Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Another Worcester meet success!

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2001, 04:05 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Thanks to all the people that turned out today for the Worcester meet. An absolutly stunning line-up of Scoobs (and GT4 thanks Ian). Hope the drive for some of you through Stratford was a good one.

Pictures to come I hope including a caption competition I believe!
Old 08 April 2001, 05:28 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs down

photopoint ain't working well won't accept any new photos Email me your address and I'll email you the pic,s

Tony,

T5NYW@AOL.COM
Old 08 April 2001, 07:34 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Nice meeting you all, see you or wave next time
ps Sqizz - did you get back safely after letting Karen into the wrong seat

Matthew
Old 08 April 2001, 07:39 PM
Yosser
Scooby Regular

Cool

Great to meet you all - I'll make sure I come along to the next one when I'm up in the Midlands.
Took about 2.5 hours to get back home so not too bad. Had a good run to Stratford !!!
See you soon
Michael
Silver Sti3 5dr
Old 08 April 2001, 07:46 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Drive to Stratford was good. 146mph even better, but front pads now f*cked. Found some pads at Hlfords in Evesham at 3.30. Checked on the phone that they were the correct ones, assured they were, collected them, got back to Stratford . . .wrong fecking pads, plus got £40 ticket in Pay and Fecking Display Just got back courtesy of the AA. Great day apart from that. . . lets do it again sooon !!!

SCOOP
Old 09 April 2001, 01:40 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Cool

SCOOP,
I have had the same problem trying to get NON-genuine F&R pads for my UKMY99 all I kept getting was full set for the MY98 at £42. In the end I had to get Subaru Genuine at £185 Don't make em in DS2000 either the only other I could get were EBC fronts (all colours)

Squizz,
Posted THE picture for the caption game to your Freeserve address. Next meet must have a drive round after the meet would be nice to clear the cobwebs out the exhaust.

Tony

[This message has been edited by T5NYW (edited 09 April 2001).]
Old 09 April 2001, 08:18 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi everyone! What a wonderful turn out, eh?

Great to meet some new faces. Congratulations to Yosser on making it all the way from "darn sarf..." (Via Chipping wossit). And thanks for the ride in your motor - Us boys were well impressed.

Ok Tony, I'll check my other email tonight and post asafp...So watch this thread for some interesting photographs...

On a sour note...

James (P1) Mansfield SMS'd me in the afternoon to say he'd been talked at by the Constabulary, thanks to complaints by residents of the sleepy hamlet of Hallow. (He was our Point of Contact...Not necessarily a speeding maniac - Then again!)

We don't want to mess on our own doorstep, especially as Listers dealership would be less pleased also! Just remember that Hallow is a 30 limit, and achieving that in 1.5 seconds with requisite tyre squealing can be frowned upon also.

A n y w a y...

Great people, good food - Fantastic cars...

I've been spoiled by a monster ride in a P1 and an Sti 3

(Edited for baod spoolung..)

[This message has been edited by Squizz (edited 09 April 2001).]
Old 09 April 2001, 12:23 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

What an excellent turn out.
Due to prior arrangements could not tkae part in the afternoon run. Hope thoses who did, enjoyed it.
Scoop ( how low! ), unlucky. Hope it won't put you off joining us next time.
Squizz, hope your afternoon activities were not too painful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone doing the Hereford meet on the 22 April or the NM5 meet on the 29 April.
So next meet is 6 May ? Can't make Castle Coombe on the 5th.
See you all soon,

Jon
Old 09 April 2001, 03:22 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Cool

Suizz,
have you got James E-mail address as he requested some pictures of the meet. Or could you pass on the one I posted to you.

Tony

Whoops I think I may have gone 30mph, but only just, as I had to pull out the bloke waiting to come in flashed lights for me to go and van coming blind side. No excuses so SORRY to busy looking at the at near dent in drivers door plus a bit of brain fade.

[This message has been edited by T5NYW (edited 10 April 2001).]
Old 09 April 2001, 05:36 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by T5NYW:
<B>have you got James E-mail address as he requested some pictures of the meet. Or could you pass on the one I posted to you.
[/quote]

I haven't received any picces, yet...Hmmm, try my hotmail account, Tony. Then when I get them, I'll reply with Jame's email address rather than posting it up here for all to see.

Actually send them to: piccies@torquingcars.com
Old 09 April 2001, 06:47 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Damn!!!!
Sounds like I missed a good one yesterday. Besides, it was my daughter's 1st birthday. We bought her a drive-car.... Got to put the scooby stickers on it....

Anybody know where I can a smaller version of the scoop?? Perhaps a Nova-sized one

Hope to see you guys at the Hereford meet

Glad you had a good time

Dan
Old 09 April 2001, 07:36 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Cool

Message for T5NYW
Tony here is the website address for the company who supply loadsa cool parts for Impreza`s
Old 09 April 2001, 07:52 PM
Topjimo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi all,

I'm afraid to say that both the police and Lisiters got a few complaints yesterday.

We are lucky to have our meet at a nice pub and next to a scoob dealer,if we want to keep it that way we will need to behave ourselves on the local roads or we will face the same lable as many a cosworth driver!! and will not be wanted anywhere. I know for a fact that we are all inteligent people (because we all drive scoobs) we need to show it.

I don't want to be a party pooper, I like to enjoy my car as much as the next person, but it is total understandable from the residents point of view, our cars are noisy even when driven slowly.

The boys in blue that arrived as I was leaving, and I got a feeling that they knew the score and will be at our next meet (I said nothing) or near by with some lazer.

Peace out all.

James

Old 09 April 2001, 08:30 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

Party poopers!

You are right though James. We must be good to the residants of "Sleepy Hallow"!! Although I can't say that we made more noise than some of a certain dealers mechanics!!!!
Old 09 April 2001, 08:35 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

James,
Couldn`t agree with you more, let common sense prevail if we want to continue having local meetings.
However many of us drive fast cars because we wanna drive fast, obvious really.
But there is a time and a place for such things.
Lets make sure in future that we show consideration and respect to the residents of Hallow.
Cheers
SCOOP
Old 09 April 2001, 08:46 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

...I have waited on this one and now I think its time to post..... I was one of the last to leave the dealers some 45 mins after everyone else left..... just me and James left in the village....I was extremely disappointed to get 50 yds through the village only for a chap out walking to leap off the pavement and give me the w****** sign and shout after me "reckless C***" .... I'm an easy going person but I'm not having this and being tarred with the same brush normally reserved for the Homebase car park brigade....if I get a call from Hindlip police control if this fella got me reg no I'll be ******* livid.....
I'm 22 yrs old and have got 6 points for extravaganze on dual carraigeways..... AND I LEFT HALLOW AT 28MPH!!!!! and thats the truth..
I'm not a hooligan and my competition license is too dear to me to lose it for nobbimg around in a 30 limit......
To this extent I am sad to say that the 8th April 2001 Worcester Meet looks like being my last here there are others elsewhere where I wont get abused...
The excuse of Hallow being a sleepy little village doesnt wash with me, thats why folks pay 250 grand to live there...
See you guys around........
Old 09 April 2001, 08:59 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Angry

I think you are right Rich. The villagers have already got this picture in their minds about scooby owners I know another owner who was accused of speeding in the 60mph zone by a pedestrian and the police gave him grief!

You are so totally right. Next time we shall go elsewhere, or all be law abiding and really annoy the villagers by actually having the police there to show we are law abiding.. perhaps a police impreza LOL!!!
Old 09 April 2001, 09:07 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Question

Richard,
Wots yer problem, surely if you stick to the speed limit as you say you do, you havent got one. Never heard of anyone loosing their licence or getting points at 28mph !!
SCOOP
Old 09 April 2001, 09:43 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

...c'mon scoop who are the police gonna believe mate?? A well respected middle aged villager or a 22yr old in a hi powered motor....

Old 09 April 2001, 09:55 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well Richard,
I`m a well respected middle aged villager, and u can`t believe a bloody word that I say, but then I dont live in Hallow and I do drive a Scooby.
Cheers
SCOOP
Old 09 April 2001, 10:31 PM
Jaz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just to give everyone a smile, as I was on my way over the bridge I caught a flash of a sonic blue, low spoilered, big scooped CAVALIER complemented with a 22B wing and an exhaust pipe even bigger than YOSSERS. I do wonder at times.

Anyway nice to meet you all (thanks for the ride Yosser, I want one) didn't notice any really bad behaviour( you have to exit pub fairly rapid due to its position.

My PIAA's arrived today so I know what I am doing over Easter

John
Old 09 April 2001, 10:44 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Angry

Well I think you are all disgusting, horrible, reckless louts. I parked my GT4 up in the pub car park expecting a nice quiet Sunday afternoon.

Not seconds after I arrived, then lots of these horrible, noisy, Subaru rally-wanna-be-boy-racer types turn up and surrounded my car.

They were all shiny, had these silly big spoilers and silly big dustbin exhausts on them.

And the noise ? Can't you get them tuned or serviced ? Surely they are not all supposed to misfire like that.

I spoke with a few owners, just for research purposes of course. Don't anyone acuse me of judging a book by its cover.

However, further disgusted by all the noise and racket they were making, I made my excuses and left.......

.... giving it large out of the car park in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Seriously, good to see you guys and put faces to names. Maybe we should have the next meet somewhere less snobby (which Hallow is in my experience). There are some great pubs down on the Severn at various locations, maybe something to think about when it gets a bit warmer.

Cheers

Ian

Old 09 April 2001, 10:50 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Gentlemen,

don't forget that perception is reality, and if the residents of Hallow think that we are lunatics, revving our engines and speeding, then that is what they truly believe - despite the facts!

I am sure that _your_ net curtains would be a-twitching if the Max Power Nova Squad parked up in medium to large numbers near to your house.

Normally we hold meets that are miles from anywhere, and maybe take advantage of the remoteness (and the fine, quiet roads). However we do have a responsibility to consider other road (and roadside) users.

If we do have another meet in Hallow, let us all be extra careful and try to put right the harm that we _seem_ to have done.

What does the pub landlord think about this - surely the locals are _his_ customers. He may be getting grief from his regulars - but if he is not, then it could be a nosey mr-no-mates with a bee in his bonnet (who leaps into the road in front of cars!).

Can someone have a word at the Crown to gauge local opinion? I am sure that we would get at least some respect for showing concern!

mb
Old 09 April 2001, 11:02 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

That's rich of the locals to complain.
I normally drive through Hallow at 30-35 mph, and what happens?
Locals pull out in front of you and disappear into the distance or pull out behind you and complain at you for driving too slowly. It's not just Hallow it's all over the place. The locals campaign for a lower speed limit and then think it does not apply to them.
I've got to go to Listers on Thursday, so that will be exactly 30 mph ( indicated ) and in 2nd gear.

Jon

Old 09 April 2001, 11:45 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Jon,

Or 30mph in 1st gear

I know what you mean, loads of people in the local paper praising the 30mph limits in all the villages. The number of times I have followed a car into a 30mph limit and they carry on at 50-60 as I slow down. Then you see them turn into a side road, obviously on their way to their house. Even better is when the same thing happens but they have a "I do 30mph in Worcestershire Villages" sticker in the back window.

Cheers

Ian
Old 10 April 2001, 12:36 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Cheers Rik - the ring should be a laff....
I know the visibility from the pub needs a sharp get away but to continue that sharp get away in 2nd 3rd and then 4th??? Bit OTT IMHO....I may be a little pi55ed off but surely peeps can see my logic?? Next time the place will be crawling in feds,the max power lot will turn up doing burnouts and we'll be in the evening news as a "cruise"-then get hassled for driving scoobs - fellas that aint over reaction and it aint good news......
Old 10 April 2001, 04:48 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Cool

TIOPJIMO,

James will send the Photos of the meet (none of angry ressidents) to your AOL Email address.

SCOOP,
Cheers will have a look at the site in a minute. Any luck with getting non genuine F&R pads.

Tony

Old 10 April 2001, 08:11 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Richard Askew:
<B>...I was extremely disappointed to get 50 yds through the village only for a chap out walking to leap off the pavement and give me the w****** sign and shout after me "reckless C***" ...[/quote]

You're worried about him contacting the police?

Hah!!

If you are contacted, you might want to inform the officer that you want to press charges against the individual responsible...

Abusive or offence behaviour in a public place is contrary to section 4 of the Public Order Act, and as such is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE. (Used to be called Disorderly Conduct).

And of course, you have witnesses...

Time to move on, one and all...Time to move on.

Sorry you and James seemed to end up with the smelly end of the stick.

PS - Good luck for the 'ring!
Old 10 April 2001, 08:13 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Tony!

Thanks for the pics, but I'm stuck at work and I don't have ZIP on the PC (incredible, I know).

I'll post everything tonight.

Cheers.
Old 10 April 2001, 12:25 PM
Jaz
Scooby Regular

They only have one accelerator position fixed at 50mph, nice to be in front of them though and make sure they do 30. Perhaps they are all colour blind and can't see where the Euro red paint mountain ended up.

John

Quick Reply: Another Worcester meet success!