Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Makes my p!ss boil

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2014, 01:21 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Makes my p!ss boil

So, you owe the tax office a few undred and they come at you with the book and threats and all sorts.

You owe them 1.2bill and o its ok you pay 10mill and that will be the end of it.

FFS and they wonder why people complain about the tax office

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27144637
Old 28 April 2014, 01:30 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Tip of the Iceburg: Vodafone have done it to the tune of billions. Starbucks buy their coffee from Switzerland (think about it ), Sir Philip Green. A quick google reveals a few others have too.

I also hate people who constantly seek to do cash jobs to avoid tax; they are equally as bad IMO. That compounded loss probably amounts to trillions of lost tax revenue. Its as bad as benefit leachers.

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 April 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 28 April 2014, 01:30 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Annoyed me a lot. I'm having to pay some tax to HMRC and while I fully admit it is justified they refused to let me pay it off over a few months to ease the impact to my finances.
Old 28 April 2014, 01:31 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

You are so right.

Plus, if THEY owe YOU money it can take an age and weeks of hoop-jumping to get it back.
And no fine if they are late paying YOU, plus no interest on the amount if they are late.
Old 28 April 2014, 01:33 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by alcazar
You are so right.

And no fine if they are late paying YOU, plus no interest on the amount if they are late.
Actually you can charge the Inland Revenue interest. But yes they will try and get away it....a few firm letters and logged phone calls will eventually get them to pay the interest on what they owe you.
Old 28 April 2014, 02:04 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Every British citizen who has paid tax since October 2001 is technically an accessory to war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocides.
If governments use money raised by taxation to wage illegal wars(think about it)and kill innocent civilians, then under international law a taxpayer’s normal duty to pay tax is reversed and becomes a duty to withhold tax.
You will be committing multiple criminal offences under international law if you continue to contribute in any way whatsoever to the British Government’s unlawful armed attacks on innocent men, women and children in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.
Old 28 April 2014, 02:11 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stipete75
Every British citizen who has paid tax since October 2001 is technically an accessory to war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocides.
If governments use money raised by taxation to wage illegal wars(think about it)and kill innocent civilians, then under international law a taxpayer’s normal duty to pay tax is reversed and becomes a duty to withhold tax.
You will be committing multiple criminal offences under international law if you continue to contribute in any way whatsoever to the British Government’s unlawful armed attacks on innocent men, women and children in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.

Hm, now the question is how much do i sue you for? Unless you appologise of course
Old 28 April 2014, 02:18 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure about that?
Old 28 April 2014, 02:29 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Are you sure about that?
If the war against Iraq is proven to be illegal then yes I'm 100% confident in what I have stated, technically an accessory to war crimes.

Last edited by stipete75; 28 April 2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 28 April 2014, 02:31 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
So, you owe the tax office a few undred and they come at you with the book and threats and all sorts.

You owe them 1.2bill and o its ok you pay 10mill and that will be the end of it.

FFS and they wonder why people complain about the tax office

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27144637

Did you actually read the article?

It says he "could" have owed them £1.2billion had he got the tax planning wrong.

But he got it right and the agreed liability was £10m.

What's the problem?

Typical BBC sensationalist reporting. Again.

What it should have said is "Smart Mr Ecclestone avoids being screwed over for a massive tax bill by HM Treasury by taking good advice"

That £1.2b tax liability was "never" going to be any more than a potential tax bill on paper.

Bernie and the trust haven't escaped anything.
Old 28 April 2014, 02:52 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

If the war against Iraq is proven to be illegal then yes I'm 100% confident in what I have stated, technically an accessory to war crimes.

thast a bit of a stretch and to accuse people of being war criminals like that is disgracefull and also liabel.

so where's the appology, or do i need to speak to a lawyer?
Old 28 April 2014, 02:59 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

thast a bit of a stretch and to accuse people of being war criminals like that is disgracefull and also liabel.

He does have a point, it's like those who don't have children bang on about "why should my taxes pay for your child benefit!" Illegal or not, our taxes did help fund the war.

Last edited by jonc; 28 April 2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 28 April 2014, 03:02 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
He does have a point, especially those who don't have children bang on about "why should my taxes pay for your child benefit!" Illegal or not, our taxes did help fund the war.

Why should i pay for your children? you want em, then make sure you can afford em,,,,, lol

If were going for complete black and white route like that, then by stating that your a terrorist,,,,,,,

things are never that simple are they
Old 28 April 2014, 03:04 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Devildog
Did you actually read the article?

It says he "could" have owed them £1.2billion had he got the tax planning wrong.

But he got it right and the agreed liability was £10m.

What's the problem?

Typical BBC sensationalist reporting. Again.

What it should have said is "Smart Mr Ecclestone avoids being screwed over for a massive tax bill by HM Treasury by taking good advice"

That £1.2b tax liability was "never" going to be any more than a potential tax bill on paper.

Bernie and the trust haven't escaped anything.
the above is correct - but you have to accept that Mr Ecclestone did not set up, or control, the trust.

that is/was the legal test, believable??

in other news

Bernie's defence against corruption charges in Germany, and why he paid a £20 million bribe to a banker is that he was a victim of blackmail.

it was paid to stop Gerhard Gribkowsky telling HMRC that he had set up an offshore family trust. - so not "technically" a bribe

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 28 April 2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 28 April 2014, 03:06 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

If you believe what you say, you should be ashamed of yourself for your criminality being an accessory to genocide. Go and hand yourself to the authorities and put yourself up on trial at the criminal court in the Hage. You're a nutter .
Old 28 April 2014, 03:06 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
the above is correct - but you have to accept that Mr Ecclestone did not set up, or control, the trust.

that is/was the legal test, believable??

in other news

Bernie's defence against corruption charges in Germany, and why he paid a £20 million bribe to a banker is that he was a victim of blackmail.

it was paid to stop Gerhard Gribkowsky telling HMRC that he had set up an offshore family trust.
o the irony,,,,

i did have a chuckle at the judge syaing he didnt know how to tell the truth, or words to that affect lol
Old 28 April 2014, 03:13 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Why should i pay for your children? you want em, then make sure you can afford em,,,,, lol

If were going for complete black and white route like that, then by stating that your a terrorist,,,,,,,

things are never that simple are they
You are right, things are never simple, that's why Ecclestone took complex measures to legally limit his tax liabilites, there is nothing wrong or illegal with doing that. He paid £10m to settle that matter, that's more tax than you'll ever pay in your life time.
Old 28 April 2014, 03:22 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

The likes of blair and bush are war criminals,actually I would go as far as too saying probably the two biggest mass killers of innocents of our generation.
"we" paid our taxes that helped to fund said wars, unknowingly at the time of course.
Old 28 April 2014, 04:58 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The likes of blair and bush are war criminals,actually I would go as far as too saying probably the two biggest mass killers of innocents of our generation.
"we" paid our taxes that helped to fund said wars, unknowingly at the time of course.
just shy of a million people protested in London on Feb 15th 2003 to stop an illegal war

so not everyone
Old 28 April 2014, 05:05 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
just shy of a million people protested in London on Feb 15th 2003 to stop an illegal war

so not everyone
Agreed, I meant unknowingly with regards to taxes paid in the event of an illegal war and what that means.
Old 28 April 2014, 07:11 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Don't forget tonight at 20:30 on BBC1 is the Bernie Ecclestone documentary.
Old 28 April 2014, 08:09 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Such as what exactly?
Old 28 April 2014, 08:30 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Tip of the Iceburg: Vodafone have done it to the tune of billions. Starbucks buy their coffee from Switzerland (think about it ), Sir Philip Green. A quick google reveals a few others have too.

I also hate people who constantly seek to do cash jobs to EVADE tax; they are equally as bad IMO. That compounded loss probably amounts to trillions of lost tax revenue. Its as bad as benefit leachers.
Corrected your confusion between the two

Evade tax=illegal

Avoid tax=legal
Old 29 April 2014, 08:02 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Actually cash jobs "off the books" is tax fraud..is Fraud not illegal now? :lol1

It amazing the lengths people go to when trying save paying the VAT or hide a undeclared income.

Last edited by ALi-B; 29 April 2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 29 April 2014, 11:23 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Perhaps because the rate of taxation is too high, and we see so many people getting away with paying less % than we do.

Personally I'd support non-payment of tax. The government waste what they get, never have money for things the country NEEDS, but always seem able to find an extra few £m or even £b for stuff they want to support.
Old 29 April 2014, 12:02 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

This makes no sense. How can tax payers in 2001 have knowlingly aided and abbetted an illegal war which is beyond their power to invoke or stop? (and lest us forget, all the parties were behind the decision at the time)
Old 29 April 2014, 01:35 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Aye.........but based on lies and fabricated evidence.
Old 29 April 2014, 01:36 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by alcazar
Perhaps because the rate of taxation is too high, and we see so many people getting away with paying less % than we do.

Personally I'd support non-payment of tax. The government waste what they get, never have money for things the country NEEDS, but always seem able to find an extra few £m or even £b for stuff they want to support.

I agree with you. The bad way tax money is spent and managed by the goverment is a major issue.

However if everyone didn't pay tax then we'd fall into a state of anarchy. Whilst I like the idea of ideoligcal anarchism, real life anarchy is more comparable to places like Somalia. No ta, I'd rather everyone pays their tax.

Last edited by ALi-B; 29 April 2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 29 April 2014, 01:56 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Actually cash jobs "off the books" is tax fraud..is Fraud not illegal now? :lol1

It amazing the lengths people go to when trying save paying the VAT or hide a undeclared income.
I agree with your comments apart you used the phrase "cash jobs to avoid tax" Evade is the word, but don't worry, even the BBC get the two words mixed up when reporting the latest non important headline
Old 29 April 2014, 05:51 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Really, are you for real?
The most ridiculous comment I think Iv read on any forum.

Quick Reply: Makes my p!ss boil