Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another shining example of Islamic 'law' in the wonderful World we all live in

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2014, 10:56 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down Another shining example of Islamic 'law' in the wonderful World we all live in

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...nged/37516.htm

Could you just imagine a Christian country sentencing to death a pregnant Muslim woman for apostasy in the 21st century? No me neither. Firstly there is no such thing as a Christian country (that I am aware of in terms of the country's courts and laws) and secondly no other religion teaches such outrageous beliefs and even worse makes it law. Thirdly if such a thing were to happen that country would be the next target for Islamic extremists. Yet it's all fine and dandy for their religion to carry out such acts.

Backward, barbaric and down right murderous doesn't even come close to these so called Islamic religious laws.

And Muslims wonder why there are so many people across the World who can't tolerate their religion.

It's all very well Muslims in the UK and other parts of the World saying it doesn't represent their faith but i'm afraid it quite clearly does (it just doesn't represent your personal views which is something completely different) and until such extremist laws are erradicated they will continue to do so.
Old 19 May 2014, 11:01 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally barbaric. Religion is a crazy thing.
Old 19 May 2014, 11:12 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends if you think the way that the Muslim faith is used by those in power in the Sudan is representative of the faith as whole.

Personally I don't.
Old 19 May 2014, 11:14 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
It's all very well Muslims in the UK and other parts of the World saying it doesn't represent their faith but i'm afraid it quite clearly does
Er the Koran clearly states that people should have the freedom of religion. The 'former Muslims should be executed' mantra is part of Sharia law which is for all intents and purposes 'man made' by interpreting the Koran in a way more suited to those that choose to interpret that way's agenda!

That said let's not that fact get in the way of another good old SN generic anti ALL Muslims thread.... so crack on
Old 19 May 2014, 11:18 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok google is your friend.

Just another example of what is wrong with ALL religions, the most stupid being that they all basically believe the same thing and have spent hundreds of years killing each other because of this supposedly good thing.

Anyone who gets involved in religion and believes all that bollax deserves what ever comes their way.

This is 2014 how anyone can still believe there is some bloke in the sky that once upon a time waved his magic wand and made all of us is beyond me.
Old 19 May 2014, 11:25 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Ok google is your friend.

Just another example of what is wrong with ALL religions, the most stupid being that they all basically believe the same thing and have spent hundreds of years killing each other because of this supposedly good thing.

Anyone who gets involved in religion and believes all that bollax deserves what ever comes their way.

This is 2014 how anyone can still believe there is some bloke in the sky that once upon a time waved his magic wand and made all of us is beyond me.

You are right; all major religions have at their core the same basic ideas, love, compassion and forgiveness - pretty good stuff I'd say.

It's not religion that kills people, it's other people - religion is not to blame, people are

Also before we get all puffed-up about this appalling case; I bet the majority on here are in favour of bringing back captial punishment - which is very old testament

Last edited by Martin2005; 19 May 2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 19 May 2014, 11:30 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...nged/37516.htm

And Muslims wonder why there are so many people across the World who can't tolerate their religion.

It's all very well Muslims in the UK and other parts of the World saying it doesn't represent their faith but i'm afraid it quite clearly does (it just doesn't represent your personal views which is something completely different) and until such extremist laws are erradicated they will continue to do so.

I get what you are saying. Muslims that say that this incidence doesn't represent their faith need to initiate a hard core revolution against the ones that are misrepresenting their good faith. How about the main man from Mecca ordering these horrible 'law and order ' Sudanese psychopaths to do one, and make a declaration to the world that Allah would never want this woman to be punished for f4ck all? I mean, I am sure all 'real' Muslims including that top Mullah must be sick and tired of the defamation these baddies are causing to real Muslims and real Islam? Why do good and tolerant Muslims have such meek voice? Why do they simply come on TV to say that it's not really Islam, but do very little to change it?

I am proud of this woman for not recanting her faith under pressure, and instead she prefers to die.

Appalling beyond words!

Trending Topics

Old 19 May 2014, 11:37 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I get what you are saying. Muslims that say that this incidence doesn't represent their faith need to initiate a hard core revolution against the ones that are misrepresenting their good faith. How about the main man from Mecca ordering these horrible 'law and order ' Sudanese psychopaths to do one, and make a declaration to the world that Allah would never want this woman to be punished for f4ck all? I mean, I am sure all 'real' Muslims including that top Mullah must be sick and tired of the defamation these baddies are causing to real Muslims and real Islam? Why do good and tolerant Muslims have such meek voice? Why do they simply come on TV to say that it's not really Islam, but do very little to change it?

I am proud of this woman for not recanting her faith under pressure, and instead she prefers to die.

Appalling beyond words!
I think that this is one of the big problems (if that's the right word) with the Islamic faith, there is no 'head' or leader - therefore there it difficult to achieve a unified 'offical' doctrinal 21st century interpretation.

I'm sure that the SN followers of Islam will have a much better take on this than me though (although I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to stay out of another SN classic debate on the rights and wrongs of their faith)

Last edited by Martin2005; 19 May 2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 19 May 2014, 11:44 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I think that this is one of the big problems (if that's the right word) with the Islamic faith, there is no 'head' or leader - therefore there it difficult to achieve a unified 'offical' doctrinal 21st century interpretation.

I'm sure that the SN followers of Islam will have a much better take on this than me though
Then good Muslims need to get together, and nominate a leader to represent genuine Islam.

As we know, Muslims with faith generally do not lead their lives individualistically. Therefore, it shouldn't be that difficult for them to collectively nominate one good Muslim to be their spokesperson on the level of the global stage; not just on the British TV to minimise the risk of Islam defamation in this little country alone.

Come on, the world awaits! We've had enough!
Old 19 May 2014, 11:47 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Then good Muslims need to get together, and nominate a leader to represent genuine Islam.

As we know, Muslims with faith generally do not lead their lives individualistically. Therefore, it shouldn't be that difficult for them to collectively nominate one good Muslim to be their spokesperson on the level of the global stage; not just on the British TV to minimise the risk of Islam defamation in this little country alone.

Come on, the world awaits! We've had enough!
I think you might of just come up with a great idea for a new reality TV series
Old 19 May 2014, 11:53 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

(although I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to stay out of another SN classic debate on the rights and wrongs of their faith)
I understand that, too. It becomes Muslim bashing with some defensive denseheads brainlessly kicking any n' all Muslims for the mere sake of it; in order to feel good about their little selves.

But if good Muslims rise above the denseness here, perhaps they can join the discussion, support Allah's humane teachings with conviction and strongly oppose what's going on in Sudan.
Old 19 May 2014, 12:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I think you might of just come up with a great idea for a new reality TV series

I am quite serious, Martin.

As I say, words fail to describe how barbaric and irrational it is to punish that woman in any shape or form who has done nothing wrong but simply something what a normal human would do. Bleddy psychos!
Old 19 May 2014, 12:04 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
the most stupid being that they all basically believe the same thing and have spent hundreds of years killing each other because of this supposedly good thing.
they ARE the same - in 10 thousand years history will simply see Islam/Judaism/Christianity as different sects of the same monotheistic religion

just warring factions in a power play
Old 19 May 2014, 12:18 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

This Wiki' page is worth a read if a meaningful debate is to be had.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
Old 19 May 2014, 12:31 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
they ARE the same - in 10 thousand years history will simply see Islam/Judaism/Christianity as different sects of the same monotheistic religion

just warring factions in a power play
+1.
Old 19 May 2014, 12:37 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

+1.
You agree that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are the same, Swati?
Old 19 May 2014, 01:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
You agree that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are the same, Swati?
James, On this thread, I'm not concerned with discussing theology.

Not going to attend to the micro-elements of these religions and their blinded acceptance, but as you politely asked, my answer is that any religion that stands to scream for its superiority with the notion of their BEST airy fairy, man-made God over all other faiths falls in the category of the power players for me. The baseline is one: believe in mine, or believe in none. Irrational as f4ck, and worthless as a tuppen! All religions bullsh$t about their grandeur and superiority, and call other religions bullsh4t. Its all about power play. Making vulnerable people submit to certain religion is also a power play; a mind game. I'm afraid I'm not on for it.

You can prove Christianity to be better due to its tolerant stance, I can go on about Buddha and other 84, 000 air sculptures to be the greatest ones on this earth, but I don't. I'm not into power play.

On this thread, I'm fixated at the plight of that woman. I'm not interested in debating which one is better and which one is worse. I don't mind different faiths in the world as long as they don't attack the faith of humanity. You may say that that's what you are trying to say that contrary to humane Christianity, Islam is fundamentally barbaric! Well, as some good Muslims disagree, I want those good Muslims to shake this earth to oppose what has happened to those girls in Nigeria, and what's happening to this woman in Sudan.
Old 19 May 2014, 01:12 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

James, On this thread, I'm not concerned with discussing theology.

Not going to attend to the micro-elements of these religions and their blinded acceptance, but as you politely asked, my answer is that any religion that stands to scream for its superiority with the notion of their BEST airy fairy, man-made God over all other faiths falls in the category of the power players for me. The baseline is one: believe in mine, or believe in none. Irrational as f4ck, and worthless as a tuppen! All religions bullsh$t about their grandeur and superiority, and call other religions bullsh4t. Its all about power play. Making vulnerable people submit to certain religion is also a power play; a mind game. I'm afraid I'm not on for it.

You can prove Christianity to be better due to its tolerant stance, I can go on about Buddha and other 84, 000 air sculptures to be the greatest ones on this earth, but I don't. I'm not into power play.

On this thread, I'm fixated at the plight of that woman. I'm not interested in debating which one is better and which one is worse. I don't mind different faiths in the world as long as they don't attack the faith of humanity. You may say that that's what you are trying to say that contrary to humane Christianity, Islam is fundamentally barbaric! Well, as some good Muslims disagree, I want those good Muslims to shake this earth to oppose what has happened to those girls in Nigeria, and what's happening to this woman in Sudan.
Ok, thanks for that.
Old 19 May 2014, 01:18 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok, thanks for that.

Any time.
Old 19 May 2014, 01:46 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Wafa Sultan:

"The problem with Christians is they aren't as good as Jesus. But thank God most Muslims are better than Muhammad."
Old 19 May 2014, 02:07 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Wafa Sultan:"The problem with Christians is they aren't as good as Jesus. But thank God most Muslims are better than Muhammad."
The problem with both Christians and Muslims is that they both think that one's God is wayyyyy better than the other one's and anyone's. I don't mind banging their heads together so hard that they come back to their senses forever, and never lose their marbles again.

Anyway, back to much more urgent issue: The world awaits for the true Muslims to come forward and openly oppose current barbarian happenings on the name of their religion, and do something to stop them.
Old 19 May 2014, 02:19 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Appalling beyond words!
TH exactly that
Old 19 May 2014, 02:20 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

The problem with both Christians and Muslims is that they both think that one's God is wayyyyy better than the other one's and anyone's. I don't mind banging their heads together so hard that they come back to their senses forever, and never lose their marbles again.

Anyway, back to much more urgent issue: The world awaits for the true Muslims to come forward and openly oppose current barbarian happenings on the name of their religion, and do something to stop them.
Christ's message and that of Mohammad's are, in many ways, polar opposites. If you're a moral relativist then that's cool, but I'm not.
Old 19 May 2014, 02:22 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Christ's message and that of Mohammad's are, in many ways, polar opposites. If you're a moral relativist then that's cool, but I'm not.

That's fine by me.
Old 19 May 2014, 02:25 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

If these bad Muslims represent my faith then it's only fair to say that those responsible for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_killings represent yours
Old 19 May 2014, 02:27 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Absolute bollox. You know that too.
Old 19 May 2014, 02:35 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
Absolute bollox. You know that too.
I'll happily debate this with you, Shaid, but I'd ask that you try to be respectful. If you aren't I'll just turn the other cheek.

"I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah." (Muslim 1:33)

"He who lives by the sword will die by the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

Your go.
Old 19 May 2014, 02:36 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I suppose it's because all Muslims secretly support honour killings, suicide bombings, terrorism and we all get our kicks off hanging pregnant black women. Some of us have a fetish about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_attitudes_towards_terrorism
Old 19 May 2014, 02:46 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I'll happily debate this with you, Shaid, but I'd ask that you try to be respectful. If you aren't I'll just turn the other cheek.

"I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah." (Muslim 1:33)

"He who lives by the sword will die by the sword." (Matthew 26:52)

Your go.
Sorry i can only be respectful towards a person i have respect for. You have previously beaten any respect i had for you out of me. Therefore i will have to pass on your offer.

However if you really insist on the quotes game.... Anyone can find crap on anyone....

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Slavery Stuff

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Deuteronomy 7:1-2

When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

In short... don't even go there
Old 19 May 2014, 02:52 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
Sorry i can only be respectful towards a person i have respect for. You have previously beaten any respect i had for you out of me. Therefore i will have to pass on your offer.

However if you really insist on the quotes game.... Anyone can find crap on anyone....

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Slavery Stuff

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Deuteronomy 7:1-2

When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

In short... don't even go there
That's all Old Testament, Shaid. We're not comparing Moses and Mohammad, we're comparing Jesus and Mohammad, therefore you need to quote from the New Testament. Anyway, I believe it's my turn:

Demanded captured slaves and a fifth of all other loot taken in war.
(Qur'an 8:41)

"The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve."
(Matthew 20:28)

Quick Reply: Another shining example of Islamic 'law' in the wonderful World we all live in