Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

reccomended body shops in Birmingham please

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2007, 07:52 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reccomended body shops in Birmingham please

Well had a nice lady drive into my nsf wing last night at robin hood island.... cut across two lanes of stationary traffic and straight into me without looking

On the off chance the insurance wont specify where the car must be taken for repairs.... is there anywhere anyone can reccomend a good job will be done?
Old 26 July 2007, 12:31 PM
shag
Scooby Regular

I would recommend the co/op in wolverhampton its a hyundai/volvo dealer but they have a very good body shop . also a little known fact is you can tell your insurance where you want your car to be repaired!
Old 29 July 2007, 10:52 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rigga
Well had a nice lady drive into my nsf wing last night at robin hood island.... cut across two lanes of stationary traffic and straight into me without looking

On the off chance the insurance wont specify where the car must be taken for repairs.... is there anywhere anyone can reccomend a good job will be done?
Franks Stones in Hall Green. At the back of the dog track. Recommended Subaru repair shop. Always seem's to have scoobs in there.
Old 29 July 2007, 01:13 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Franks Stones in Hall Green. At the back of the dog track. Recommended Subaru repair shop. Always seem's to have scoobs in there.

I work for an Accident Management company who supply replacement vehicle's for the none fault driver. As the None fault driver you can take your car for repair where ever you like not where the insurance recommend.

As mentioned Frank Stone doe's a lot of work for Subaru but my choice would be City Car Care in Bradford St Digbeth. They do all Lotus, Bentley, Tvr , Merc amongst other prestige manufactures. I see there work all the time and it's 2nd to none..
Old 30 July 2007, 09:28 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Frank stones i know off so will pop over there and get a quote,took the car to the garage reccomended by my insurer in Acocks Green today to get the ball rolling,might be a drawn out process depending if the 3rd party tries to deny fault..
The thing that hacks me off though is the fact i have to stump up my excess (£500) to get the car repaired,if the claim goes my way,and id be bloody gobsmacked if it does not,ill get the money back,but the fact that im out of pocket through no fault of my own,and then have to wait for the insurance companies to pull their finger out really pisses me off......

Will have a look for the place in digbeth too...... tanks for the tips guys.
Old 12 August 2007, 05:45 PM
blueburble
Scooby Regular

Digbeth, Coachcraft also. service is great & Friendly staff, underneath the arches turn left @ T-Lights before Cov rd down digbeth.