Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

Why Do People Do It? Jealousy? Keyed Car!

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2011, 10:04 AM
Mattmann
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Do People Do It? Jealousy? Keyed Car!

Hi People,

I'm not in the best of moods - someone keyed my car last night! While it was on my drive!
Don’t know why, I don’t believe I have upset anyone!

But to make it worse, i have to get quotes for the dent in my door as my neighbour reversed into me! And don’t want to get a new door with a blend in the rear door and wing, and still have scratches there! Any suggestions?

I obviously need the wing done, the front door will be replaced from insurance, but what to do with the rear door - which has recently been blended too! I feel like crying (lol)! It has made me want to sell the car and just get something s**t and crap to not worry about!

Pics attached!
front wing (weird angle)

front wing again!

drivers door - already dented!

rear door!

Thanks, Matt

Last edited by Mattmann; 09 February 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09 February 2011, 10:44 AM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Lack of grey matter and jelousey. Gutted for you bud, happened to me a couple of times with my brand new Golf at my old house after only had it a month....
Old 09 February 2011, 11:03 AM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

W@Nkers mate, someone did it to a brand new lexus at work that was 3 days old and a lease car. just jealous little *******.
Old 09 February 2011, 11:54 AM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate can't beilieve they had the ***** to do it on your drive way...

They need a serious B***ing fo that sh+t...Makes me so
Old 09 February 2011, 12:14 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's shocking mate, the idiots that do this need their hands cuts off

Do you have to use your insurers preferred repairer, if not PM Prodriverules. He's a bit away, but might be able to give you an insurance quote for the door and blend, and as he mixes his own paint and the extra work to sort the scratch isn't much more, could do it quite cheap on top of the insurance job if you get my drift

I've heard lots of good stuff about him, and he's going to do my full respray once I stop spending the respray fund.

Last edited by JonMc; 09 February 2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09 February 2011, 01:19 PM
Mattmann
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
It's shocking mate, the idiots that do this need their hands cuts off

Do you have to use your insurers preferred repairer, if not PM Prodriverules. He's a bit away, but might be able to give you an insurance quote for the door and blend, and as he mixes his own paint and the extra work to sort the scratch isn't much more, could do it quite cheap on top of the insurance job if you get my drift

I've heard lots of good stuff about him, and he's going to do my full respray once I stop spending the respray.
Thanks for suggestion. I dont have to use the insurance approved repair garages, however, i have to pay my excess - which i mistakenly put up to lower the premium of the insurance (never again!). I have had a quote from little knocks in Ruislip (as they already sprayed bits of my car in the past), and even then i would have to pay my excess for them to work on it. But my insurance havent even told me who the approved garages are, so i cant even go to them to check them out / get a quote! I've got a lot of thinking to be doing!
Also going to buy one of those WiFi CCTV camera which connect up to the computer, they're cheap enough and should do the job of recording when needed!!!
Old 09 February 2011, 01:27 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

I hate to think what my reaction would be if I caught someone doing this to my car - it would not be pleasant and would almost certainly land me in a lot of trouble with the police

I feel for you bud
Old 09 February 2011, 01:29 PM
Mattmann
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Camoscooby
I hate to think what my reaction would be if I caught someone doing this to my car - it would not be pleasant and would almost certainly land me in a lot of trouble with the police

I feel for you bud
I said tomy mate shall i report it to the police (i think i will for insurance purposes).
Ho told me not to incase I find the person, and then when they die the police have someone to go and talk to!! lol, i'm not going to kill anyone though!!
Old 09 February 2011, 01:39 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

i feel for you mate there is just some really nasty bad minded people out there,but dont let the situation make you get rid of your car,if you do that,they have won,because thats exactly what they want you to do,because they have f@ck all they want you to have the same.keep your head up and get it fixed.
Old 09 February 2011, 01:45 PM
Mattmann
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
i feel for you mate there is just some really nasty bad minded people out there,but dont let the situation make you get rid of your car,if you do that,they have won,because thats exactly what they want you to do,because they have f@ck all they want you to have the same.keep your head up and get it fixed.
Yea i know i dont want to admit to defeat, but i dont want to fix the car and then have it happen again... Decision decision! Would prefer a £500 car that i dont car about and wouldnt mind if it got scratched! As i said, i got some thinking to do!