Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Argos poor service

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2014, 06:13 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Argos poor service

I've been a good customer of argos for years always bought from them, as if anything was ever wrong with items i bought, they would exchange item with no problems.

Recently i returned a Tv due to a fault, i took TV in explained the problem and was told i'd have to wait upto 30 days, as they were going to send off for repairs

I asked what would i do for a tv? They said they couldn't help. When i got home contacted Argos further, spent over half an hour speaking to customer service, told me go around a friends house lol

I'm shocked at this poor service and won't be shopping at Argos from now on, spent £1000's over the years from there.
Old 30 September 2014, 06:28 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

do you have any friends though?
Old 30 September 2014, 06:32 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Argos are terrible. Terrible quality, terrible service.
Old 30 September 2014, 06:41 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

They use to be really good what happened.
Old 30 September 2014, 07:45 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

They had to cut back as everyone was nicking their pens.
Old 30 September 2014, 08:01 PM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

How old was the TV?

Sorry, I fail to see what they have done wrong here? Guidelines for return or repair will be set from the manufacturers. Should they just give you a new TV even though your old one can be fixed?

It's a different story, had you just bought it and wanted to return it but if it was outwith it's guarantee then what would you have expected them to do?

I have found Argos to be very good with returns.
Old 30 September 2014, 08:36 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Its over 6 months old, how many people would be happy with no tv for 4 weeks, i've just never known a company to do this.

The fault started not long after purchase but i was hoping it would clear up, or maybe i'd set the setting wrong, i'm not one of these people that just returns things because a tiny scratch, i know people who do that lol

But it got worse, its finding time to get it down there aswell.

They kept on explaining its not an essential piece of equipment, so they have my money and my TV and what do i have nothing. So my options are to buy a new tv or wait

Trending Topics

Old 30 September 2014, 09:09 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 6 months I can't see any retailer wanting to be helpful to be honest. 6 months is taking the mick. If anything you need to get in touch with the manufacture as it'll have 1 years warranty on it.
Old 30 September 2014, 09:13 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't get any better service from Currys, John Lewis, Tescos. If it goes faulty in the first 4-weeks you can usually ask for it to be replaced but after that it is a repair. They have to say 30-days to cover their backside but quite often it may be back sooner. If it's not back after 30-days you can demand a replacement and the warranty clock starts from new
Old 30 September 2014, 09:16 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

You can return to store within one year.

To be honest i've not paid all this money for a TV that is not fit for purpose TV's should last longer than 7 months. Argos sold it, why should i waste my time running around after supplier. The law states i can take it back to store.

On the gov website it even says about returning items after 6 years lol

I checked on website and there have been a number of complaints about the same fault, so it seems common.
Old 30 September 2014, 09:18 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I think on martin money maker, he said its different laws for online purchases, think its easier to return things and i think your more covered
Old 30 September 2014, 09:19 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
I've been a good customer of argos for years always bought from them, as if anything was ever wrong with items i bought, they would exchange item with no problems.

Recently i returned a Tv due to a fault, i took TV in explained the problem and was told i'd have to wait upto 30 days, as they were going to send off for repairs

I asked what would i do for a tv? They said they couldn't help. When i got home contacted Argos further, spent over half an hour speaking to customer service, told me go around a friends house lol

I'm shocked at this poor service and won't be shopping at Argos from now on, spent £1000's over the years from there.
Was this meant to be an email to customer relations at argos and somehow found it's way to snet?
Old 30 September 2014, 09:21 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Correct
Old 30 September 2014, 09:21 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Its over 6 months old, how many people would be happy with no tv for 4 weeks, i've just never known a company to do this.

The fault started not long after purchase but i was hoping it would clear up, or maybe i'd set the setting wrong, i'm not one of these people that just returns things because a tiny scratch, i know people who do that lol

But it got worse, its finding time to get it down there aswell.

They kept on explaining its not an essential piece of equipment, so they have my money and my TV and what do i have nothing. So my options are to buy a new tv or wait

Really?? Read a book, **** the mrs, surf the net or knock one out (the last two can be combined quite effectively).

It's only four weeks ffs.
Old 30 September 2014, 09:33 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

I've got a couple of CRT jobbies if you're stuck.
Old 30 September 2014, 10:04 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Should of bought from richer sounds. Our tv was 3yrs into a 5yr warranty.

We got a replacement tv while ours was in for repair
Old 30 September 2014, 11:13 PM
Lisawrx

I really think it often depends who happens to deal with a problem, as to how satisfactory the outcome is, regardless of company policy.

Without going into all the boring details, I'd bought a TV from Argos (but the clearance store), it was brand new, just presumably a discontinued item, they still hadn't got rid of in their normal stores.

The warranty was for 2 years and it went **** up after 2 and a half. I had nothing to lose by contacting them, and whilst it took a bit of arguing and stating various 'sale of goods' points, and hoping they'd show some goodwill, they backed down and replaced it like for like (not to the exact value, which is sort of fair enough). One thing worth noting, for all I stood firm, I was never rude or overly demanding, not that I'm saying you were anything like that.

Sadly, the replacement only lasted a couple of days, so that went back and in fairness to them, they replaced that and we ended up with a Samsung, as it was the nearest they had price/spec wise.
Old 01 October 2014, 07:56 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Not sure if it's any help but I have a spare 32" TV?
Old 01 October 2014, 08:17 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

'The laminated book of dreeeeeams'
Old 01 October 2014, 03:31 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yes i was polite but stated my point, as i'm only taking to an employ not one of the share holders.

On the Gov website Lisa it says about upto 6 years for returning items, so its worth keeping in mind, if you don't mind spend a few hours of you time nagging them, beats forking out for a new tv

I've now borrowed a TV but its still not the point, i shouldn't have to be with out a TV, if i'd bought a car i would expect a replacement or a loan, not to be told i will get it back in 30 days. Anyway will see what happens next

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
I really think it often depends who happens to deal with a problem, as to how satisfactory the outcome is, regardless of company policy.

Without going into all the boring details, I'd bought a TV from Argos (but the clearance store), it was brand new, just presumably a discontinued item, they still hadn't got rid of in their normal stores.

The warranty was for 2 years and it went **** up after 2 and a half. I had nothing to lose by contacting them, and whilst it took a bit of arguing and stating various 'sale of goods' points, and hoping they'd show some goodwill, they backed down and replaced it like for like (not to the exact value, which is sort of fair enough). One thing worth noting, for all I stood firm, I was never rude or overly demanding, not that I'm saying you were anything like that.

Sadly, the replacement only lasted a couple of days, so that went back and in fairness to them, they replaced that and we ended up with a Samsung, as it was the nearest they had price/spec wise.
Old 01 October 2014, 07:25 PM
scoobyross
Scooby Regular

John Lewis very good, 5 year guarantee and have sent Samsung repairers out twice to repair mine
Old 01 October 2014, 07:33 PM
Lisawrx

I've now borrowed a TV but its still not the point, i shouldn't have to be with out a TV, if i'd bought a car i would expect a replacement or a loan, not to be told i will get it back in 30 days. Anyway will see what happens next
If you think they have not provided a satisfactory service, then email either customer services (a different person may respond to those you've spoken to so far, and a different person can result in a different result). If that fails, have a google and see if you can get the email address of someone higher.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about this, they have acknowledged there is a fault, hence them repairing the TV. I think when a retailer opts to repair, it has to be with as little inconvenience as possible to the customer (don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that is the case). Not sure who decides this....
Old 01 October 2014, 07:45 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

If its mastercare/homecare which argos use,they do say four weeks to repair.Happened when I bought a vaio laptop from argos,screwed up after a three week.argos said month to allow for repair,I said i want money back,no they replied.i got citizens advice to print me some sales of goods info,ask to speak to manager at argos,showed the info and I got a refund,£800.00

Agree on richer sounds etc
Old 02 October 2014, 08:49 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Here you go -

Argos MD

john.walden@argos.co.uk
Old 02 October 2014, 11:54 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Normally when you have a guarantee it covers repairs and if it can't be fixed its then replaced. Not a replacement TV after months of use. So yes you returned the TV to the store and they were going to send your faulty TV away to be repaired. That's what the guarantee covers there's nothing wrong with that. But for you to expect a replacement TV while your is being fixed is a bit much. Argos are not TV repair/hire shops they sell all sorts. If you bought it from a TV rentals/sales then yes you might get a replacement while yours is being fixed, but with Argos... No
Old 03 October 2014, 01:10 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Some people might be thinking I'm being ott, and I know argos are within there rights to try to repair the tv, but I just don't see why I should be put out for something not my fault, I've borrowed a tv but it's 720hp so xbox won't pay though it. So I will be taking this further, will contact argos again, if not joy will try email thanks for help.

Who's email is that by the way?

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
If you think they have not provided a satisfactory service, then email either customer services (a different person may respond to those you've spoken to so far, and a different person can result in a different result). If that fails, have a google and see if you can get the email address of someone higher.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about this, they have acknowledged there is a fault, hence them repairing the TV. I think when a retailer opts to repair, it has to be with as little inconvenience as possible to the customer (don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that is the case). Not sure who decides this....
Old 03 October 2014, 08:14 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I just looked here :

http://www.ceoemail.com
Old 04 October 2014, 09:05 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Some people might be thinking I'm being ott, and I know argos are within there rights to try to repair the tv, but I just don't see why I should be put out for something not my fault, I've borrowed a tv but it's 720hp so xbox won't pay though it. So I will be taking this further, will contact argos again, if not joy will try email thanks for help.

Why won't the xbox play on it?
Old 04 October 2014, 09:51 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

You're ott
Old 04 October 2014, 05:26 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I went on the display settings and adjusted them from 60 to 50

The picture was then fine but the game wouldn't play using that display

Originally Posted by Ant
Why won't the xbox play on it?

Quick Reply: Argos poor service