Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Worcester meet success...

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2001, 07:15 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'd like to thank everyone that came along to the meet at the Crown Inn on Sunday 14th January.

A cool day, but with brilliant sunshine to illuminate a collection of 10 cars. (I think!).

Guess who forgot their camera?!

I'm sure I'll get hold of some photos from Tony, Boomer, and Rich - Which I'll post when I steal some more server space.

I'd especially like to thank Karen for eating two lunches , and Ben and Samuel for showing that children can be more mature than a group of blokes in a pub car-park swapping stories.

Special "Big Up, Massif" to the driver of the new BMW 3-series who drove into the car-park, past us all and beeped his horn - Nastily. Then drove off???!????

You'll get your's one day, matey...

So, I've got to get off my lardy butt and organise something more exciting next time! I think a Treasure Hunt will be a good idea, and hopefully sometime soon an airfield day.

1st Sunday of each month people? Let me know how you feel by posting here, or emailling me.

Regards and best wishes,
Squizz.

[This message has been edited by Squizz (edited 14 January 2001).]
Old 14 January 2001, 07:25 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Talking

Rik
See my post on the general forum, cheers for organising it m8
Yep it was about 10 cars in all and I'll mail you the photos as soon as I can, work permitting
True about the nippers being more sensible - never mind they'll grow up!!!!!!
Mr BMW will get a slap if I see him around town of a saturday night but judging by the fact he was about 80 he'll probably be elsewhere
First of the month is fine by me, any one else got ideas, alternatively Sixty and Worcestershire Motor Club meet every Tues night at the Huntsman at Green Street Kempsey - just tell them I sent you, its the best way to get involved in motorsport
Cheers again M8
Rich

[This message has been edited by Richard Askew (edited 14 January 2001).]
Old 14 January 2001, 07:38 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Hi Rik,

Glad it went well. Like the suggestion of a regular meet.

If Tresure Hunt is on the cards, I'd be up for that. Blast around the Malvern Hills too

Sorry couldn't make this one, as I said in email, but next time hopefully.

Cheers

Ian
Old 14 January 2001, 08:17 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

At the risk of upsetting people, I was a little disappointed with the meet.

I got the impression (and I EMPAHSISE 'impression') that if you weren't part of the group, you may as well not have been there.

Because of this, my wife and I didn't make ourselves known to you all. We stayed for about 30mins, had a drink and went home. As we'd travelled nearly 40miles to be there, we spent more time travelling than anything else.

Sorry to **** on the fire, but that's life, and as this was our first meet, it will be our last.

Again I must stress this isn't a bitch at all, before I start receiving stroppy messages - just an observation from an 'outsider'.

Dan
Old 14 January 2001, 08:31 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry about that. I only knew Squizz and his good lady.I think that due to the fact it was a first meet people tend to naturally fall into groups. Sorry to hear that you didn't. Hopefully more events will be organised for our area with more than just a chat in the pub.

It was good to meet fellow enthusiasts though and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Old 14 January 2001, 08:38 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Smile

Although i didn't go to this meet i did go to Donno track day on Saturday, It was my first time and my wife came along too Although i didn't see everyone i did find it enjoyable and most people were very happy to take time to talk. I think if you was to go to another meet ie Oulton park i think you may find it abit better (the more there are the easier it is to make new friends)
Old 14 January 2001, 11:31 PM
JCM76
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry i missed everyone today. By the time me anyd my girlfriend got there, the only scooby in the carpark was a P1 with a scooby doo in the back window (was this you-I was in the white Legacy next to you).
Had a quick walk round listers after we had something to eat, I now want a 22b (roll on lottery win). Hopefully get there earlier next time and meet you all

James

Trending Topics

Old 15 January 2001, 09:15 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ScoobyDoo555:
<B>At the risk of upsetting people, I was a little disappointed with the meet.
[/quote]

I apologise, if that's how it seemed...

I'll take that on the chin, because if I'd made the effort to organise something a little more formal and interactive then that wouldn't have happened. Seems we need a meet & greet as everyone turns up - tricky when one's stuffing one's face!

Please re-consider coming again, especially as I intend to rectify the problem.

It's great to see families coming along too, and that made for a totally refreshing atmosphere.

Sorry again,
Squizz.
Old 15 January 2001, 09:24 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by JCM76:
<B>By the time me anyd my girlfriend got there, the only scooby in the carpark was a P1 with a scooby doo in the back window.[/quote]

Bah!

Hi James! Sorry mate, but I was driving the blue saloon following the green (erm, dirty grey!) saloon going in the opposite direction near Omberesly. I noticed your smashing car...

I was making a dash to Cheltenham, after something came up during the week.

Hope you'll join us again, and I apologise profusely. (Which is becoming a habit!).

Cheers,
Squizz.
Old 15 January 2001, 09:27 AM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry I wasn't there but I had a peice of metal missing from my discs after Dono and needed to change them, Squizz you woman! Organise the next one QUICK cus im gonna show you up hopefully see some of you lads at Oulton

Old 15 January 2001, 09:49 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Harj - Thanks for not making me apologise again!

I saw your tale of woe on the BBS last night, so don't worry mate. Just get it fixed ready for Oulton. Hopefully, I'll be granted a pass-out from mein Fuhrer, (Karen two-dinners ) and I'll be coming along to Oulton as a spectator.
Old 15 January 2001, 10:05 AM
JCM76
Scooby Regular

Squizz

Spotted you too, but carried on anyway just in case anyone was left. It was worth the trip just for the food i thought, and then to drool over the 22b for dessert. Hope to see you next time
Old 15 January 2001, 06:44 PM
John Keepax
Scooby Regular

Smile

Squizz, from a newby point of view, the three of us thought it was a good day for an unofficial event and not knowing anybody.We were made to feel welcome at all times. Until the next one, or when we pass you in Tescos!!
Old 15 January 2001, 08:08 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

I'm glad that most people enjoyed the day out, those that didn't must come again and this time introduce yourselves. None of us were a group or a clique cos I for one didnt know anyone ( apart from Squizz who I'd met a couple of times about 6 yrs ago )and it certainly was unintentional if you felt left out..........as for the late comers your due time was mid day so you were OTL ( a road rally joke )
Rich

Old 15 January 2001, 09:46 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I didn't expect such a positive response! :-0

rest assured, next meet I'll make myself known rather more 'publicly'!!!!!

2nd time lulcky eh? ;-)

Dan (Silver MY95 5dr)
Old 16 January 2001, 09:20 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

"Are we Cool ?"...Cool!

Right then, things can only get better from here.

I've been contacted by the local SIDC rep, regarding a Treasure Hunt he's already organising which should be good. No doubt we'll all be informed of that in due course. Keep 'em peeled.

Otherwise I'll continue on the same theme myself, as you can't get too much of a good thing, can you!

My plan is to get everyone together for an hour at a local beverage selling establishment . Then set everyone off on the hunt for an hour or two, and finally meet back up again at the pub. Have a drink, a chat, and the announcement of the winner(s).

I'm hoping to go to Oulton Park on the 27th, (petrol allowance withstanding), so if anyone wants a convoy from the Worcester locale please let me know.

Any other ideas for events will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Squizz.
Old 16 January 2001, 09:38 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Tony, I'm guessing it was you who emailled my hotmail account. I've replied, so please re-try sending the photos to the new given address where we should have more luck.

Either that, or zip the files down to less than 1 meg, and re-send to my hotmail.

Then I can post your "David Bailey" skills for all to admire.

Ta,
Squizz.
Old 19 January 2001, 09:59 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Smile

Squizz,

thanks for arranging the meet, and sorry that it took so long to reply - been down in Cirencester/Bibury for the week. Nice relaxed and informal meet, excellent (if somewhat confused) food, and fantastic weather. I'll post my pictures soon, but at the moment my dial-up "bandwidth" is somewhat restricted as i am downloading 1200 e-mails (subscribed to an e-group in the _wrong_ way methinks!).

Mr. BMW 3-Series is probably _still_ trying to find a parking space, unlike Mrs Red Corsa(?) who insisted on parking ****-out between the fine line of Scoobies!

Dan (Scoobydoo555) - i only knew ONE other person at the start of the meet (and he didn't arrive until 30 minutes later), but i did recognise Squizz from his VBH photo, so i "joined the gang". Scooby drivers are from all walks of life (despite the apparent IT bias!), so there is bound be be some common interest with/between everyone. Don't feel intimidated - come along and say hi next time - even "sport" drivers are welcome

Harj,

was that "metal missing from your disk" part of your tricycle? Having problems driving westwards are we

All, 22B - Mmmm, Doughnuts!

Cheers,

mb

p.s.

Seems like only 554 e-mail have downloaded so far (ouch!) - i guess that i better read them!
Old 20 January 2001, 06:00 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I hereby formally announce that with immediate effect "Karen Two-Dinners" will no longer be recognised as an official title for my wonderful partner.

Instead she will go by the full title of:

"No Karen, put the carving knife down, I promise I won't call you that again, ever..."

or

"Karen".

Thankyou for your attention.
Old 22 January 2001, 10:16 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by T5NYW:
<B>SQIZZ,

I have sent individual pictures to both your E-Mail addresses so hope fully the will get through one or other..[/quote]

Thanks Tony. I'm currently trying to get the pictures posted here. Thanks for your efforts sending them to me individually - Made all the difference.

Seeya at Oulton, you "boy" racer!

Old 22 January 2001, 12:52 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile

SQIZZ,

I have sent individual pictures to both your E-Mail addresses so hope fully the will get through one or other..
My wife enjoyed the meet holding the baby and the meal etc. and notice that due to her nagging at me for going to fast I managed 180 miles on tank of feul excellent NOT. The most boring drive from Hereford to Worcester. I have ever had.
Never mind see you all at Oulton Park think I'll be stopping somewhere sat night so I can have a few beers out at Chester.

Tony

[This message has been edited by T5NYW (edited 22 January 2001).]
Old 22 January 2001, 09:56 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Talking

Well i have managed to get of my lardy-**** and post some pictures (there are only a few) at:
Old 23 January 2001, 09:14 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Boomer - Top notch bit o' HTML and some great piccies. Nice one mate!

Tony - Do you ever get lumpy idle or hesitant response? Only Darren and I have been talking about your fuel consumption. Either your surname is really "Burns", or your MAF sensor is knackered, or you need an ECU reset !
Old 23 January 2001, 12:07 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sqizz,
Glad to see you got them okay but next time will have to make them smaller!! Takes to log to down load and the page to update,

See you at Oulton park I will probably stopover Saturday night for a few pints in chester !!.

ps Will still have to look for a fuel leak only managed 180 miles to 50 ltrs even with the misses nagginig "your going to fast and gonna throw up".
But will still prefer to have fun, get 160 miles and some ear defenders, Love her!!

Tony
Old 23 January 2001, 07:02 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Tony,

Re: Picture size. I use Adobe PhotoDeluxe to reduce the resolution down to 72dpi (all that you really need on a screen) and i am sure that other packages can do similar. You can also increase the JEPG compression to shrink things further, but it can look messy. What was your original resolution? Mine is 2400*1800 which takes up around 1.7MB in the camera, but a bit of furtling takes it down to between 50KB and 100KB for the full size (and 5KB to 10KB for the thumbs).

Squizz,

ah, the delights of Visual Notepad (glad you liked it!). Much better HTML than FrontPage could ever achieve

mb
Old 24 January 2001, 09:57 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by T5NYW:
<B>Glad to see you got them okay but next time will have to make them smaller!! Takes to log to down load and the page to update

Tony
[/quote]

Blimey, I already reduced them to a decent size to fit the BBS page. I didn't have time to optimize for browsing though.

Maybe if I'd cut off all that tarmac and sky, eh?
Old 24 January 2001, 11:52 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

squizz,

I going up at about 5:00 am Saturday morning from Hereford up the A49? Will been stopping up at Chester Saturday night though. Just to unwind.

Tony
Old 26 January 2001, 05:33 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by T5NYW:
[B]

I going up at about 5:00 am Saturday morning from Hereford up the A49? Will been stopping up at Chester Saturday night though. Just to unwind.

If you live in Hereford, I'm living in Leominster (ignore my profile - long story)

Meet up sometime? Making the effort to actually know somebody at the next meet ;-)

Dan

Old 27 January 2001, 10:13 AM
schuey
Scooby Regular

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't visited the bulletin board for a month, as I have been busy sorting out a flydrive to Canada, taking in Baseball, the Canadian F1 GP and Niagra Falls.

What happens? I miss a meet on my doorstep.
Well p***ed off.

Hope the next ones not too far away.

Jon

Old 28 January 2001, 03:03 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Hope the next ones not too far away.

Hopefully between Squizz, myself and Fizz we will have a convoy up to Donno trackday on the 18th Feb... then back to Worcs via a pub for a meal ( or 2 in Karens case) ..... flame retardent 2 layer Nomex suit on

Quick Reply: Worcester meet success...