Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013.....

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2012, 01:17 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013.....

Well what a year it has been! 2012 has seen us spend some
awesome weekends with MSOC friends

The year started with a huge turn out at Snetterton (Snitterton) for the first trackday of the year.
Here we saw a few MSOC members venture onto the track for the first time
It was where Guv locked Ricky out of his car with the engine running, but Mags showed his form and soon had the door open!
It was also here that Coz too discovered speed was good..... Thanks Jon!!

The Middlesex Stadium became a regular monthly meeting place with the boys going for a Sunday afternoon drive and discussing
their next mods - whilst the girls drank copious amounts of Rose and discussed modding toilet rolls!!

2012 saw some old Scooby owners back in the cars they love, along with some younger members getting their first Scoobs
and mighty fine they look too!

As ever the MSOC have been supported and helped every step of the way by
FB Tuning and Ruislip Tyres - thank you both for the help you've given us this year!!

On the down side the weather caused the cancellation of the Uxbridge Show, which was looking to be a huge MSOC event

But on the plus side - we can make it bigger and better in 2013

Amongst the events was the 20th Anniversary Celebration at Prodrive which saw another good turnout from the MSOC
with Jackies car taking pride of place on the timeline

Finally the year ended with a great Christmas meal followed by a breakfast meet and a few cars and drivers becoming Gangsters in a music video.....
watch this space!

It has been a great year for us and we can't wait to kick off 2013
So when is the January meet??

Finally, the picture that sums up 2012 for me has to be this one......

Please share your memories and pics of 2012 below for us all to enjoy again......

And HAPPY 2013 TO YOU ALL
Old 30 December 2012, 06:17 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

well said , it was a great year and 2013 should be just as good with all the plans bein layed down etc
Old 30 December 2012, 06:45 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

I love that picture too Hils, nice one.
The past year has been a great one for the club held together by the usual crew who know who they are, many thanks for that.
Would be nice to get a few more newbies in next year which will be good seeing as the Uxbridge show is due to be held again after talks of it ending.
Plans for next year include a meet once a month, plenty of track days to choose from, a visit to the autosport show, a little bit of karting, Palmersport day at Bedford, bowling at Lava Lanes, crazy golf championship plus anything else you guys can think of.
Lets make next year even better
Old 30 December 2012, 11:46 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by Budgie
The past year has been a great one for the club held together by the usual crew who know who they are, many thanks for that.
Would be nice to get a few more newbies in next year which will be good seeing as the Uxbridge show is due to be held again after talks of it ending.
Plans for next year include a meet once a month, plenty of track days to choose from, a visit to the autosport show, a little bit of karting, Palmersport day at Bedford, bowling at Lava Lanes, crazy golf championship plus anything else you guys can think of.
Alton Towers?
Old 30 December 2012, 11:54 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nurse Gladys
Alton Towers?
forgot that one Hils, glad you are my new PA
Old 31 December 2012, 11:33 AM
KevB
Scooby Regular

Happy New Year everyone

Hope to see you all in the New Year
Old 31 December 2012, 03:04 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Budgie
recruitment drive yes its a major part of the holdings together of the group that we get new members in etc , there are a few scoobs floating about now that have not been seen on here for a while or at all , i think the card thing was a good idea before so i will look into getting some more printed .

i have had customers in the shop come in who dont own a scoob saying they have been on here browsing so i think we should make events open to them if they wanna come along . a website or just a google page which links to here may also be good , i know there was one in the pipeline a few years back but im sure people would google msoc when they see it on cars etc , i have had people ask what it was .

anyhoo its all ideas that we can put into practice with some help and support from fellow msocers
Old 01 January 2013, 09:52 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy New year, I saw 2013 in having seen my cousin finally get married and part of the reception included a live rendition of this...

So a great 2012, one could say an Olympic year, and a cracking start to 2013. Start as we mean to go on