Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dewani case starts today

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2014, 04:58 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dewani case starts today

I'm morbidly fascinated by this case in a way that I wasn't really with the Pistorius saga.

It's not being broadcast live though.
Old 06 October 2014, 05:32 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a compelling one isn't it Ding? I personally think he's guilty as sin, I think his mental issues argument was just a ruse.
Old 06 October 2014, 05:45 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

According to the Internet news he has told the judge that he's a Bi. I wonder if that goes in his favour or against. I understand that his sexuality may not have any bearing on proving whether he hired the murderers, but then again, it may do. What if he got her killed because she wouldn't have that and would have told his family? Or, he might have had an extra-marital affair with a bloke or another girl? Or, perhaps he's completely innocent?

According to a TV programme, the girl's parents and sister suspected some vague disturbance before and just after marriage; based upon what she said to them. The boy and the girl apparently dated before marriage, and broke up once, but then got back together. It doesn't sound like a pressured, arranged Indian marriage alliance. May be the boy was presenting obscure behaviours that unsettled her hence the break before marrying the guy. Then he got her under his influence again, and eventually got her killed because she came to know the truth about his Bi-ism.

Marriage may not have been a pressured and an arranged one, but generally, for a person to be revealed as a bisexual one to his Indian family is a big, big deal. Bisexuality and homosexuality are not done things in Indians. Not publicly, anyway.

We shall see.
Old 06 October 2014, 05:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
This is a compelling one isn't it Ding? I personally think he's guilty as sin, I think his mental issues argument was just a ruse.
His PTSD argument is deffo a getting-out plan. Just because he developed PTSD it doesn't mean he didn't commit the crime.

Some soldiers that bomb their enemies end up with PTSD. Their PTSD development doesn't mean that they didn't bomb their opponents.

In Dewani's case, the murderers have accused him of hiring them for the dirty deed. One of them has been in jail for a while, whereas another one got away, I think. Let's see if there's more to it, or if that's it, then let's see if the judge takes it as enough to put Dewani in with the murderer.
Old 06 October 2014, 05:58 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Looks guilty to me.
Old 06 October 2014, 06:01 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I think it's a ploy that some criminals use to evade justice. I recall some Irish big wig releases early on grounds of mental health. This bloke who was so mentally ill he needed care was witnessed dancing on tables a week after release.
Old 06 October 2014, 06:06 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I reckon he has come out as a bisexual himself now, because he might as well tell that to the judge before anyone else does. Otherwise he could get into a pickle as a liar. He'll do anything to avoid jail sentence.

Trending Topics

Old 06 October 2014, 07:22 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

I sentence him GUILTY in the scoobynet kangaroo court ...
Old 06 October 2014, 07:24 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

There is a German male prostitute who is prepared to swear that Dewani hired him three times for gay sadomachistic sex. I think there a few other blokes also prepared to testify that he had gay sex with them.

It's not a crime to be gay/bi but if he is caught lying on this matter nothing else he says will be believed.So he has no choice but to fess up.

It's a fascinating story to watch unfold.

As for his PTSD, if I'd had my wife brutally murdered on our honeymoon and was looking at the prospect of a lifetime in a SA prison, I'd be pretty depressed as well.

At least if he is found guilty he'll never have to pay for gay S and M sex again, he'll get it for free!
Old 06 October 2014, 07:42 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Evil gay murdering b,astard. Lock him up. He can share a cell with OJ Pistorius.

dl
Old 06 October 2014, 07:50 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Maz
I think it's a ploy that some criminals use to evade justice. I recall some Irish big wig releases early on grounds of mental health. This bloke who was so mentally ill he needed care was witnessed dancing on tables a week after release.
Ernest Saunders was sentenced to five years' imprisonment for fraud in relation to the Guinness trial, but released after 10 months as he was believed to be suffering from Alzheimer's disease, which is incurable. He subsequently made a full recovery

a medical miracle

and I am led to believe, on the eve of his release he was seen vigorously dancing on the tables of a swanky restaurant in Kensington High Street

his complete recovery, was almost instantaneous

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 06 October 2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06 October 2014, 08:26 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

also the media interest is partly due to the fact that Anni looked completely stunning
Old 06 October 2014, 09:38 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Ernest Saunders was sentenced to five years' imprisonment for fraud in relation to the Guinness trial, but released after 10 months as he was believed to be suffering from Alzheimer's disease, which is incurable. He subsequently made a full recovery

a medical miracle

and I am led to believe, on the eve of his release he was seen vigorously dancing on the tables of a swanky restaurant in Kensington High Street

his complete recovery, was almost instantaneous
That's the one. A medical miracle it certainly was.
Old 07 October 2014, 12:38 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
There is a German male prostitute who is prepared to swear that Dewani hired him three times for gay sadomachistic sex. I think there a few other blokes also prepared to testify that he had gay sex with them.

It's not a crime to be gay/bi but if he is caught lying on this matter nothing else he says will be believed.So he has no choice but to fess up.
Yeah, I read about that German male prostitute a while ago. Apparently Dewani rubbished that to the media, then. But yes, if he and some others come and testify this in court, then he will get into a serious pickle, as I said.

As for his PTSD, if I'd had my wife brutally murdered on our honeymoon and was looking at the prospect of a lifetime in a SA prison, I'd be pretty depressed as well.
Sure, but even if one is a partner in crime, he/she may be still traumatised with his own doing to the level of developing full blown PTSD, and of course, looking at the prospect of a lifetime in a SA prison. Oscar Pistorius had it written all over his face how dreaded he was of his future in SA prison. Dewani's PTSD development shouldn't really eliminate him from the crime. It has helped him to delay the court proceeding in SA, but let's see what happens now. His mental vulnerability may mean that he gets a kinder sentence; that's if he gets one. It depends upon how evidently his involvement in the murder can be proven and how the judge sees it. Certainly not on how gay or bi he is, I agree.

At least if he is found guilty he'll never have to pay for gay S and M sex again, he'll get it for free!
Hm, there's a thought for sure.
Old 07 October 2014, 07:02 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Norway has some of the worlds nicest jails, should have planned his honeymoon there.
Old 07 October 2014, 11:35 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Several years trying to prove he was/wasn't mad. pistorius only neeeded 3 weeks

I'd imagine judge would take this evasion into account
Old 08 October 2014, 11:15 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

There was a good documentary on this last year and showed some serious wrongdoings and dodgy deals with potentially guilty people being let off.
The SA police didn't come out well, a guilty verdict would certainly be very "convenient" for them.
Old 08 October 2014, 01:33 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

It's not a crime to be gay/bi
Come to terms with it now have you?
Old 08 October 2014, 09:38 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

If the murder wasn't planned, why was Anni killed and Shrien released by the carjackers? After all, he could identify the men who kidnapped Anni.
Old 08 October 2014, 11:05 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
If the murder wasn't planned, why was Anni killed and Shrien released by the carjackers?
Yes, the incident smells fishy as a stinky fish for sure.

After all, he could identify the men who kidnapped Anni.
Even if he had identified the ones who seized Anni and booted him and the driver out of the car, they could have still said that he was the mastermind behind it- which they did. Now it's up to court to get to the bottom of it for further action.

I read up a bit tonight what the convicted ones said in the court. They were quite detailed with how the murder plan came about. Phone calls, texts and other communication can be looked at to establish if Dewani was behind it.

Personally, I think he's guilty. He got her killed for he didn't want to get found out as gay/bi by his family. The German Master will be informing the court of this fear of his, I think. Looking at the case with what we're reading, we can trap him prim and proper. For court, let's see what happens there with what they consider as a reliable evidence.

There was another conviction for an Indian bloke earlier this year who killed his wife because he didn't want to be found out as gay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-26937466

Last edited by Turbohot; 08 October 2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08 October 2014, 11:56 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
He got her killed for he didn't want to get found out as gay/bi by his family. ]
You may well be right, he obviously can't control himself.

Extract from a newspaper :- "Shrien Dewani surfed a gay fetish hook-up website the day after his murdered wife's body was found on their honeymoon, court documents revealed today. In a series of dramatic admissions, the millionaire businessman said he accessed homosexual sites in the days before and after the death of Anni Dewani which he is accused of orchestrating".
Old 09 October 2014, 12:33 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

You may well be right, he obviously can't control himself.

Extract from a newspaper :- "Shrien Dewani surfed a gay fetish hook-up website the day after his murdered wife's body was found on their honeymoon, court documents revealed today. In a series of dramatic admissions, the millionaire businessman said he accessed homosexual sites in the days before and after the death of Anni Dewani which he is accused of orchestrating".
Yes, it was on Sky news tonight as well that the court heard about him accessing the gay
sites just the day after his wife's murder and just days before.

I don't think he was a bi. I read that they broke up not just once but twice before their marriage because he wouldn't respond to Anni's intimate advances. She obviously felt rejected and broke up with him. But the predator was aware of her vulnerability for him, so he got her back to marry and keep appearances for the family/community. Apparently he pushed her away at the night of their wedding as well. So I think he was actually gay, not a bi. I read that Anni informed of these experiences to one of her relatives or a friend. I do hope that person tells that to the court.

If he was behind the murder (which I think he was), what a shame that someone's innocent daughter became his victim and what a shame that he couldn't be a gay openly to the world rather than living a lie. If If he could be, then poor Anni would still be alive. A beautiful and intelligent girl like her could have easily found a straight guy to marry, and Dewani could have easily been in same sex relationships with male prostitutes or whatever. So sad for the girl and her family.
Old 09 October 2014, 03:36 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Yes, what on earth could she have seen in the multi millionaire business man Mr Dewani

People do things for ALL sorts of reasons
Old 09 October 2014, 06:51 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

It's amazing the kind of choices apparently intelligent people make. As difficult as it would be for some gay asian men to come out with the perceived 'family shame' etc at what point does somebody think the better option is to pay a taxi driver to brutally murder your bride on your honeymoon???
Old 09 October 2014, 12:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe the cape town honeymoon idea wasn't last minute. com
Old 09 October 2014, 03:02 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

So I think he was actually gay, not a bi.
You may be right on that too, as if he was trying to distance himself from being fully gay.

Another thing I don't get is what the other accused men hope to gain by implicating Dewani in the murder plot. Would the courts deal more favourably with them if they were coerced into murdering someone? Possibly. Then again, if they were found to be lying to implicate an innocent man into the plot would that not make their crime even worse?
Old 09 October 2014, 03:31 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

You may be right on that too, as if he was trying to distance himself from being fully gay.
Ah the Tom Daley tactic?
Old 09 October 2014, 05:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Yes, what on earth could she have seen in the multi millionaire business man Mr Dewani

People do things for ALL sorts of reasons
Well, he wasn't/isn't exactly ugly himself. Other than that, a lot of marriages take place and sustain for money and money alone- no love included. More so in certain cultures where some stunners end up with complete fuglies for the sake of money. At least he wasn't/isn't a pizza face to look at. They actually looked quite good as a couple.

Anni didn't exactly come from some financially desperate background, but he was a filthy rich man, not just rich, so that also must have added to his CV. Shame he was a coward about his sexuality.

It's amazing the kind of choices apparently intelligent people make. As difficult as it would be for some gay asian men to come out with the perceived 'family shame' etc at what point does somebody think the better option is to pay a taxi driver to brutally murder your bride on your honeymoon???
Yep, the German Master said somewhere that Dewani sounded well educated. I can believe that, because he doesn't look thick by his face. Mind you, the so-called 'education' and intelligence are two different things.

I think when one desperately wants out and nip the noise in the bud, one would do anything. Look at that other well educated and well-off man who killed his wife and hid her dead body in the incinerator. He would have been at a similar point to do what he did. Otherwise, who in right mind does that??

You can see that Dewani's staging wasn't all that bad. With Dewani off the Gaydar and under the radar the law court is now compelled to spend so much time and effort into looking at allsorts before it can be established that he's guilty. I just read that Dewani's lawyer made the convicted killer admit in the court that he lied under the oath previously, which goes in Dewani's favour.

SA was the ideal place for Dewani's plot; country with the reputation of mugging/killing/hijacking incidences on daily basis; a country where you can hire a killer for under a grand. Perhaps that's what he thought with his educated brain, which is now believed to be post-traumatised.

About his private life as well, it makes one think that at what point one thinks that he needs to be sexed with being called a p**** and other racial names? I'm aware of the fact that some people love being degraded and being leathered during sex, because it turns them on. But being called racist names whilst being knocked about during sex is not that much heard of either; in such field.

In summary, people's brains work differently.
Old 09 October 2014, 05:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Another thing I don't get is what the other accused men hope to gain by implicating Dewani in the murder plot. Would the courts deal more favourably with them if they were coerced into murdering someone? Possibly. Then again, if they were found to be lying to implicate an innocent man into the plot would that not make their crime even worse?
Thing is, one of the convicted ones has admitted that he lied under the oath before. He said to the court that his lawyer told him to do so. The lie was that he pleaded not guilty. Fact is that this happens all the time in British courts. People plead 'not guilty' before, and when they know that they can't escape the sentence, they plead guilty to get their sentence reduced. I'm not sure how the SA court would look at that. I think with him changing his 'not guilty' to 'guilty' previously, the court may have to rely less on what he's babbling about and look for harder evidences against Dewani.
Old 09 October 2014, 07:41 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Well, he wasn't/isn't exactly ugly himself. Other than that, a lot of marriages take place and sustain for money and money alone- no love included. More so in certain cultures where some stunners end up with complete fuglies for the sake of money. At least he wasn't/isn't a pizza face to look at. They actually looked quite good as a couple.

Anni didn't exactly come from some financially desperate background, but he was a filthy rich man, not just rich, so that also must have added to his CV. Shame he was a coward about his sexuality.

D
The money comment was a flippant one tbh

The point I was making is that I have been around couples long enough to know that couples sometimes stay together/attracted to each other for very personal and complicated reasons

Often I have said to my wife, on the drive home from a dinner party "why on earth is <insert name> with that **** <insert name>

The fact is that sometimes <insert name> actually likes the way the are treated, i.e belittled, shouted at, controlled, told what to do or wear etc etc maybe because they have low self esteem and self confidence

<insert name> can be either sex, I make no distinction

Maybe Anni knew he was gay and enjoyed the dynamic -who knows, people are strange creatures

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 09 October 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Dewani case starts today