Notices

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2007, 06:00 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About Mike Wood

What self respecting Scooby owner hasn't heard of Prodrive? The largest motor sport company in the world, Prodrive has risen to goliath proportions and is now one of the biggest hitters in the business. Lucky for Subaru drivers, they're also Subaru UK's official performance accessory developer.

Prodrive have become synonymous with Subaru performance, from the running of the Subaru World Rally Team, to the delivery of SEVEN special additions for the road going Impreza.

Mike Wood
Known to many ScoobyNetters, Mike heads up the road car programs from the Prodrive base in Warwick. He's been with Prodrive since 1994, and has hand delivered every Subaru Impreza road car project Prodrive has completed including :

Series McRae
22B Type UK
RB5
P1
UK300
WR1
RB320

and according to Mike.. there's plenty more where they came from!

Aside from producing entire car versions, Mike also heads up the performance parts section, including the PPP (Prodrive Performance Pack).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Prodrive_250.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prodrive2_250.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	509  

Last edited by ex-webby; 31 January 2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 28 January 2007, 06:05 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"One of the things I particularly enjoy about the job is dealing with enthusiastic owners. Over the years I've met many, many people and see the same people coming back with new cars. Some have had pretty much every model that we've done over the years.

The only thing that I don't like is the fact that I haven't got anywhere near as much time to talk to everyone as I used to have. Dealer visits to meet customers for demo drives was a regular part of my role in the early years but demonstrating the capabilities of 300+bhp cars on the road isn't possible so this is now done in the relative safety of test tracks such as our own at Prodrive Warwick."

Over the coming months
"I'll be giving you the inside track on how and why we build special versions, a behind the scenes look at life at Prodrive, and a few little exclusives you'll hear here before anywhere else."

Regards

Mike.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Prodrive_250.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prodrive2_250.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	511  

Last edited by ex-webby; 31 January 2007 at 11:44 PM.