Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

TV debate

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2015, 02:26 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts
Default TV debate

So, judging by the stats Cameron is dodging the TV debates like a good un.

Party Seats
Conservative 303
Labour 257
Liberal Democrat 56
Democratic Unionist 8
Scottish National 6
Sinn Fein 5
Independent 3
Plaid Cymru 3
Social Democratic & Labour Party 3
UK Independence Party 2
Alliance 1
Green 1
Respect 1
Speaker 1
Total number of seats 650

Pretty poor excuse by cameron given, but that said UKIP shouldn't be there either, even sinn fein has more MP's
Old 14 January 2015, 03:08 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cameron knows he'll get torn to shreds by Farage which is why he's scared to agree to any debate! He's obviously seen him wipe the floor with Clegg and knows he'll end up the same way.

The 'first past the post' political system in the UK is a pretty unfair system and makes it look like a political cartel in Westminster for the traditional established parties - looking at the number of seats held isn't really helpful.

If you look at the 3 largest parties in the UK by voting intention it's;

- Labour
- Conversative
- UKIP

Their leaders should be required to engage in a cross party debate in my opinion, along with those from smaller parties like Greens and Lib Dems.

Last edited by Petem95; 14 January 2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 14 January 2015, 05:01 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Al Murray, the Pub Landlord, is also campaigning. He'd certainly make a debate slightly less dull.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gene...el-Farage.html
Old 14 January 2015, 05:37 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

And Bez!!

Being honest, I've head all the same rhetoric diatribe from the main three and UKIP, its just going to be same squabbling and bullshyte that they dish out through the year. I think it should only be fair that the other parties be given a chance of debate.

UKIP is still a very minority party.
Old 14 January 2015, 05:54 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

If a debate occurs it should just be Conservative and Labour, they are by some margin the only parties with a look-in for an outright majority and are the only parties that have a chance of carrying out their manifestos in full.
As such they can be legitimately held to task over those manifestos.

All other parties have direct relevance only as part of a coalition, as such their manifestos are of dubious merit.
Old 14 January 2015, 06:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Clearly UKIP are the third biggest party in the UK right now in at least some respects and therefore should be included in any TV debate and at the expense of the Lib Dems if necessary.

Cameron is just running scared, it's as simple as that and if anyone thinks different they are deluded.

Hope they go ahead with an empty chair where the cowardly little weasel should be or a tub of lard like on HIGNFY
Old 14 January 2015, 06:36 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Cameron's not doing himself any favours,to be honest I don't think he's bothered because the conservatives will win the next election,i don't think there is any other party in it to be honest ........

Trending Topics

Old 14 January 2015, 06:47 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Clearly UKIP are the third biggest party in the UK right now in at least some respects and therefore should be included in any TV debate and at the expense of the Lib Dems if necessary.

Cameron is just running scared, it's as simple as that and if anyone thinks different they are deluded.

Hope they go ahead with an empty chair where the cowardly little weasel should be or a tub of lard like on HIGNFY
I think he is doing a calculation based on the "least worst" option

But as suggested I wonder if the calculation would change if their was going to be an empty chair
Old 14 January 2015, 06:49 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Cameron's not doing himself any favours,to be honest I don't think he's bothered because the conservatives will win the next election,i don't think there is any other party in it to be honest ........
Not a chance. It will be a hung parliament and will be an absolute nightmare few weeks after the election trying to form a government. It will make 2010 look like a walk in the park. My prediction for the year is that by Christmas 2015 neither Cameron, Miliband or Clegg will be leading their parties.
Old 14 January 2015, 07:21 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Not a chance. It will be a hung parliament and will be an absolute nightmare few weeks after the election trying to form a government. It will make 2010 look like a walk in the park. My prediction for the year is that by Christmas 2015 neither Cameron, Miliband or Clegg will be leading their parties.

I think this and I think it will be UKip which is picking a party to team up with as the libdems have totally shot themselves in the foot with their first so called attempt at helping run the country.
Old 14 January 2015, 07:35 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Aye, spent too much time promising the moon, knowing they would never have to deliver...and suddenly, there they are...liars.
Old 14 January 2015, 08:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
I think this and I think it will be UKip which is picking a party to team up with as the libdems have totally shot themselves in the foot with their first so called attempt at helping run the country.
Yep, 100% agree and that is why Cameron will have to go.
Old 15 January 2015, 11:23 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Personally I don't agree with these televised political debate and the Americanisation of British politics and "X factor" style of engaging with the electorate. I don't think they add anything to election an doubt that it would affect the decision of who the electorate will vote for.
Old 16 January 2015, 12:19 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the end of Cameron the chicken
He is at the moment the leader of the Goverment yet wont go on a debate
Its political suicicde for him
He is a good speaker
Trouble is he has failed to deliver the goods
1.5 trillion in debt and is one if the most hated PMs we have had

Nigel would wipe the floor with Cameron
Old 16 January 2015, 12:20 AM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Labour is finished in Scotland after the antics in September, 45% of Scotland has a longer memory than 8 months. They have lost my vote. SNP might have a say on how the UK is run how ironic.
Old 16 January 2015, 12:42 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daviee
Labour is finished in Scotland after the antics in September, 45% of Scotland has a longer memory than 8 months. They have lost my vote. SNP might have a say on how the UK is run how ironic.
And rather funny when you think about it
Old 16 January 2015, 01:03 AM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Tory fail propaganda at its best, Cringe-worthy vote winning, take off your tie and suit jacket and you are a caring individual clinging on to your salary over inflated pension and expenses, o how far they are from reality i was blushing watching this.

Last edited by daviee; 16 January 2015 at 02:07 AM.
Old 16 January 2015, 01:38 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hence, Salmond running to be an MP?

But the Tories could solve the so-called "West Lothian Question" now...they said they would after September...and haven't done anything yet.

Soon it will be "too late, there's an election".

UKIP wants to start banging on about that too.....there are those out there who feel betrayed..
Old 16 January 2015, 10:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Tory fail propaganda at its best, Cringe-worthy vote winning, take off your tie and suit jacket and you are a caring individual clinging on to your salary over inflated pension and expenses, o how far they are from reality i was blushing watching this.

Tories try to take over a ward and fail - YouTube
That is utterly embarrassing, how can anyone in their right mind vote for this utter w4nker?

As for the TV debates I think they are a great idea and I suspect the only people who don't are small minded little Tories..... as witnessed on this thread!
Old 16 January 2015, 11:19 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Tories try to take over a ward and fail - YouTube
I don't get it, that doctor clearly has something up his ****.
The flim crew don't need to have short sleeves and no tie plus doctors can often be found in their suit on a walk round.

Let's not get silly trying to make them look like *****, they do plenty of stupid stuff worthy of ridicule and this isn't one. Its hard to know who to listen to when everyone is being bitchy.
Old 16 January 2015, 11:28 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

That is utterly embarrassing, how can anyone in their right mind vote for this utter w4nker?

As for the TV debates I think they are a great idea and I suspect the only people who don't are small minded little Tories..... as witnessed on this thread!
Quite ironic then that the last electoral leaders debate in 2010 you stated they were contrived and quite happy to miss them.
Old 16 January 2015, 11:39 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carnut
The flim crew don't need to have short sleeves and no tie plus doctors can often be found in their suit on a walk round.

Let's not get silly trying to make them look like *****, they do plenty of stupid stuff worthy of ridicule and this isn't one. Its hard to know who to listen to when everyone is being bitchy.
Cameron and Clegg were both **** heads thinking they could just stroll in with a camera crew into a ward full of sick people with no thought to hygiene protocols.
Old 16 January 2015, 11:42 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

The thing up his **** is that the NHS will be no more in the next 10 years. Cameron and his cronies probably left a meeting sealing the fate of the NHS then took off ties and jackets to feel they are at one with the public and patient's i.e. dressing down to their level FFS laughing assassins. Do you get it now ?.
Old 16 January 2015, 11:58 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

The thing up his **** is that the NHS will be no more in the next 10 years. Cameron and his cronies probably left a meeting sealing the fate of the NHS then took off ties and jackets to feel they are at one with the public and patient's i.e. dressing down to their level FFS laughing assassins. Do you get it now ?.
Cameron was asked to dress down by the hospital as can be see in the vid.
And yes, i suspect the doctor was acting the way he was because of much deeper issues but this is my point, making a fool of himself doesn't do anything for his argument.
Old 17 January 2015, 01:02 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Quite ironic then that the last electoral leaders debate in 2010 you stated they were contrived and quite happy to miss them.
And the difference this time is..... there is going to be someone other than three absolute bell ends of greedy gravy train riding lying cheating scumbag career politicians in the debate... which ironically is why Cameron was happy to take part last time as opposed to this time. So shove your facepalm icon where the sun don't shine
Old 17 January 2015, 01:47 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Cameron and Clegg were both **** heads thinking they could just stroll in with a camera crew into a ward full of sick people with no thought to hygiene protocols.
They did follow hygiene protocols, some of the others may be questionable but doctors themselves including nurses can be found not doing so in any hospital, on any day.

People go to visit relatives and friends with coats on and bags of food and drink every day, it's the hospital STAFF that need to follow protocols, but despite that the hospital asked Cameron if he could fall in line with protocol, ie roll sleeves etc and he did so.

I hate to be the one defending these people and it's not what i want to do but i would like us, the public to have a better class approach than them and take moral high grounds, not just say petty ****.
We say how they aren't in touch with the real world and have no real understanding of what goes on in real life so they go out there to see first hand how people are doing in hospitals and to ask their opinions and we then tell them to go back where they came from.

What will it be, you can't have it both ways.

Oh, and on a side note, there not privateising the NHS or selling it off, they use tenders and contracts, it's not the same thing.

Last edited by Carnut; 17 January 2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 17 January 2015, 09:18 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

And the difference this time is..... there is going to be someone other than three absolute bell ends of greedy gravy train riding lying cheating scumbag career politicians in the debate... which ironically is why Cameron was happy to take part last time as opposed to this time. So shove your facepalm icon where the sun don't shine
No, there's still only three absolute bell ends of greedy gravy train riding lying cheating scumbag career politicians in the debate and you want to watch a fourth one. and have a facepalm at your failed cheap shot!
Old 17 January 2015, 09:37 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

No, there's still only three absolute bell ends of greedy gravy train riding lying cheating scumbag career politicians in the debate and you want to watch a fourth one. and have a facepalm at your failed cheap shot!
No, you had a go, I put you right. That is all.

It is my considered opinion that UKIP are shaking up UK politics and bringing something more honest to the table if nothing else and I am keen to see how the three main party leaders deal with that. You may have a different opinion (and almost definitely will have - see below), but that does not make what I wrote 'a cheap shot'

To be absolutely clear you and I are polar opposites and I don't like you one iota. I have said before I often liken this place to a pub and like a pub it is full of different people. Some you get on with, some you are indifferent to and some just annoy the absolute f**k out of you with what they say, believe and feel it necessary to inform everyone of.

You are the latter and I am not going to try and score points or make cheap shots with someone like that, but I am going to state when I think what they say (or write in this case) is complete horsesh1t.

Hope that is clear enough for you.

If you are going to respond in the same vein then save it as a) I couldn't care less and b) Great news
Old 17 January 2015, 09:39 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

They did follow hygiene protocols, some of the others may be questionable but doctors themselves including nurses can be found not doing so in any hospital, on any day.

People go to visit relatives and friends with coats on and bags of food and drink every day, it's the hospital STAFF that need to follow protocols, but despite that the hospital asked Cameron if he could fall in line with protocol, ie roll sleeves etc and he did so.

I hate to be the one defending these people and it's not what i want to do but i would like us, the public to have a better class approach than them and take moral high grounds, not just say petty ****.
We say how they aren't in touch with the real world and have no real understanding of what goes on in real life so they go out there to see first hand how people are doing in hospitals and to ask their opinions and we then tell them to go back where they came from.

What will it be, you can't have it both ways.

Oh, and on a side note, there not privateising the NHS or selling it off, they use tenders and contracts, it's not the same thing.
Yes, Cameron and Clegg did follow hygiene procedures, it was the camera crew they dragged in who didn't. I agree with what you say with regards to how we view our politicians, but it is difficult when they do themselves no favours with their profligacy which when they "connect with the people" it somehow seems a little disingenuous.
Old 17 January 2015, 10:02 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

No, you had a go, I put you right. That is all.

It is my considered opinion that UKIP are shaking up UK politics and bringing something more honest to the table if nothing else and I am keen to see how the three main party leaders deal with that. You may have a different opinion (and almost definitely will have - see below), but that does not make what I wrote 'a cheap shot'

To be absolutely clear you and I are polar opposites and I don't like you one iota. I have said before I often liken this place to a pub and like a pub it is full of different people. Some you get on with, some you are indifferent to and some just annoy the absolute f**k out of you with what they say, believe and feel it necessary to inform everyone of.

You are the latter and I am not going to try and score points or make cheap shots with someone like that, but I am going to state when I think what they say (or write in this case) is complete horsesh1t.

Hope that is clear enough for you.

If you are going to respond in the same vein then save it as a) I couldn't care less and b) Great news
But you did, your cheap shot I was referring to was your last sentence in your post #19, just after a few posts earlier when I posted my views with regards to these TV debates. So if you believe that those who don't like these TV debates are small minded, then I agree that you were in 2010, only I'd argue that you still are to this day. Hope that is clear enough for you.

I'm not so vain as to make comparisons of myself with other forum members, it makes no difference to me whether you like me or not or what you think of me, it's an internet forum! But if what I say annoys the absolute f**k out of you, I guess I can live with that and still be happy.

With regards to Farage, for what it's worth, I agree with you in that he is shaking up British politics, but he is not bringing in anything remotely honest other than xenophobia, he is still a bell end of greedy gravy train riding lying cheating scumbag career politician.

Last edited by jonc; 17 January 2015 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: TV debate