Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

ECU TEK 3 remap in w.mids/worcs

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2004, 06:37 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ECU TEK 3 remap in w.mids/worcs

Hello to all Droitwich/Worcs lot who may well remember me from over a year ago, back with broadband now, how addictive is this? Still got my Black MY01 wagon with morettes that I was so reluctant to modify, saw Squizz in worcester recently, still live in Droitwich. Well now things are different and I want the advice of you guys on a few choice mods.

My WRX is standard and now out of warranty and all mine, crap trade in and not so keen on new model prevented a trade up so time to pep things up a little, posted in general forum about options of a ECU TEK 3 re-map, exhaust and air filter etc versus PPP, I can get a used PPP for a grand (fitted) but one guy advised a re-map and exhaust which will get better results on my 1500 quid budget.

Tony and Squizz lost me on tuning mods when I went to meets but now wanna go for it, in my place what would you do, budget as above, looking for moderate not excessive improvements and nothing better that recommendations from your expert minds, one thing though dont want to do a de-cat option as would that mean i have to have the thing re-fitted every Mot time? Also I did once have a modded courtesy car with some exhaust mod that meant engine light stayed on and it had to have some trick box to tell the car it was all ok, anyone know owt about that? released a lot of power by all accounts.

Dont recommend Listers to me they have well lost my good will now. Advice on components and fitting please, distance not a huge problem for right deal.

I would love to join you all in Droitwich on Wed 29th Dec but off to Edinburgh for Hogmanay that day.

Hope you can help me out.

Ian
Old 21 November 2004, 08:52 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

I would recommend you talk to Bob Rawle at BR Developments
but basically you should consider losing some of the cats, keeping the one in down pipe would give you an MOT pass. decent panel filter such as the Green Filter (JW Racing or TSL) and then getting Bob to remap it.
ken
Old 21 November 2004, 10:59 PM
wrx bill
Scooby Regular

Location: erm erm erm well it does lots to the gallon but it aint a scoob doh

i say the same speak to Bob he will give u all the advice u need also Olley Clarke at roger clarke motor sport knows a thing or to about parts
hope this helps paul
Old 22 November 2004, 05:57 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that advice can you give me some contact details and location info for the people you recommend please? Ta!
Old 22 November 2004, 06:06 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Had my Tek 3 done at TSL last month, still got a stupid big grin on my face.
Old 22 November 2004, 06:31 PM
DoctorEvil
Scooby Regular

You could try Powerstations in Cheltenham. They do nothing but Subarus now. £1500 could go a long way and they have the dyno.

It all depends on what you want to achieve with the wagon. The mod list is endless, addictive and will escalate in cost. However, be warned that with modifications you will gain power but will sacrifice reliability. For my part a few choice mods to keep it on the sweet side of 300 bhp marker would suffice. Anything above that would make the car's driving charateristics unpredictable (unless your name is vin diesel ).

There's my 2 pence worth. Now where did I put that front mounted intercooler and NOS kit with 500CC injectors?
Old 22 November 2004, 08:29 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

you will be on this side of 300 with a uk wrx as it has the smaller td04 turbo
Old 23 November 2004, 07:56 AM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

BR Developments are one of the authorised advertisers their banner appears quite often. Bob is based in Swindon and does the re map with you driving the car. an experience in its self .
ken
Old 24 November 2004, 09:24 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Ian,

An ECUTEK remap by Bob and some induction/exhaust mods should eat up that budget nicely, but give tremendous improvements and be totally reliable.

Old 24 November 2004, 06:34 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Im running over 300+bhp on a Uk spec impreza, no problems yet, as long as you dont drive round like a loon all the time, and look after it, and change the oil regular, then you shouldnt have many problems, i think around the 300bhp mark is a nice safe output, and im happy with that sort of power with torque to match, and i can concentrate on other things on the car like suspension and brakes.
Old 26 November 2004, 08:22 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

280-300bhp out of the TD04 turbo on a uk turbo is quite effective

Last edited by chrisp; 26 November 2004 at 08:27 PM.