My NewAge ´04 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2010, 08:56 PM
KrautScooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My NewAge ´04 WRX

hi guys,

i just registered on scoobynet and want to show you my pride n joy, a 04 WRC in mica blue.

altough im from germany and scoobys are more than rare in our country i went for this one with a envelope full of quids and flew over to UK

(im not used to the biggest note being a 50, so not matter wat u buy u need a bunch of space in our pocket

anyways, i was used to drive a RHD because of some calibra turbos i bought over there in the past few years and then decided to get me a 04 WRX.

i then collected it and had a good trip home without any faults or flat tires (things i experienced a lot in the past) but when i came back to germany the gearbox soon was gone because of the release bolt not secured safetly cos the "secure nut" was missing.. haha dont blame the english anyways, i then put the box out and got a new, longer bolt drilled and to this day it does well

so i then bought a 80 piece graphic set on ebay.co.uk and had it fitted by a mate whos doin window tinting

the car is in complete original spec, apart from a 3 inch full stainless stell exhaust, decat, and a BOV.

i dont know the UK specs for WRX's and u guys dont have the BHP stated in the V5, therefore the CO2 output..dont worry, doenst make sense to me either so i think the original BHP is sth like 220 something...

the guy i got the car from claimed it to be 275 BHP...in the first two gears it pushes very well and seems to have its 275, but when im in 3rd or higher gear it feels like not producing enough pressure...and the engine control light went on after like 100miles when i bought it, but that could be becos of the decatting?

any1 a clue why its not pushing fast enough in higher gears and loosing pressure?

and sorry for my english, wasnt good at school at all.. but improving it every time i went to UK

oh and here is a pic of my car

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

we dont even have a good scooby forum in germany, and i found this one and read some really stunning threats in the DIY sections so i thought i register myself.

and last question, in germany the MOT is pretty hard to pass because we have to prove that every tuning part we put on our cars fits the strict regulations, like if we put aftermarket alloys on, we have to prove they are capable of the cars weight, and therefore we need certificates and a MOT engineer (calles TÜV in germany) has to record it in the car documents...a BOV for exmaple is completly forbidden and so on..so you can imagine its a complete pain in the *** to get your car road legal tuned, so i thought of driving it with UK plates...which i do anyways haha becos the german cops cant prove that its not insured in UK but if there should ever be an accident involving my car..oh baby
so is there anyway to insure my car in UK? (it has MOT and TAX)

cheers, Hans
Old 02 September 2010, 09:07 PM
easyrider1961
Scooby Regular

welcome to the club mate nice looking scooby but your color is not mica blue mica blue is my car color
Old 02 September 2010, 09:43 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks the biz all stickered up. Very tidy
Old 02 September 2010, 09:46 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, and as far a the colour goes you're both right. Easyrider yours is dark blue mica whereas the other is blue mica
Old 02 September 2010, 09:48 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Looks good buddy

Used to love having my Scoob over in Germany, getting stopped by lots of people asking what it is etc, people taking pics all the time, was pretty cool!
Old 02 September 2010, 10:16 PM
easyrider1961
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
Looks good, and as far a the colour goes you're both right. Easyrider yours is dark blue mica whereas the other is blue mica
cheers john ya should no as were the same colour i live and learn something each day lol
Old 02 September 2010, 10:17 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

There's also mica red and mica black
Old 02 September 2010, 10:20 PM
easyrider1961
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
There's also mica red and mica black
just looked it up so mica means a sparkling pigment of colour lol
Old 02 September 2010, 10:22 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

It's why our car almost has a flip effect in different light
Old 03 September 2010, 09:01 AM
K30FOY
Scooby Regular

Has it been mapped? Has it got a boost gauge?
Old 03 September 2010, 09:07 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Looks bang tidy

Welcome to SN
Old 03 September 2010, 04:35 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

looks a good kit, enjoy
Old 03 September 2010, 10:02 PM
carlosWRX
Scooby Regular

Hi Hans, welcome to the group.

I too have a WRX same colour as you also, and gold wheels Standard bhp is around 225. I have an air filter and am getting 240+ so if yours has a straight-through exhaust and a decat then maybe you are getting 270+ (catalytic convertors are very restrictive).

Enjoy owning the Subaru - they are rare in Germany but everyone knows then can beat a 330
Old 03 September 2010, 10:29 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

You're not going to free up much extra horsepower just by adding a component like an air filter.

A decent flowing air filter will help the engine breathe and sharpen throttle response as well as free up a couple of horsepower but not 15bhp on it's own.

A decat exhaust system will free up a few extra horses too but on it's own and without a remap there's not a huge amount to be had, maybe 10-15bhp and some overboost due to running a full decat.

On 2ltr newage WRX's there is also a cat in the upppie (precat) that needs to be removed to allow free flowing exhaust gasses into the turbo to aid earlier and quicker turbo spool-up, then you really are fully decat and your car will gain max benefits from a remap.

You need a remap to get the components you've added working properly for you to make proper tangible horsepower.

A full decat + air filtered and remapped newage 2ltr WRX should make c.280 bhp but nearer 310-320 lbft of torque from the factory turbo and injectors if there are no issues.

Last edited by scoobiewrx555; 03 September 2010 at 10:30 PM.