Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Staffordshire Treasure Hunt RESULT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2002, 08:56 PM
Little Miss WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

First of all many, many thanks to EVERYONE who turned up to the event, I am glad you all enjoyed it.
Out of the 25 odd cars that we had planned for, only 8 showed up. For those of you who didn't come, boy did you miss out.

Absolute top marks to Scoobyworld who donated the top prize which was a fantastic Afterburner back box and centre section manufactured by Haywood and Scott.

The lucky winners were Jon (Rusty Festa) and Tia who scored a fantastic 50 out of 56 in the Treasure Hunt.
Although they have a Sport model, Scoobyworld were more than happy to provide a Sport compatible exhaust.
Thanks for donating the prize Wendy and thank you very much for coming along to the finish pub to speak to the winners.

Second prize was a lovely set of TSL car mats, donated by.........you guessed it - TSL Motorsport
This set was won by Dave D and Rachael who scored a close 49 out of 56.
Many thanks to Graham and Sue who came along and completed the Treasure Hunt and thank you very much for donating the prize - shame you had to shoot off

Third prize was a cartoon style picture of the McRae WRC car donated by Prosport (Subaru Manchester)
Ths was picked up by Paul (casper555) and Rich.

Fourth prize was a bottle of Hardy's chardonnay donated by The Three Crowns pub who sectioned off an area of the pub for us (as I said there would be approximately 60 people........but there wasn't )
Team goober - Gareth, scooped up this prize, scoring 48 out of 50

LAST place was awarded to the much loved muppet Jonto He scored a fantastic 32 out of 50 and picked up an SWRT suspension style ball pen for the humiliation

Fifth place went to TaviaRS (Jon)
Sixth place to Graham and Sue
Seventh place to Darren

My own personal thanks goes to CharlieWhiskey who travelled over from Derby to do recces often over 100 miles at a time whilst putting up with me telling him to do this and that LOL
He has the patience of a saint, that's all I can say!!! Even at my most rattiest and pessimistic moments when I thought things were going to fail, he would just tell me to buck myself up and get on with it
The last couple of days have been hell, late nights till 4am madly writing up the routes, formulating questions, last minute recces, finalisations, aguments with photocopiers, tantrums with printers. Whatver could have gone wrong DID!!!!!

I am absolutely knackered, this morning I was filled with deep disappointment at the lack of show, but the enthusiasm from the contenders was enormous (obviously, because they had more chance of scooping the top prize ) and the continued support from the sponsors filled me with pride

The day was a success despite the fecking weather [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I am glad everyone enjoyed the day, I certainly did - eventually!!!!
I kinda look forward to the next one which I will definitely make sure is in the summer and planned in advance!!!!!

Cheers for everything

Now let's see more of you attend - I have had emails from more companies offering prizes for the next one so you had better make sure you are in on it!!!!

Michelle.

PS, sorry for being late - but I have a reputation to uphold

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 10/20/2002 9:01:06 PM]
Old 20 October 2002, 09:03 PM
Little Miss WRX

Red face

How could I forget!!!!!!!

As the event was in honour of Nick Wild I printed off some donor card templates, of which one was taken away
Nearly £100 has been raised which will go to Hope Hospital ICU in Manchester where Nick was cared for.

A lot more could have been raised with a bigger attendance.

Michelle
Old 20 October 2002, 09:11 PM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

Had a great time coming last ! Just went along for the drive really ! Honest !

A big thumbs up for Chelle and CW for the obvious hard work and a big thumbs down for all of you who said you would show and didn't !

Had a great day ! and guess what ? no dognuts !

[Edited by Jonto - 10/20/2002 9:12:23 PM]

[Edited by Jonto - 10/20/2002 9:12:56 PM]
Old 20 October 2002, 09:14 PM
Little Miss WRX

Talking

Or doughnuts

I do believe your poor clutch had a rest too
Old 20 October 2002, 09:44 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hello all,

We had been looking forward to this for weeks and so were not going to be put off by a bit of wetness falling out of the sky

We had a really good time exploring the Staffs countryside - so much so Tia couldn't stop me from going off route at every opportunity

It is quite obvious from the route and questions how much work Michelle and CW had put into this event that it was a shame so few turned up

Our thanks to all the Staffs scoobynetters who made us feel welcome. Looking forward to seeing you all in our part of the world when we do our next Northern run where I shall be Sporting my lovely new exhaust. Thanks again to Scoobyworld and Hayward & Scott for the fantastic prize of the Afterburner exhaust - keep your eyes peeled for the before and after piccies in the members section

Cheers, Jon and Tia

[Edited by Rusty Festa - 10/21/2002 6:40:40 PM]
Old 20 October 2002, 10:07 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

We had an excellent day... the treasure hunt was great fun. As Dave said... he's never seen so many scoobies driving so slowly!

Afternoon route was cool too. In fact, at the end of it, we both said that we wish we'd done the longer route, and not got stuck behind that slow fiat. (Even I drive faster than that! )

We really appreciate the effort that went into the organisation for this event, thanks for your hard work.

Rachael (and Dave)
Old 20 October 2002, 10:30 PM
casper555
Scooby Regular

Cool

once again thank michelle and cw for a great day ...id call you and thank you personally but not seen any phone boxes on the way home ...lmao ......didnt take long to get home no fiats in front of me .lol 40 mins from the last pub ..hope to see you all soon
michelle think you need to rest ..lol id stay in bed tomorrow oh i can.....im off work all week .. my scooby pic will be up above the puter tomorrow ..

[Edited by casper555 - 10/20/2002 10:31:13 PM]
Old 21 October 2002, 12:05 AM
ChrisB

Here's the big question...

Who rung me on their mobile? But didn't realise (phone in coat pocket?) and left me a seven minute answer phone message of pub background noise?

I could hear people talking, but couldn't make out any voices until I recognised ChrisP saying something about a Terzo?

Old 21 October 2002, 08:43 AM
robman
Scooby Regular

Good to see at least some people turn up despite the evil weather. Sorry I couldn't do the route itself, but after freezing my nuts off from 9 a.m. with the others who foolishly believed the start time would be adhered to, I feel I at least got to bond with my fellow scoobynetters :-)

Whilst doing my dad duties in the wife's 206 (trying to get nipper to sleep) I saw a black wagon heading to the start point. I saw it again heading the other way so I hope whoever it was managed to catch CW as he hovered around the tech park looking all suspicious :-)

Well done to 'Chelle and CW for the brilliant organisation and to all of the sponsors, business and others alike.

R
Old 21 October 2002, 09:24 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Hi Chris

My phone was in my pocket but I dont know if I rang you but your name is in my phone. I forgot to lock the keys so it may have been me, sorry .

Cheers

ChrisP
Old 21 October 2002, 09:49 AM
nathan burrell
Scooby Regular

A big thank you to Michelle and CharlieWiskey for a fun day out, enjoyed it very much, will look forward to the next one.

Bye the way, I thought I came 5th ?!!

Regards

Nathan

Old 21 October 2002, 09:56 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Chris what happened afetr 7 mins did your answerphone switch off ?

Just wondering if my phone cut off or I ran out of credit

Cheers

ChrisP
Old 21 October 2002, 10:10 AM
ChrisB

I heard somebody get into the car, shut the door and then it cut out.

No worries mate, kept me ammused for a while when I got home from the gym
Old 21 October 2002, 11:03 AM
WendyT
Scooby Regular

Thanks to everyone for taking part and it was a pleasure to be involved.

I would also like to give my thanks to the manufacturers of the "Afterburner" exhaust, Hayward and Scott for their generous donation.

p.s I hope you are all using your lovely new keyrings!!

Old 21 October 2002, 11:22 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well done Michelle and Chris for all the hard work you put into this. Have to agree with you about Chris, he's an absolute star.

Anyone who didn't go missed out on some real fun with a great crowd Wasn't sure what it would be like, but surprised myself by really getting into it. Not sure if I was a help or a hindrance to Gareth and Pete, but thanks anyway for the lift..... probably a hindrance as the only one I was convinced we were right on was wrong!

Well done to Rusty Festa and Tia, it would be a pleasure to come up on your next run and check out your prize
Special mention for Tavia doing it on his own.....having spurned my dubious offer of help, he was the one to beat
Still, he is forgiven now after offering to chuck me round the ring, not that I'll be ticking the days off

Chris B, I often get stray calls like that cos I'm usually first in their phone book Got a stray text message on Sat night, mind you, don't mind getting them from good looking young charmers, haha, oops, hope he doesn't check this thread out

Michelle, got some dosh in an enevelope, sorry, forgot to give it you in the pub so I'll double it. Can you mail or text me your address so I can send it straight off, Ta! I'm sure there will be more people at the next one after the good result from yesterday and the generous prizes. Put me down now!

Amanda
Old 21 October 2002, 06:30 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Talking

I am using my alter ego as I am on another PC - after that weekend, I think I deserve a break, so I am taking one

Nathan, I will check up on that, I tried to remember the order off the top of my head, so apologies if I have got it wrong!!!!

Amanda, I will drop you a text to let you know my address babe Thanks very much for coming along and being patient whilst Chris and I were madly putting the route together!!!!
I agree with you about Jon (Tavia) - what a nutter, he should have taken up your offer to have a lovely blonde sitting next to him - I think you might have put him off though LOL

What else, erm......just trying to think!!!!

Big thanks to IanW for contacting Scoobyworld else we would never have had their generous offer of the back box!!!!!

That's all I can think of for now..........will post again on Wednesday as that is when I will next have access LOL

Michelle.

[Edited by MichelleWRX1994 - 10/21/2002 7:49:32 PM]
Old 21 October 2002, 06:42 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Michelle - YHM (Hotmail)
Old 21 October 2002, 07:08 PM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for a nice day out Shell, good fun and a lovely route. Nice to see you all again.

Amanda, you know its only because I wouldn't have been able to control myself

You did remember it right Michelle, I was 5th.

Oh well, must try harder next time.
Old 21 October 2002, 07:11 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Cool

What can I say? I've been away from a PC since Saturday (was in bed in a hotel by 9pm last night) after a very tiresome, but fun, weekend.

It was all worth it in the end, shame more people didn't turn up but that would have just been more papers to mark!

Big thanks to the sponsors! I know Michelle is the best blagger on Scoobynet (with a little help from IanW) but even I was overwhelmed with their generosity!

Michelle, let me know when you get back & I may just reunite you with your CD's

Thanks to those of you who turned up & made it worthwhile
Old 21 October 2002, 07:42 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

looked ace-well done i did pop along but didn't take part-but will hopefully next one
Old 21 October 2002, 07:49 PM
ianfergus0n
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Folks,

Sound like you all had a great time.... Appologies again for being a no show but I had to do some work.

Spoke to Rich (333) yesterday for those who don't know, Sarah his wife gave birth to a bouncing boy named Thomas, So I guess that's why he was unable to come, he asked me to say sorry to you all.

Oh yeah I hope the weather wasn't too bad as it p1ssed down all day in Milton Keynes, however the trip was worth it... santa's a little more flush.

And I did see some police cars.... 2 T5's, 1 Omega, 2 Range Rovers and another T5 all chasing an EVO VI up the M1 just past Watford Gap services at 3 am.... estimated speed 150 +++

See ya round.
Old 21 October 2002, 08:09 PM
goober
Scooby Regular

Thanks to those who put the work in, to the sponsors and to Team Goober. Excellent day out, I'm off to slurp the winnings in front of 5th Gear!

Gareth
Old 21 October 2002, 10:18 PM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

Goober - did you get my mail ?

Anybody watch top gear last night ?

I thought it was quite good, and i love 'The Stig'
Old 21 October 2002, 11:48 PM
DodgeT
Scooby Regular

"I thought it was quite good, and i love 'The Stig' "

does your gfriend know about this jonto!!!????

that zonda was awesome, i want one, i want one!!!!!!
Old 22 October 2002, 08:00 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Talking

Michelle, Jon

Didn't need to be patient, I understood. It was easy to make my own entertainment...scary eh
Old 22 October 2002, 07:42 PM
goober
Scooby Regular

Jon yhm
Old 23 October 2002, 08:03 PM
pwig
Scooby Regular

Right im back from Edinburgh.

Thanks to everyone for mentioning me, I know my contribution was valued

Great day, thanks to CW and Chelle for organising it, shame only a handful could be arsed to come along.

Glad to hear that you raised so much money.

Jonto got lost, theres a surpise

Big thanks to Chrispy for letting me borrow his passenger seat for the day, shame I ended up waiting for an hour freezing me bollocks off at stoke station bloody trains........

I wont mention you all personally, cos quite frankly I cant remember/didnt know your usernames.

Old 25 October 2002, 11:18 PM
Little Miss WRX

Red face

That's bad of me

I never mentioned Chrisp and pwig who sat patiently at the mid point in case any of the treasure hunters needed help.

Many thanks for that you two
Old 26 October 2002, 12:51 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chelle no problem, I was gutted for you with the low turn out and all the effort put in by you and the "route team". A good day shame I screwed up the dates with the porsche club who had another event later on in the day, wasnt really big bhp and RWD weather though . They are still very keen to meet up with us though.

A good day and even the weather didnt put us off.
Old 27 October 2002, 11:12 AM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

However - it's a good job it wasn't organised for today !

Anybody seen the weather in stoke

Quick Reply: Staffordshire Treasure Hunt RESULT!!!!!