Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Broad Street Bash.........."The day after"

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2002, 02:34 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well what a great night, seems like everyone had a great night even the older ones. I think I've damaged my singing voice though, can't think how
But boy did I pay this morning, had 6, yep 6, visits from Cardinal Chunder and I couldn't even eat any breakfast either, Heather said it was lovely though[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Anyway feeling much better now thanks to some Ribena and Monster Munch
Big thanks to Pete who got us into clubs and curry house, and showed us a good time. Great to see all the old faces and some new ones, Muppet Paster I think his name was, he was very quiet
though as most muppets usually are when out from behind the screen,

Here's to next year, and I nominate the hotel we stayed in for us all, as it's only £35 p/person, and only cost us £3 for all night parking plus it's B+B, not that I noticed

CRAFT

BTW, where did KEV sneak off to, eh, eh

[Edited by CRAFT - 12/8/2002 2:39:02 PM]
Old 12 August 2002, 06:42 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Cool

After managing to meet up with Michelle & Richard on Grizedale (what where the chances of that happening) and the delays with waiting for the stage to close I was glad we got to Birmingham at all

It was wierd wandering around at 22:45 stone cold sober!

Broad Street is a fantastic place, and with Pete's VIP tour package we were whisked straight in past the queues

Had a great time in RISA, what a place! Some fantastic sights too! I even somehow got a snog from a cracking brunette, without trying, which I should have took further.

I was drinking two bottles at a time to catch up with the 17:30 starters but still managed to wake up this morning with a clear head (although Richard's snoring meant I was up at 9:30 )

A quick Macdonalds brekie and a lap of the block was all I needed to wake me up - then I went back to get the other two up & about.

Scooby spotting from the 6th floor we heard CRAFT leave (how many laps of the tunnels did you manage? )

Great to see you all again, & hope Jason isn't suffering too much

Long may it continue!

Had a couple of hours this afternnon & off to bed by 7pm tonight!

[Edited by CharlieWhiskey - 12/8/2002 6:46:41 PM]
Old 08 December 2002, 03:40 PM
ChrisB

Cool

But boy did I pay this morning, had 6, yep 6, visits from Cardinal Chunder
LMAO The only thing I did was spill Lucozade Sport before I went to bed, and then again when I got up. 11.45 I thought I best check what time you have to check out by. 12 was the answer. Bugger

Top night folks. Cheers to Pete for getting us into places and hence avoiding freezing to death outside Risa.

A really good laugh - look forward to next year
Old 08 December 2002, 04:14 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

Hi guys,

Thanks for a great evening all round. Thanks to Pete and his superb blagging skills for getting us in the best places on Broad Street.

After spending 4 hours travelling to the Grizedale stages (got up at 3am after 2 hours sleep!!!!) then spending around 10 hours freezing my *** off marshalling on corner 22, then travelling just over 2 hours to get to Brum, I was pretty knackered.

A couple of VK Blue's brightened me up, but I was so cold and tired that I had to call it a night at the curry house - whereby I spent most of the early hours of the morning watching the Bitesize GCSE program on physics!!!

I woke up feeling well and look forward to having a small get together before I fly off.

Cheers again everyone, it was brilliant to see you all again.
Old 08 December 2002, 07:44 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wow what a top nite folks

Thanks to Pete for 'access all area's' ... really top time, drank faaarrr tooooo much Southern Comfort than was good for me, never stopped on for the curry but as one ot two of us helped our selves to the buffet at some office party I reckon I ate enough

Great to see you all again .... roll on the next time we all get together .. never dissapointed .. gets bettter every time

TTFN
Old 09 December 2002, 10:17 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sorry I couldn't make it down. Sounds like you had a fantastic time.
I finally decided that i had to stay to celebrate with Jono who won the overall beginners section of the 205 rally challenge in this deciding final round. He needed my help to finish his champagne
Seriously tho, I really wanted to go to this, but figured that this was a once in a lifetime thing for really close mate. Really made up for him. Definately coming to the next one please
Michelle, Chris, sorry, those text replies weren't from me, Boys will be boys ( Paul! )
Old 09 December 2002, 03:04 PM
Little Miss WRX

Unhappy

I won't be able to come to the next ones.

This was my last one and my leaving do.

Pass on my congratulations to Jono
Old 09 December 2002, 05:40 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Wink

Guilty as charged of being a quiet muppet!

Next time i'll wear a loud shirt to try to louden myself up!

Old 10 December 2002, 09:34 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Cool

Craft, hope you are feeling better now.........hmmmmm, stay off that stella mate

Chelle, I will pass your congrats on to Jono, spect his heads size has reduced by now , I know his stomach has,as I had to witness a Craft special .........why do I make men sick?
Sorry to have missed your official leaving do.......I'm sure we can fit in another little one before you jet off
I was looking forward to meeting "name badge", fellow quiet type