Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

=+= MENCAP Classic Tour - 29th May, Entry Forms available now =+=

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2003, 06:26 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so not technically Midlands, but we had Scoobs from all over last time!

Hello all,

It's that time again!! I've been looking forward to this again since last year - Let's see if we can get even more Scoob's along this year The Tour is a fun drive with rally notes provided - it is not a race or timed competition so all can take part

This years event promises to provide yet another superb days motoring through spectacular Wiltshire, Somerset and Devon Countryside, exploring roads and scenic vistas to delight the most discerning participant.

All the roads will be metalled and non-damaging, the start will again be from Warminster, oprtunity to stop for coffee on route, lunch halt will provide te opportunity to refresh yourselves, either by your own picnic or from the resturanct at the lunch halt.

The finish as usual, will be within the 70 acre parkland setting of Lufton college with a traditional Somerset cream team, with a charity auction and rewards ceremony, entertainment in the evening for those wishing to stay late (or over night).

The entry fee of £25 will include the road book, commemorative rally plate, crew of 2 people, cream tea, awards, barbeque and evening entertainment (so a bargin really )

Camping withing the grounds (security is there all night) is available for those wishing to do so (this is what we did last year) and this year there is also limited campus accomodations should you wish to "camp" in a bedroom, some twin rooms, most singles - bring your own sleeping bags (£5 single, £7.50 twin, just to cover cleaning costs). And breakfast is available in the morning for a small charge.

The route will cover approximately 130 miles in two halves passing through some of hte best countryside the West Country has to offer, market towns and pictureque villiages, many of which will offer you the opportunity to sample and purchase local specialities.

The 2003 event raised over £5000 and we had an excellent time, pictures from last year are available here: on the Hantsscoobies website , it'll give you an idea why we can't wait for the next one! I'm sure a few who went last year will give their testimonys (or as seen in True Grip) Review available here

I have the application forms here, or if you'd like more info, drop me aline if you'd like me to send one to you jen@hantsscoobies.plus.com, 023 8090 5965 or 07781 908156 , just let me know your address Or contact the organisers at MENCAP direct: Dave Bullen: 07775 734801. STI SPUD (Rach) will also be able to answer your questions

Looking forward to it guys!!

Jen

Old 02 January 2004, 03:47 PM
Rusty.
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Looks interesting Jen, plus in the name of a good cause Could you drop me a line with more info and I'll see if I can rustle up some Northern interest for a change of driving scenery

Thanks, Jon
Old 02 January 2004, 07:37 PM
Nev_B
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I am really interested in this one. If you e-mail me anymore info, I will cover the Staffs/Shrops area. Hopefully a few of the guys will be up for this one.

For clarity, is this a 2 day event then on bank holiday weekend?

Cheers

Nev
Old 08 January 2004, 08:08 PM
Nev_B
Scooby Regular

Free BTTT.
Old 18 January 2004, 01:25 PM
Rusty.
Scooby Regular

Top - still waiting for info please
Old 19 January 2004, 09:10 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Nev - you should have the forms by now

Rusty - reply on Peanut's thread in Southern for you Sorry about the delay, had a few personal problems recently which have kept me away from SN, but hopefully all back to "normal" now

Jen
Old 19 January 2004, 10:28 PM
Nev_B
Scooby Regular

Yes Jen I got the forms. Does look a great meet.

Hopefully a few of the guys are up for it, so will hope to see you there.

Any Staffs/Shrops need a form, let me know. Serious enquiries only tho please.

Nev