Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Dukesy's WRX

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2012, 03:27 PM
JDukesy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Dukesy's WRX

Hi everyone! Im new to the forum and have just picked up a 2002 wrx impreza last weekend after sadly having to get rid of my supra so i could have something for the winter. Its very clean and nicely spec'd with a LOT of service history. Apparently running 270 but im not entirely convinced, although it could just be because it puts the power down so un-dramatically compared to my previous cars (supra RWD and EP3 FWD) that it just doesn't feel fast but actually is. It is lovely to drive though, very smooth and seems to handle snow and ice without any drama really enjoying it so far and its condition is a credit to the previous owners! Anyway my plans for it are to 'UN-STI-ify' it as its got STI stickers everywhere and im not a fan! Long term plans for it are to get some nice wheels, coilovers, despoiler(i think) and give it a nice drop. I know this is going to get some hate but never mind, im not really into the whole 'STI replica' thing so im not going to do that.
Here are a few pics of how it stood when i got it.

Removed all the STI stickers and gave it a quick clean.

Also just picked up some wheels for an absolute bargain yesterday. Not sure if im keeping them or not yet but we will see how they look on. Plan is to spray them white and go from there.

First mods are going to be a lip splitter, roof spoiler and spray the insides of the lights black. Then coilovers! Any other recommendations are welcome and look forward to my time here
Old 17 December 2012, 03:50 PM
Twin Fields
Scooby Regular

Looks like a nice example. I see what you mean about the STI badges/stickers. That's rather a biggun on the spoiler top!
Old 17 December 2012, 04:11 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

looks good, you definitely have the right idea going low and de spoilered, thats what ive recently done to mine. you'll get your fair share of haters in the Subaru community but its your car, but i much prefer my cars low and understated than in your face :P

what wheels did you get? the right wheels can make a car, especially if its lowered.

Mike
Old 17 December 2012, 04:22 PM
ironbridge
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks very nice indeed! I like the wheels too.
Old 17 December 2012, 04:24 PM
JDukesy
Scooby Newbie

Cheers guys! Yeah the stickers definitely had to go!
Mike this is the look im going for, the wheels i got are a very similar design to this as well.
Old 17 December 2012, 04:35 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

Man after my own heart, similar to how mine looks but its a black blobeye with gunmetal rota grid wheels (new wheels and possibly a full respray coming soon)
Old 17 December 2012, 04:41 PM
JDukesy
Scooby Newbie

Haha rota grids in white or xxr 527 in white are what im aiming for long term i think but the current wheels i got at an absolute steal so couldn't resist! What colour are you going for on a respray?! something different or just to freshen it up?! Also a question when i despoiler, do i have much other options to just welding up the holes? I think i may just end up getting another bootlid. Is there any models in the uk that come without a spoiler as stock?
Old 17 December 2012, 06:08 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

the wheels im probably gonna get are these, fifteen52 tarmacs (colour depends on what paint i decide to go for with the respray)...

if i get it resprayed it will be in either white or possibly a metallic bronze/brown like this BMW paint...

when i removed my spoiler i just had the holes welded, you can use filler but its just gonna sink over time and leave rings in the paint. you might want to check how many holes you have in your bootlid, they have 4 as standard with the low wrx spoiler on but they may have drilled more for the larger wing on yours (or they may have just bonded it on) as i know the factory STI spoiler has something like 16 holes.

if you do opt to buy a another bootlid get a WRX one and not an STI to save on the welding. as far as i know even the non turbos come with the low spoiler so don't think theres any "holeless" lids from the factory but i could be wrong.

Mike.
Old 17 December 2012, 07:38 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, I hope in you 'after' pic you mean you want the bug scoop too, they look much better
Old 17 December 2012, 07:50 PM
alphaj12
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDukesy
Cheers guys! Yeah the stickers definitely had to go!
Mike this is the look im going for, the wheels i got are a very similar design to this as well.
Lovely looking bug but I have to admit I like a spoiler on a scoob