Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

A quick clean, not so many pics this time!

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2011, 05:51 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick clean, not so many pics this time!

Yes,

It has been 6 days now since my seven hour clean-a-thon of Saturday last - you all remember surely, from my browser-killing picture lag-fest...

Anyways, not so many pics this time, thought I'd go easier on you all plus I don't want to be seen as any kind of attention *****.

So last week I mentioned that I had bought some Megs Wash & Wax for use inbetween major detailing sessions.

I wanted to try it and well, my car had a film of dust on it so I grabbed the opportunity and made tracks to dear Nan & Grandads :drive2:

I rinsed (yes that's right, spelled correctly this week - I knew something looked queer about that) with jet wash, nozzel set to a wide spray so as to gently remove the dust without seriously disturbing the wax of last week.
I always spray at a 45 degree angle as well so as to "sweep" the dirt off rather than pound it into the paintwork.

Ok, so then I get my two red buckets out, rinse and fill. In one I pour 4 cap fulls of delightfully thick, gloopy and yellow Meguires Wash and Wax. It also smells quite good.

I washed using the Megs wash mitt and rinsed again with the jetwash before hand drying with a large microfibre cloth.

Once dry I could see that the Carnauba wax supposedly in the Megs was indeed there as it had dried in some of the trim edging all white and when rubbed away behaved exactly as the NXT Tech Wax I applied last week. Nice.

Once dry I went over the whole car again with Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer, spraying on liberally, wiping and then buffing. This will give the wax just that little bit extra protection and shine.

Today I decided to use the AG Wheel Seal that I bought **** knows how long ago and never used. I had cleaned the wheels earlier with Megs Hot Rims and so proceded to cover the brake disks with microfiber cloths.

Once covered I gave each wheel a generous coating including the brake calipers and allowed to dry then buffed off.

I'm curious as to how effective this stuff is and will report back in due course (if I remember) For sure though it has left my alloys very very slippery!

So my rating of Megs Wash and Wax is 10/10. Very good stuff, you could properly see the waxes in it when applying and rinsing, it is nice and gloopy so it feels like it's gonna do something right from the start.

The AG wheel Seal - jury is out but first impressions are good.

Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer 10/10. Perfect finish to a car wash. I have been using this for months now and it really does work as it says on the bottle. Leaves paint work silky smooth.

Pictures: I know it's been just days since the 7 hour session but bare in mind I do drive it daily and it is parked outside near nasty trees most of the time.

Lizard Sex!!!!!!!!!!!

I went up to give them some fresh veg and there were doing rudies to each other! Needless to say I wached for a while and took a few snaps, then took the food away.

There that was a suprise wasn't it

Last edited by pigSTi; 05 August 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05 August 2011, 06:05 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

I bought and used some of the Mags soap and liquid wax today, can't believe how much better it is compared to the cheaper stuff. Made hell of a diff on my Black classic. Mags Soap and liquid wax 10/10 also!
Old 05 August 2011, 06:11 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has it even had time to get dirty yet

Looking good though
Old 05 August 2011, 06:11 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyStu82
I bought and used some of the Mags soap and liquid wax today, can't believe how much better it is compared to the cheaper stuff. Made hell of a diff on my Black classic. Mags Soap and liquid wax 10/10 also!
Awesome Think I'm going to stick with this one for some time to come! You got any pics up in the gallery? I'm off to have a look see
Old 05 August 2011, 06:13 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Has it even had time to get dirty yet

Looking good though

Yes it was a little dusty No, really it had pollen and crap on it so it was a bit dirty. Don't need much of an excuse though
Old 05 August 2011, 07:22 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Im glad to see another thread with sex invlove.. Result!
Old 05 August 2011, 07:26 PM
pigSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Im glad to see another thread with sex invlove.. Result!
Old 05 August 2011, 07:58 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Still looks mint, nice work.
Old 05 August 2011, 08:07 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Looks great, i'm having another pop at mine this Saturday so will use this as a bench mark!