Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

##Country roads, cream teas, pub lunches, BBQ's and camping - and all for Charity! ##

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2003, 09:21 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

(not sure if it's too far for you guys, but I like to give you the choice! )

RIGHT! All you Midlands lot (and anyone else who wants to join in ) ...this looks like an excellent opportunity for a massive social and driving event whilst raising alot of money for MENCAP

STISPUD (commonly known as Rach ) and her Dad are organising the MENCAP Classic fundraiser this year, essentially a group of classic and "interesting" cars meet up at Warminster and drive down to Lufton Manor in Yeovil stopping for a pub lunch on the way. It's all to raise money so it will cost £25 (per car, 2 people), for that you get cemorative rally plate, road notes, cream tea on arrival at the finish, and a BBQ and live music in the evening - bargin if I so say so myself! We'd also hope as many cars will annoy family/friends/unwanted aqaintances for as much sponsorship money as possible

Vales of Yeovil have agreed to sponsor the Subaru class, don't know what prizes etc yet but they're bound to be good

We'd also be looking at the possibility of camping over down in Yeovil so we can make the most of the opportunity of having a few drinks afterwards! ..and of course an artistic photoshoot outside the manor (may need Dyney and Gossy for this one ), the perfect opportunity to get to know your fellow scoob owners.

The date is Saturday 24th May so I'm telling you now to give you maximum opportunity to put in in your diaries, of course I'll also ensure I remind you all near the time

Can we make this the biggest Subaru fundraising event yet?

Any questions to me or Rach (STISPUD) ...thanks,

Jen

[Edited by Jen - 2/13/2003 9:28:32 AM]