Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2013, 11:01 AM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Impreza Sport

Hey guys

I would like to introduce myself...

I've been on the site for a while now and recently had my car cleaned up a bit (still need four of the same tyres) after the previous owner(s) sold the car on whenever it needed something done to it.

It is now in my capable hands and will look after it until it goes to the big gig in the sky (car heaven).

And (hopefully) I will be buying myself a turbo model from a similar year in the next year or so.

Plus, if my shift allows for it, I would like to come down the the ESOC month end meets in the future...

Last edited by Bushy-N/A; 06 August 2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05 August 2013, 11:12 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

looks a nice clean example bud, welcome along. if you are planning on a turbo next year dont go spending mad amounts of cash on the sport. just enjoy it for what it is and get saving for the turbo
Old 05 August 2013, 11:20 AM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4
looks a nice clean example bud, welcome along. if you are planning on a turbo next year dont go spending mad amounts of cash on the sport. just enjoy it for what it is and get saving for the turbo
Cheers for that! Yeah, I think after I get four tyres (that are the same make & dimensions) I'll be getting some new speakers for the car and then that is it.

It is my daily driver, so music is a must for me, otherwise the Vortex will drive me crazy (don't get me wrong I love the soundtrack it gives me, but without music I'll go mad).

The funds have started for the turbo, as I don't drink or smoke... So more money towards the turbo model.
Old 05 August 2013, 12:05 PM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks very clean. Most parts (obviously ignoring alot of the engine components) are straight swap from turbo models and can be had for peanuts.

For example, you could spend £200 replacing tyres on those wheels, or you could look out for some nice 16" Subaru wheels in silver from the Turbo 2000 model with good tyres for about the same or less.

Rear ARB's are a good cheap mod, 4 pot front brakes could be had for around £150 and would vastly improve braking, turbo suspension is a straight swap and can be found for a bargain. All classic seats are interchangable too, some comfy turbo 2000 seats could be had for £100 or less.

Obviously depends how long you wish to keep as to whether it is worth putting any money into it, but for not a lot you could definately make some improvements until its turbo time

Paul

Last edited by averyp2; 05 August 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05 August 2013, 09:40 PM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by averyp2
Looks very clean. Most parts (obviously ignoring alot of the engine components) are straight swap from turbo models and can be had for peanuts.

For example, you could spend £200 replacing tyres on those wheels, or you could look out for some nice 16" Subaru wheels in silver from the Turbo 2000 model with good tyres for about the same or less.

Rear ARB's are a good cheap mod, 4 pot front brakes could be had for around £150 and would vastly improve braking, turbo suspension is a straight swap and can be found for a bargain. All classic seats are interchangable too, some comfy turbo 2000 seats could be had for £100 or less.

Obviously depends how long you wish to keep as to whether it is worth putting any money into it, but for not a lot you could definately make some improvements until its turbo time

Paul
Cheers Paul. Right now I'm not too worried about engine mods, I'll get the bay cleaned up a bit, as there is old oil spills and water stains. Plus I want to swap the rubber hoses out for silicone hoses. I know it ain't needed, but it keeps my hands busy and my mind clued up about my engine bay.

Thanks for the advice, never thought about buying different alloys with low mileage tyres on them. You're a genius for that suggestion mate!

The rear ARB's, 4-pot front brakes, turbo suspension and classic seats have been on my list along with fog light covers. As the car will be handed over to my wife to use whilst she needs to drive my son around, thus I want it to be a safe car to drive around. My family and their safety are my number one priority. Plus the Sport will be our Daily Driver until the day it has had enough of driving us around and the engine goes.

I do think by making these drive-ability mods will help me for when the turbo arrives and I need to make some changes to it. As I've had to change both my knock- & oxygen sensor myself I really feel that I need to know my car inside and out, plus it saves me having to fork out money on somebody else doing it for me.

More money towards the turbo at the end of the day...
Old 05 August 2013, 10:31 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice tidy looking sport
Old 05 August 2013, 10:41 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

That looks very nice mate. Rare to find a car in that condition for that age.
Old 06 August 2013, 07:55 PM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Thanx for the comments guys. Here's a photo of my first Scooby I had, it was an imported Australian 2.0 RX.

But soon I will have my turbo and I'll put all the N/A's behind me, except for my Sport that'll be our family's daily driver.
Old 07 August 2013, 10:24 AM
alphaj12
Scooby Regular

Swap the seats and get some WRX springs massive difference for next to no money.

One tip with the wheels if you get the 16s is to get the wheel nuts as well. Did the same on my old sport and the nuts are different sizes, started to "slip" through the holes in the WRX wheels.

I was getting four wheels with nearly new tyres for 80-100 quid, did it twice rather than buy tyres.
Old 07 August 2013, 09:23 PM
Bushy-N/A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alphaj12
Swap the seats and get some WRX springs massive difference for next to no money.

One tip with the wheels if you get the 16s is to get the wheel nuts as well. Did the same on my old sport and the nuts are different sizes, started to "slip" through the holes in the WRX wheels.

I was getting four wheels with nearly new tyres for 80-100 quid, did it twice rather than buy tyres.
Thanks for the advice, will definitely keep it in mind when I go wheel hunting!