Notices
Non Car Related Items For sale This forum contains only non car related items for sale by our members.

Monkey bike streetfighter ish

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2012, 04:39 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monkey bike streetfighter ish

I bought this monkeybike 4 years or so ago just to use for commuting to work as was getting tired of sitting in queues of traffic and drinking fuel in the scoob.

I then caught the bug a bit and went to town modifying it! Its had about £1500 spent on it and ive done a fair bit of fabricating and painting. The bike origionally was £400, so to build something similar would cost £2k plus a fair few hours.

Mechanically as standard these bikes arent great past a few thousand miles as the chinese components arent of the best quality. I have replaced all of these items with more reliable and higher performance tuning parts, mainly from a company called ooracing. Now it has the manners, reliability and grip of a big japanes bike.

the engine is a 140, but is still on the v5 as a 110 and the block isnt cc stamped so can be ridden fine on a cbt.

Performance wise its no slouch! Ive played with the gearing a bit and found setting top end to 70 (with me 6'4'' 14stone sitting on it) the best compromise for acceleration.

As its not much bigger than a bmx, as you can imagine its very nippy and awesome fun.

Id like to see £1k for it and im based near Crewe if anyone wants to come for a look.

Current milage is about 3000, but the modifications were done at 1500. Its had regular oil changes and maintenance and has mot and tax till June.

It also comes with all of the parts that were replaced if you fancy returning it back to standard.