Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How not to conduct an interview

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2015, 01:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default How not to conduct an interview

The interview is to promote the movie not psycho-analyse or look for faults in RDJ, talk about going off topic, what a ****!! I see parallels of this in NSR too.

Old 23 April 2015, 01:54 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interviewer has a history of being a tit too. Richard Aoyade (sp) took him down a while back while Tarantino upped and left in a blaze too.
Old 23 April 2015, 02:01 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a **** indeed. RDJ that is. They (actors, singers, celebrities etc) crave publicity and exposure for self promotion and financial so have to expect scrutiny. Good on Krishnan for persevering with searching questions. If these people want to be in the public eye they have to expect difficult questions and answer them.
Old 23 April 2015, 03:02 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Maz
What a **** indeed. RDJ that is. They (actors, singers, celebrities etc) crave publicity and exposure for self promotion and financial so have to expect scrutiny. Good on Krishnan for persevering with searching questions. If these people want to be in the public eye they have to expect difficult questions and answer them.
Why? I agree that if you do something in your past and you are in the public, then you have to take the rough with the smooth, but he was there to promote a movie, not answer questions he has answered before.

I thought the interviewer was a ****. He asked the questions, fair enough, it was clear RDJ didn't want to answer them and gave his reasons why, he persevered, so he left.
Old 23 April 2015, 03:03 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
If a window cleaner is booked to come do your windows, he doesn't expect to have his past ripped open? in the same way RDJ wasnt expecting to discuss anything other than the new movie, which he's probably had to do 10 times that day.
If we want to know his and other stars' past, wikipedia.

Last edited by brendy76; 23 April 2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 23 April 2015, 03:19 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Spot on RDJ has been and is a t1t! Let's move on
Old 23 April 2015, 03:32 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by brendy76
If a window cleaner is booked to come do your windows, he doesn't expect to have his past ripped open? in the same way RDJ wasnt expecting to discuss anything other than the new movie, which he's probably had to do 10 times that day.
If we want to know his and other stars' past, wikipedia.
I bet most window cleaners would happily sit down and have a chin wag in lieu of washing windows. Becoming uppity and precious seems a favoured reaction by some 'stars' when an interviewer deviates from the script.
I think Frank Skinner had it right when he had guests on his show. A giant plug would be dangled down from the ceiling when the guest would mention their latest film or book.

Trending Topics

Old 23 April 2015, 03:33 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Spot on RDJ has been and is a t1t! Let's move on
Come back Dennis Pennis all is forgiven.
Old 23 April 2015, 04:01 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
I bet most window cleaners would happily sit down and have a chin wag in lieu of washing windows. Becoming uppity and precious seems a favoured reaction by some 'stars' when an interviewer deviates from the script.
I think Frank Skinner had it right when he had guests on his show. A giant plug would be dangled down from the ceiling when the guest would mention their latest film or book.
Fair enough if the interview was to discuss his career, his past, etc, but it wasn't. Sure RDJ can be a **** and sometimes comes across as arrogant, but that still doesn't mean the interviewer can trawl through his past to dig some dirt, that wasn't the purpose of the interview, the brief for both the interviewer and the interviewee was to plug the new film.
Old 23 April 2015, 04:04 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brendy76
Interviewer has a history of being a tit too. Richard Aoyade (sp) took him down a while back while Tarantino upped and left in a blaze too.
"I'm shutting your butt down!"
Old 23 April 2015, 04:08 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

"Don't thank me, I've done nothing for you!"
Old 23 April 2015, 04:09 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
yea his finishing comments made me giggle too.