Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

European elections on 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2014, 08:09 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European elections on 22nd

Just wondering which way you guys are voting in Thursday for the European elections?

Me, personally, UKIP or Conservative. Not 100% sure yet.

No poll. Discuss
Old 20 May 2014, 08:24 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well I think you should put a poll up, let's get this **** over an done with
Old 20 May 2014, 08:26 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Can't see the point of voting for a get-out-of-Europe party in the Euro election's as that decision (getting out of Europe) needs to be made here first. Would rather that someone over there is committed to doing the job on our behalf.
Old 20 May 2014, 09:22 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miniman
Can't see the point of voting for a get-out-of-Europe party in the Euro election's as that decision (getting out of Europe) needs to be made here first. Would rather that someone over there is committed to doing the job on our behalf.
Yes, because it's working out reall well for us so far!
Old 20 May 2014, 09:32 AM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

SNP or UKIP, not sure yet
Old 20 May 2014, 10:32 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miniman
So who WILL you vote for? I am UKIP all the way.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:49 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Me too.......if only to throw a scare into the other three parties.

Might make them take seriously the things that worry Joe Inthestreet?

Trending Topics

Old 20 May 2014, 01:25 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G.Mac
SNP or UKIP, not sure yet
So either a party that want the UK to leave the EU but maintain the Union, or a party that wants to leave the Union but join the EU
Old 20 May 2014, 01:27 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin2005
So either a party that want the UK to leave the EU but maintain the Union, or a party that wants to leave the Union but join the EU
Old 20 May 2014, 08:12 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

So okay fellow participants,

You vote ukip Thursday, what do you expect to change ,say over teh next 12 months
Old 20 May 2014, 08:18 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Green Party.....

That's only because Monster Raving Looney Party was not an option
Old 20 May 2014, 08:29 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

ukip
Old 20 May 2014, 09:01 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

And.
Old 20 May 2014, 09:01 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

UKIP all the way for me too. Think Lib/Lab/Con might be in for shock here, everyone's fed up with the main 3 parties now!

Hilarious interview here by Ed Miliband today - he sounds about as intelligent as the average Labour voter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27483541

Old 20 May 2014, 09:21 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Not that I'm over the moon with some of their policies/behaviour I will be voting Conservative.

A vote for ukip is basically a vote wasted, much like the Lib dems in years gone past
Old 20 May 2014, 09:39 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Not that I'm over the moon with some of their policies/behaviour I will be voting Conservative.

A vote for ukip is basically a vote wasted, much like the Lib dems in years gone past
How is a vote for UKIP a waste of a vote? Sitting at home and not voting is a waste of a vote. People should get out there and use their vote, whoever their party of choice.

I have always voted Conservative in the past, but won't do so again. Would never consider voting Labour. The fact that virtually all their donations come from Trade Unions tells you all you need to know about them.

All the major media are biased to one of the old-3 parties however, so they're all united in that they're all trying to smear UKIP as they can see the threat, but people don't seem to be buying it. Nigel Farage speaks a lot more common sense than the other leaders.

Last edited by Petem95; 20 May 2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 20 May 2014, 09:42 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Conservative for me ....
Old 20 May 2014, 09:45 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

The media will suck up to the biggest scandal regardless..
Old 20 May 2014, 09:53 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Ukip for me
Old 20 May 2014, 10:06 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I'll be thrashing various models of Porsche around the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone on Thursday, so voting may have to take a back seat

If I have time I'll vote - not decided who for yet.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:16 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
UKIP all the way for me too. Think Lib/Lab/Con might be in for shock here, everyone's fed up with the main 3 parties now!

Hilarious interview here by Ed Miliband today - he sounds about as intelligent as the average Labour voter!

The guy is a ****1n d1ckhead. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't know..........what a bellend.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:21 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

All the major media are biased to one of the old-3 parties however, so they're all united in that they're all trying to smear UKIP as they can see the threat, but people don't seem to be buying it.
As I was saying!!..

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...farage-attacks
Old 20 May 2014, 10:35 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler

As the vote pertains to the European elections, a vote for UKIP is in no way a vote wasted. They may well get more votes than either of the two major parties, both of whom (along with the Liberals) are barely mentioning each other as they can't afford the time off from trying to discredit UKIP.
Running scared? Sure looks like it.

I hope UKIP have a resounding victory in the European elections. This will give a voice to the general discontent that the public have for the 3 main parties, and may hopefully help them wise up a bit.
UKIP can ruffle some feathers in Strasbourg, with plenty of media coverage, but without any major impact on national politics.

General election. Totally different story. Maybe when that comes along Cameron will have manned up and I can vote Conservative without feeling annoyed about it (I doubt it though at this point, having listened to all the diatribe about Richard Scudamore for the best part of a week).
Old 20 May 2014, 11:22 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Anyone who votes Conservative must be wearing the biggest set of blinkers thus far invented or be naive in the extreme!
Old 20 May 2014, 11:44 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

This^ is an utter disgrace.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:46 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Anyone who votes Conservative must be wearing the biggest set of blinkers thus far invented or be naive in the extreme!
I've read a lot of your post and agree with what you say,you hit the nail on the head as they say. I would how ever like to ask, do you not think that the Tory's are a safe bet?

Its UKIP all the way for me but I wouldn't claim them to be the safest bet. I am voting for change and a breath of fresh air but we would be entering the unknown would we not?
Old 21 May 2014, 12:08 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I don't think this is funny for one second ,how can people vote for this idiot.

Last edited by Carnut; 21 May 2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 21 May 2014, 07:00 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
I've read a lot of your post and agree with what you say,you hit the nail on the head as they say. I would how ever like to ask, do you not think that the Tory's are a safe bet?
Simply because as far as Europe goes they are not being honest with us. They promised to give us a referendum over the Lisbon Treaty and then reneged on it and now they are promising to do the same over the EU membership, but only if we vote them in at the next General Election.

Even if that happens I strongly suspect they will find a way not to give us that referendum and will continue to do what they want which despite claiming to be Euro-sceptics seems to be to keep the EU gravy train rolling down the tracks.

They always seem to be saying one thing and doing another and with the EU that is ever more prevalent especially with all this talk of re-negotiating the terms of our membership, a negotiation that has not even begun to appear on the horizon and being brutally honest probably never will especially when you listen to the likes of Merkel on the subject.

Basically their stance over Europe is completely muddy and needs a huge injection of honesty before they should be taken seriously on thsi issue!

Its UKIP all the way for me but I wouldn't claim them to be the safest bet. I am voting for change and a breath of fresh air but we would be entering the unknown would we not?
I agree that on the face of it it seems like that, but this is the European parliament elections and when you consider that ask yourself which party has the clearest most honest vision? Hint, it's not the Tories! At least on the European issue we know exactly what UKIP stand for and what their elected MEPs are there to do. If you align with their policies over Europe to me this vote is a 'no-brainer' as they say.

I agree that when it comes to the General Election next year they have much work to do (and I hope they continue to move forward in this respect), but for me this election is a simple choice as far as they are concerned as their message is very clear on this issue!
Old 21 May 2014, 08:40 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Ultimately our decision on the EU will (or at should) be about the balance of risk and reward for either staying in or leaving the EU.

I find both the UKIP and Lib-Dem postitions on the EU equally misleading as they only appear to want to present one side of the argument - it's either all terrible, or all fantastic - both these positions are ideological and of little use to people wanting the facts.

How Farage can present the case for leaving the EU as without even acknowledging the risks, means he isn't really interested in 'having a proper debate' - something he keeps claiming to want.

One day soon, we will be made to make a big decision on this issue, let's do it with our eyes open, with a clear view of both the upsides and downsides to staying in or leaving.

So Mr Farage, Clegg, Cameron and Milliband - dispense with the ideological claptrap and have a 'proper debate'
Old 21 May 2014, 09:04 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

No......it's a European election, so not that relevant to us here.

But a vote for UKIP might just make the other parties take what UKIP, and many voters, are saying, SERIOUSLY.

Loads of people in this country have problems with the idea of Europe ruling us, the cost to us and the immigrant problem.
People are beginning to realise that the other EC countries ignore the rules they don't like, or that don't benefit them, while we enforce every last one.

Personally I'm sick of hearing Cam-Moron and Smegg the idiot telling ME what I'm ACTUALLY worried about......

Quick Reply: European elections on 22nd