beliefs - whatever that may be.
Exactly. Too many people expect to be spoon fed the information from the media on the parties instead of actually looking in depth and researching what each party have to offer. And what with the content spewed out by the media, because lets face it they only spew out headline grabbers to sell more paper than inform, and the party leaders are preoccupied with spouting reasons why you shouldn't vote for the other party rather than their own policies, it's no wonder people are apathetic. People should "do their own research", we say that often enough on here to others when posts are incorrect/incomplete info to support a point of view. Sure not all policies from each party will fit your criteria, but you compromise and go with the best fit that you feel that supports your political ideology that what you consider best for you and your country's future and exercise your right to vote. It's not difficult!!!
Old 04 May 2015, 08:16 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Exactly. Too many people expect to be spoon fed the information from the media on the parties instead of actually looking in depth and researching what each party have to offer. And what with the content spewed out by the media, because lets face it they only spew out headline grabbers to sell more paper than inform, and the party leaders are preoccupied with spouting reasons why you shouldn't vote for the other party rather than their own policies, it's no wonder people are apathetic. People should "do their own research", we say that often enough on here to others when posts are incorrect/incomplete info to support a point of view. Sure not all policies from each party will fit your criteria, but you compromise and go with the best fit that you feel that supports your political ideology that what you consider best for you and your country's future and exercise your right to vote. It's not difficult!!!
Hear hear!
Old 04 May 2015, 09:38 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greenonedave
How many people on this forum are really interested by the election and the media hype. Personally I can not find any party that seems to have an agenda to suit what I feel this country needs, I am so disenchanted that I doubt I will even bother to vote, Am I alone ?
Nope, sick of it, sick of them and sick of certain people on here who really think Cameron is the answer when in fact he is nothing more than the best of a very very bad bunch!

Trending Topics

Old 04 May 2015, 09:40 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

There is just one tiny flaw with your tirade.... there is no one who represents my views.

All this crap about not letting the media guide people is garbage, if you are stupid enough to do that you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a vote. The point is the parties spout lies in their manifestos and have no intention of implementing half of what they say. They know it and they know the intelligent amongst us know it, the lucky thing for them is the stupid will still fall for it and there is plenty of them!

I shall not be voting!

Last edited by f1_fan; 04 May 2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04 May 2015, 10:10 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
There is just one tiny flaw with your tirade.... there is no one who represents my views.
Then stand yourself as an Independant.

Obviously a bit late for this election, but you've now got 5 years to sort your manifesto.
Old 04 May 2015, 10:16 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

All this crap about not letting the media guide people is garbage, if you are stupid enough to do that you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a vote. The point is the parties spout lies in their manifestos and have no intention of implementing half of what they say. They know it and they know the intelligent amongst us know it, the lucky thing for them is the stupid will still fall for it and there is plenty of them!

I shall not be voting!
I think some people might vote the ones that are even a tad closer to representing their views, even if they do not represent their views completely.

The county needs a leadership. May it not be the worst one.
Old 04 May 2015, 10:20 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

I shall not be voting!
Thankfully the chance of anyone coming close to representing your views apart from you is negligible.
Old 04 May 2015, 10:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c_maguire
Thankfully the chance of anyone coming close to representing your views apart from you is negligible.
And luckily for us there is no party standing that refers to black people as spades, homosexuals as shirtlifters and women as pu55y so I guess you aren't represented either
Old 04 May 2015, 10:56 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

And luckily for us there is no party standing that refers to black people as spades, homosexuals as shirtlifters and women as pu55y so I guess you aren't represented either
Are you sure? I thought you were going to vote for them before you started back-tracking.
Old 04 May 2015, 11:12 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c_maguire
Are you sure? I thought you were going to vote for them before you started back-tracking.
Well you and thinking don't sit easily together do they as otherwise you wouldn't be such an all round bigot. Now run along and see if you can find a nice white heterosexual man to chat to as I guess there's not many people outside of someone like that that would give the time of day! Combat 18 might be a good call for you!
Old 04 May 2015, 11:29 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Hey Maguire, I've just thought, why not pop along to our meet in August? It would be good to be able to tell you what I really think of you without rules in the way.
Old 05 May 2015, 01:55 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I think some people might vote the ones that are even a tad closer to representing their views, even if they do not represent their views completely.

The county needs a leadership. May it not be the worst one.
I'd go with that! The worst thing that could happen is if everyone didn't bother voting, then we'd stuck with the status quo, or there would be no leader and parliament be dissolved. That would mean going back to a ruling monarchy, imagine that!
Old 06 May 2015, 05:34 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

I shall not be voting!

F1 if you finally get to Oz you will be required by law to vote .
Old 06 May 2015, 07:47 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

F1 if you finally get to Oz you will be required by law to vote .
Yes, but there will doubtless be something better than Cameron and Miliband to vote for. There couldn't be anything much worse.

This crap about voting for someone just because the country needs a government boils my p1ss. If you feel there is no one to vote for you shouldn't vote and shouldn't let some utter thick **** who is doubtless going to vote Tory from trying to convince you otherwise.
Old 06 May 2015, 11:13 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you'll fit right in to Australia quite nicely. Whilst they're a small minority, there are still plenty of closet racists like yourself to make you feel more at home (http://alltogethernow.org.au/racism/) so you can continue to poke fun at the ethnicity of others like the indigenous people of Australia. I say good riddance, this country would be a lot better without your type.
Old 06 May 2015, 11:16 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you'll fit right in to Australia quite nicely. Whilst they're a small minority, there are still plenty of closet racists like yourself to make you feel more at home (http://alltogethernow.org.au/racism/) so you can continue to poke fun at the ethnicity of others like the indigenous people of Australia. I say good riddance, this country would be a lot better without your type.
Oh FFS change the record you sad little man!
Old 06 May 2015, 11:25 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

I've already told you, I don't do requests, especially for your type!
Old 06 May 2015, 11:29 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Hey instead of playing the race card all the time on here why not man up and pop up to the NSR meet in September. Then we can talk about this man to man
Old 06 May 2015, 01:09 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Given what you've said in your posts in the past with regards to what you would do should we ever meet and our recent exchanges, you know that is not going to happen. I doubt it would be pleasant for either of us or for your other buddies. Thanks for your disingenuous offer, but no thanks.
Old 06 May 2015, 01:44 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Given what you've said in your posts in the past with regards to what you would do should we ever meet and our recent exchanges, you know that is not going to happen. I doubt it would be pleasant for either of us or for your other buddies. Thanks for your disingenuous offer, but no thanks.
The difference between you and me is that I'd be quite happy to meet and call you out on what I don't like about our exchanges in a rational and reasoned discussion. You on the other hand would rather only do it from behind a keyboard. That says it all... case closed!
Old 06 May 2015, 02:11 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

The difference between you and me is that I'd be quite happy to meet and call you out on what I don't like about our exchanges in a rational and reasoned discussion. You on the other hand would rather only do it from behind a keyboard. That says it all... case closed!
Rational and reasonable isn't in your vocabulary. I've tried that with you in the past but all I get back is more abuse or Tory boy etc, and your latest ethinic slurs. I've dealt with your type before many years ago, it's not something I wish to entertain again. That's why I don't engage with you any more unless you call me out/stalk me.
Old 06 May 2015, 02:31 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Rational and reasonable isn't in your vocabulary. I've tried that with you in the past but all I get back is more abuse or Tory boy etc, and your latest ethinic slurs. I've dealt with your type before many years ago, it's not something I wish to entertain again. That's why I don't engage with you any more unless you call me out/stalk me.
You really are one sad individual. Too scared to face up to me in person but happy to make racist accusations from behind your keyboard. Ah well you'll get what you deserve one day. Karma will see to that!

Oh and it's ethnic with one 'i' for future reference!
Old 06 May 2015, 02:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Yeah okay whatever big guy.
Old 06 May 2015, 05:30 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Well this evening out seems like it is gong to be such a fun event what with all the name calling and threats going on here. It's no wonder some don't want to attend.

FFS grow up will you.
Old 06 May 2015, 06:06 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Why do F1s threads always degenerate into name calling and insults? I know I've been guilty in the past but jeez its pretty much every thread he's on these days

F1, sort yourself out
Old 06 May 2015, 06:32 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Why do F1s threads always degenerate into name calling and insults? I know I've been guilty in the past but jeez its pretty much every thread he's on these days

F1, sort yourself out
He's got 'Little Man Syndrome'.

Quick Reply: Election