Clueless Millipede again.......

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2014, 09:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Clueless Millipede again.......

On ITV Breakfast, this morning.

He was being interviewed and was giving it the big "I am...." about how the MAIN thing worrying people in the UK wasn't anything the others were talking about, but was the "cost of living crisis" the fact that people can't afford houses any more (hey...whose policies ensured THAT???)

Anyway, the female interviewer pointed out that people thought politicians were out of touch, and asked Millipede if the knew what the average weekly grocery spend was?

he fudged the answer, mumbling about "very expensive"..........so the next question was, "What's your weekly spend?"

After much umming and ahhhing, he said it was probably as much as £70-£80.

The lady then informs him that the average is £100........."yes, we need to do something about that", he says.

She points out he's out of touch, and then goes on to ask about the Labour policy on zero hours contracts.

"We need to look into it", and "we oppose them" says Millipede.

"So would it surprise to learn that an independent survey has found that 62 Labour MP's are, at present, employing people on zero hours contracts?" is the next question. LOL

Followed by: "So it's not Labour policy, not right, but OK for Labour MP's?"

He is utterly clueless.

Apparently 80% of Labour voters want him gone........I would think that 100% of Tory, LibDem and UKIP voters would like him to stay
Old 20 May 2014, 10:07 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not just him though is it, the whole party are in disarray!
Old 20 May 2014, 10:08 AM
Willowsdad
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

His brother should've got the job in th first place. Always thought he was a lot more grounded, and relatively normal for a politician.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:13 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

A pretty silly question really.

He's a professional politician not a home maker. How is he supposed to know the average grocery bill?
Old 20 May 2014, 10:20 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

The only thing I can see labour doing is pointing fingers at others. They just ride the waves of others mistakes/unpopular policy's. From what I can see they don't really have any good ideas of their own and won't commit to any policy's so they can change their minds depending on what they think is popular.

Their biggest form of attack seems to be saying there is no recovery . I think this argument is just getting a bit thin and there is a strong recovery . Sure, it might not be the best it could be, but it is there.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:27 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I have Tory and Labour local election leaflets next to me on the desk. Neither tells me what the party in question is going to do just how bad the other party are. It's pathetic and systematic of modern career politics with people who are so out of touch with reality they may as well be living on Pluto!

I wish they would all just f**k off!
Old 20 May 2014, 10:47 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

He's a professional politician not a home maker. How is he supposed to know the average grocery bill?
Errrrrr...because it's his party's flagship policy?

How can he tell us there's a cost of living crisis if he has no idea OF the cost of living?

Clueless, the whole lot of 'em.

Trending Topics

Old 20 May 2014, 11:01 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

It does worry me that UKIP are taking more votes away from the Tory's than labour . If this is the case then labour may get in at the general election. I would rather see the Tory's in again than labour but will still vote UKIP.
Old 20 May 2014, 01:22 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by chris j t
It does worry me that UKIP are taking more votes away from the Tory's than labour . If this is the case then labour may get in at the general election. I would rather see the Tory's in again than labour but will still vote UKIP.

This is the biggest concern if you live in a Labour stronghold, like I do. It was difficult enough to get them out.

If Millipede quack on about cost of living; its his duty (job) to know what living costs including a weekly grocery shop to assertain if living costs are too high.
Old 20 May 2014, 01:29 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
This is the biggest concern if you live in a Labour stronghold, like I do. It was difficult enough to get them out.

If Millipede quack on about cost of living; its his duty (job) to know what living costs including a weekly grocery shop to assertain if living costs are too high.
Maybe - but it's a fairly basic concept, desposible income vs inflation - you don't actually need to know how much a pint of milk costs to work out we have some way to go to close the gap on where we were in 2008.
Old 20 May 2014, 01:33 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

He should just call it that rather than using buzz-words, then he wouldn't get caught out.

Inflation is too high, houshold incomes are too low.

(although the latter never clarifies those in the household who don't work full time and choose not to).
Old 20 May 2014, 01:36 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

He should just call it that rather than using buzz-words, then he wouldn't get caught out.

(although the latter never clarifies those in the household who don't work full time and choose not to).
The 'buzzword' is obviously scoring well in their polling, otherwise he wouldn't keep banging on about it.

I agree though it is tiresome, and he really hasn't explain exactly what he's going to do about it.
Old 20 May 2014, 01:39 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

= cost of living crisis
Old 20 May 2014, 01:43 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I doesn't know the average grocery bill, because he's not an average wage earner.!

And he can only remember a few choice headlines to excite the public

Last edited by dpb; 20 May 2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 20 May 2014, 05:08 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Maybe - but it's a fairly basic concept, desposible income vs inflation - you don't actually need to know how much a pint of milk costs to work out we have some way to go to close the gap on where we were in 2008.
You would like us to go back to 2008 So you want a false sense of security and for people to be able to get loans/debt they can't afford.

People thought things were good but most were just spending themselves and others in to a recession. I am one of those sensible people that have to pay the price of others greed.

The bankers baited the hook but it was the average greedy Joe that took it.
Old 20 May 2014, 05:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

The average greedy Joe encouraged by everyone to consume?

Maybe......but oughtn't government to have either advised, or legislated so that A G J might have had some idea of the consequences?

And then, perhaps, the people who baited the hook might have had some sort of punishment, instead of more bonuses and gold plated final handshakes?

If YOU set up a Ponzi scheme, whose fault is it? Yours, or those you scam?
Old 20 May 2014, 05:36 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

You would like us to go back to 2008 So you want a false sense of security and for people to be able to get loans/debt they can't afford.

People thought things were good but most were just spending themselves and others in to a recession. I am one of those sensible people that have to pay the price of others greed.

The bankers baited the hook but it was the average greedy Joe that took it.
You can look back to whenever you want mate.

2008 was when the crash came, so that's the high watermark as far as the size of the economy and disposible income are concerned - we aren't back to those levels yet - it's a just basic and (I thought) non-controversial point
Old 20 May 2014, 05:43 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
The average greedy Joe encouraged by everyone to consume?

Maybe......but oughtn't government to have either advised, or legislated so that A G J might have had some idea of the consequences?

And then, perhaps, the people who baited the hook might have had some sort of punishment, instead of more bonuses and gold plated final handshakes?

If YOU set up a Ponzi scheme, whose fault is it? Yours, or those you scam?
The way I see it is their is 3 to blame. The banker's for putting it in place,the labour government for letting it happen and the public for spending money they didn't have (living beyond their means) . I am not claiming that all blame is equal.
Old 20 May 2014, 06:42 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
= cost of living crisis

Yes, and by tieing both together into that buzzword has made him look like a clueless idiot.

If he quacked on about inflation, everbody would have snoozed off and he wouldn't have been caught out.
Old 20 May 2014, 06:56 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The way I see it is their is 3 to blame. The banker's for putting it in place,the labour government for letting it happen and the public for spending money they didn't have (living beyond their means) . I am not claiming that all blame is equal.
Do you think what flavour of government made any difference
Old 20 May 2014, 06:59 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Errrrrr...because it's his party's flagship policy?

How can he tell us there's a cost of living crisis if he has no idea OF the cost of living?

Clueless, the whole lot of 'em.
If people are complaining about the cost of living - and we know the rate of inflation is outstripping wages - then it's fairly irrelevant what the exact price of a week's shopping is.
Old 20 May 2014, 07:01 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I saw him make a tit out of himself this morning.

Almost as bad as Douglas Alexander (labour campaign director) being quizzed about their poster. It showed a basket of food and claimed coalition policy had added £450 in vat to your shop.

On persistent cross examination he had to admit half the stuff depicted in the basket was vat free and that £450 would be added over a 5 year parliament
Old 20 May 2014, 07:28 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

I'd like to know what successful business Labour's Shadow Business Secretary Chuka Umunna has run to qualify for the job. As far as I know, he's done nothing except go to school and then be a solicitor for a couple of years.

And we're expected to vote for these idiots (of all parties) to run the country....
Old 20 May 2014, 10:47 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
It's not just him though is it, the whole party are in disarray!
With that in mind then, what can we read into the fact that this is the first week that polls have indicated the Conservatives have a small lead in the ratings.

The general public are complete remtards perhaps?
Old 20 May 2014, 11:01 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^^Is it not a case of which is the lesser evil?^^^^^^^
Old 21 May 2014, 12:06 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

That's true, but they all do some preparation before going to a grilling session on the telly, you know. It's like that Camo inserting his 16 yr. old sprung mattress's mention in his lecture at Rob Day's workplace. He prepared regardless of the fact that it was indeed a crap insert. I bet he couldn't sleep all night on his sprung mattress due to his embarrassment over it.

Home maker or not, they need to do some homework before they go on campaigning for their party.

Last edited by Turbohot; 21 May 2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 21 May 2014, 09:12 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

If people are complaining about the cost of living - and we know the rate of inflation is outstripping wages - then it's fairly irrelevant what the exact price of a week's shopping is.
Oh right?

So if your flagship policy was getting the rate of inflation down, would it be OK to have no clue what the inflation rate actually was?

Had it simply been a throwaway comment, I could agree with you.

It's not. It's what they are hanging their entire election policy on. Interesting to note that it's about as far as you can get from anything to do with Europe.......
Old 21 May 2014, 09:18 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Home maker or not, they need to do some homework before they go on campaigning for their party.
This ^^^^ It's so basic it's almost unbelievable that they don't
Old 21 May 2014, 10:26 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
This ^^^^ It's so basic it's almost unbelievable that they don't
Goes to hint that Edward also would have had a real bad sleep disturbances all last night. I bet he kept moving about with the thought-"Damn! I made a right punch pillow of myself within hours of showing myself up as ignorant as no can imagine". I can also imagine his missus giving him a right kick for moving about restlessly on their memory mattress.

What's most annoying is that some of these prominent politicians go on rabbiting out their argument, rather than holding their hands up and saying- "To be honest with you girls, I haven't a flipping clue! My wife does our weekly shopping, I don't. So, if you don't mind, can we slag off UKIP instead?". That would have fallen closer to some of the public, as many men (with wives/partners) genuinely do not know how much the weekly food shopping really costs, and there're quite a few that hate UKIP man with a tan.

About that Swindon councillor issue, I'm afraid that is inexcusable. he kept going with "Jim is doing a good job! Jim is doing a good job!" Even if he had held his hands up with- "Hexcuse me but I don't, for my life, know who this John from my own party is, who I am here to campaign for. I've never ever known him, never ever met him and I don't know if I ever will; to be honest with you!". I'm afraid that still would have been a suicide without a doubt.

That Clegg is another pillock who has made an utter fool of himself in public many a times.

Last edited by Turbohot; 21 May 2014 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Spellings
Old 21 May 2014, 11:27 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

One of their arguments is that it costs about £450 more to do your shopping because of the Tory's . Thankfully most sore through the bulls**t ,and noticed the calculation was done for a full term of government. They tried to sell it to the public as if it was over a year,this in my mind proves their just con artists.

The point is they publicly say that they know how much the average family spend and it will cost more with the Tory's. If not how would they get their calculations.

Quick Reply: Clueless Millipede again.......