Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Midland Mega Meet 2 Sucess

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2001, 03:04 PM
JCM76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks to all that turned up today, and made my first meet a good one.

Special comendation to the guy in the silver Impreza that gave us all soething to talk about (and with scars to prove it - in the road that is!)

James (white Legacy Turbo)

Old 25 February 2001, 04:46 PM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Cool

Big thanks to everyone who made the effort to turn up.

About 20 ish cars i think, but i`m sure i`ll be corrected. The roads were probably on the greasey side but still a great time was had.

Sorry about the guy( i`m crap with names ) who FLEW big style over the humpback bridge and set off both the airbags and cracked his windscreen, hope ya get it sorted quickly and without to much bother.

Soula, Hope you get the clutch sorted, but that`ll teach ya for buying an Evo

See you all on the next one.

Paul

Old 25 February 2001, 05:08 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Yep, another good one, thanks especially to Paul and Kev for spending time organising this.

A nice 52.2 mile circuit Good lunch and a nice cup of tea.

Mike.
Old 25 February 2001, 05:20 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Great weather _skywards_, rather slippypoos roadwards!

Top marks for Mr MX5, not only were you brave enough to drive with the hood down in the freezing conditions (but thats what it is for, after all!), but i could see the smile on your face in my mirror after EVERY tight bend on the first half of the route - hope to see you at future meets.

Oh, and don't forget to visit
Old 25 February 2001, 05:35 PM
Sieze
Scooby Regular

Cool

I finally got the pictures on the net. If you want to have a look got to
Old 25 February 2001, 06:01 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Seize,

i can't view your pictures for some reason - it is still trying to look on the C: drive for the images. You may want to try relative, rather than actual file names when posting (e.g. ..\pictures\car.jpg)

mb

p.s Oversteer - you are too modest! Good to hear that you have a Scooby n'all!
Old 25 February 2001, 06:12 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Was a good drive and I thouroughly enjoyed it, cheers lads for the excellent organising. Some nice cars and a bunch of decent people, that Impreza Sport is quite nippy shame we didn't get enough time in the Gravel Car Park as I was hoping to demonstrate my creativness

Many Thanks

Harj...
Old 25 February 2001, 06:54 PM
Sieze
Scooby Regular

Pictures should be working now...whoops...
Old 25 February 2001, 07:35 PM
Chez
Scooby Regular

Talking

thanks to paul and kev for arranging such a good day out. The midlands P1 club will be arranging a "take absolutely no notice of the route notes" meet within the very near future!!
Old 25 February 2001, 07:39 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

"Scooby 1 this air traffic control, you are clear for take off."

I was just begining to wonder where this bridge was and then it was too late.

Have flown the scoob many times but not quite so far and with no damage.

Windscreen being done tomorrow, could have got it done tonight but off down the pub for a few stiff drinks.

Will let everyone know how I get on with the bags.

The car drove home with no problems and everything is working and the steering is still dead straight. Got to look underneath car and there is some very light scuffing on the bottom of the front bumper and the towing eyes are a liitle smaller!!!!!!!!!
Otherwise fine and so am I, one tough car.

Special thanks to Martin for following/leading me to the finish.

Jon

Old 25 February 2001, 08:11 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Was that good or what !!

Thanks to everyone who turned out making it a great day.

Looking back it was a very "technical" morning, dry roads onto wet back onto dry then 2mm snow/ice back onto dry tarmac in less than 100yrds very enjoyable though .... but then I'm lucky as I use a few of them back and forwards to work everyday so know the bits to watch out for ...... great day

Harj .. The sport "quite nippy" ... in front of a 22B it should be great run that from the carpark in Bosworth down to Tamworth .. even if you were in my slipstream keeping up

schuey .. Shame about your car, at least we warned you of the bridge .. must of been a shocker to have the bags deploy .. never had it happen so can only imagine what it must of been like .. just a good job there was nothing coming the other way or the road was any narrower else we could of been towing you out of a hedge

Chez .. your gonna have to brush up on your map reading skills .. getting lost in your own backyard ..

Boomer .. great piccies again, your in the wrong job .. but then you did miss the shot of the year so perhaps you had better not giveup your day job ...

Thanks all for a great day .. I already have a few ideas for the next Midlands Meet ..

Kev

Old 25 February 2001, 08:21 PM
Akira
Scooby Regular

Alright Guys,

A most enjoyable day. Awesome range of cars, fantastic driving roads, superb weather and a right crack with a great bunch of people.

Big thanx to Paul & Kev for making it all possible once again. It was as good as, of not better than last years event ... good on 'ya both!! Great to see you back up an running Kev .

Managed at least one heart stopping moment in the TypeR as she decided to have a big oversteery moment whilst on full chat in 2nd.
Caught the slide but managed to give the kerb a kiss with the NSR wheel as i gathered it all back up. Well, it's a memory/momento of a fantastic day!! . I could have commited improbable sexual acts with my baby today as she was going like a train. That cold weather + SUL + Millers sure is a good diet.

Tried to re-enact last years hump back bridge big air moment but alas, i failed! Even after trying a standing start run up for the cameras (i am such a tart) all i managed was zero traction and bouncing off the limiter whilst going over the bridge at a snails pace. The 2001 Big Air Award deffo goes to Schuey (Jon) who was certainly havin it large today. My reign is over ....... long live the king!!!!!

Nice to see a few new faces, Dave, Oliver etc. and obviously catching up with the usual reprobates was as good as ever.

Note to Chez & IanG :- There is life after 5000rpm guys!!! Try a Wherthers Original in your tanks, you just never know.

Soula, hope you get the EVO back on song soon. Just a thought about your dogs, when they bark, do they go E's, A's, Whizz instead of Woof, Woof, Woof??

Cheers
Chris
STI V TypeR V-Limited
Old 25 February 2001, 10:12 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

DOH!

Missed it!

Typical, I was really looking forward to this meet. However, due to my recent redundancy and having just got engaged (To Karen Two-Dinners! )...Petrol money was thin on the ground.

Looks like I've secured a job though, and therefore I get to keep the scoob!

So, I'll look forward to hearing the exploits of you lot on Sunday 4th March at the Crown at Hallow mini-meet.

"Beware, Low Flying Scoobs"
Old 25 February 2001, 10:14 PM
ski
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Fantastic Day!
Really enjoyed the roads,even though they were a touch slippy in places .Hopefully convinced my co-driver to get a scoob as his next car.
Thanks to Paul and Kev for the well organised route.Great people great cars,looking forward to the next meet!

ps.Bill Gwynne rally school tuition came in handy
Old 25 February 2001, 10:30 PM
sourob
Scooby Regular

Cool

Great day,great people,cheers to paul and kev,and i cant help it if my clutch is too hot to handle !!!!!!Soula.DIA8.
Old 26 February 2001, 12:17 AM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

It really was a great day - thanks to all the organisers for taking the time and effort to sort it all out. The roads were fantastic! Pace notes were excellent.

I think the pics on the website are great - shame about the state of the cars!!! Does anybody know what a bucket and sponge are for!!!!!

James
Old 26 February 2001, 12:31 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>- shame about the state of the cars!!! Does anybody know what a bucket and sponge are for!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine had 3 hrs spent being washed on Sat pm - which is why it wouldn't start Sun am ( had the stereo on for too long ) oops.......now its covered in road grime......****
Old 26 February 2001, 12:57 AM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

Ok Richard - your car did look fabulous (for the 5 mins in the car park!!!!!).

And keeping the white cars clean deserves credit!

James
Old 26 February 2001, 07:51 AM
harj
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Squizz Well Done Mate! Im really happyu to hear youve sorted yourself out mate, couldn't be happier for ya! So you don't want the £150K PY job with me then?? LOL

See ya this weekend!
Old 26 February 2001, 09:29 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

wahey......cracking meet guys, well organised and a great route...... never seen a scoob fly that far ( apart from WRC Portugal or 1000 lakes ) Hope to see everyone on the next one.......did I hear rumours of a camping trip?? Next time I'll make sure the car starts better......cheers to boomer for the mail...... see some of you on the Worcester meet next Sunday
Rich
MY97 White Wagon

Old 26 February 2001, 11:55 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Soz I missed it peeps.
One of CK1's wheel bearings has decided to give up the ghost (again!) and I din't want to risk it.
Next time though.

Stef.
Old 26 February 2001, 04:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Paul (no show) Habgood did not make it again!
Would not have bin missed anyway

Sorry yet again to miss another meet - Went out on the 'lash' after Bruntingthorpe and did not get up Sunday morning - well i woke up @ 08:00hrs still suffering and thought it prrudent not to drive - Jenny was in a slightly worse state than i!

Paul
Old 26 February 2001, 06:50 PM
Richie Astridge
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Great day out. Only my second time on one of these days. Schuey - You are the man!! Pete (Ski) - great to see you again. Cheers to Paul and Kev for sorting a great day out - when is the next one??
Thanks again,
Bloke with Blue Prodrive Scooby and gold Speedlines
Old 27 February 2001, 12:32 AM
Jon H
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks guys for making my first meet a most enjoyable one!
Shame the roads were a bit slippy in places (added to the fun i guess!)
Soula, have u got your clutch sorted yet?? Shame u weren't able to keep up...

Thanks again and hope to see u soon!

Jon, blue MY99 'P1 JPH'
Old 27 February 2001, 06:30 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Smile

I`m really glad to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves so much, even if the roads were not as dry as we would have liked.

We will be organizing another meet in the summer, a Wales camping trip towards the end of the spring and also the barmy Black country drinking bus night out, which will sort the men/women from the boys/girls
So keep your eyes open in the Midlands section for forthcoming events.

Cheers

Paul

Old 27 February 2001, 07:52 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

DaveD .. great pictures mate, I like the bit about the sport ... it is a standard UK sport with absolutely no mods ... except the driver

Great to see you all enjoyed it, like Paul said he/we will organise a camping trip to Wales ( like no other you have been on ..not for the faint hearted ) and I already have a few new roads we have'nt used here in the Midlands that I can add and make the next Midlands meet so watch this space !!

Paul .. I still have'nt been subjected to a ride in your fun mobile yet mate

K
Old 27 February 2001, 12:14 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi all

Great day out on Sunday!

I've managed to get some photos together - including in-car shots - at
Old 27 February 2001, 10:35 PM
sourob
Scooby Regular

Wink

Methinks u have more trouble keeping up,or even getting there in the first place and John u know i could have skipped past u no problem!!!