Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

testing the water on godspeed brake

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2008, 11:20 PM
spoiltboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default testing the water on godspeed brake

i am very interested in some godspeed 335 brake disks but still to used me 4 pots caliper & i have pff-7 17 on but as any 1 got any pics please
Old 03 June 2008, 03:20 PM
charlesk
Scooby Regular

Just a few from mine. Not Pffs but can see the brakes...

Old 03 June 2008, 03:44 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Why are these kits so expensive, its only a braket to move the caliper out, one spacer to open it up and a set of larger disc's, I bought a similar kit for the Fronts of my MGF (did not open the caliper up though) and it was £215.

Mike Satur Ltd Front Uprated

Surley you can get hold of a pair of disc's with the same stud pattern and someone can get a bracket machined to move the caliper out, its got to be less than £300 all in and really not that complicated!

Or am I missing something?
Old 03 June 2008, 05:58 PM
NUTTYNICK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arronb
Why are these kits so expensive, its only a braket to move the caliper out, one spacer to open it up and a set of larger disc's, I bought a similar kit for the Fronts of my MGF (did not open the caliper up though) and it was £215.

Mike Satur Ltd Front Uprated

Surley you can get hold of a pair of disc's with the same stud pattern and someone can get a bracket machined to move the caliper out, its got to be less than £300 all in and really not that complicated!

Or am I missing something?
It's finding a suitable sized disc with the righ offset, centre hole size, stud pcd, thickness. I'm sure one is out there but I've spent ages trawling brake websites with disc dimensions to hand with little success. I imagine something could be machined though.

The cost I guess is in the two piece discs.
Old 03 June 2008, 06:23 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

You also get bigger pads with Ian's kits which cover more of the disc.
Old 03 June 2008, 11:42 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I was thinking of one of these kits, but due to price went for Sti brembos, by the time I had sold my old stuff I had the wheels and front brakes for less than the cost of this kit, and I believe they look better, Don't know if they perform better as not tried the Godspeed kit. I did think of making up some brackets to use the sti discs, but found that due to the offset would have needed the sti wheels anyway to clear the calipers so just took the easier route of fitting the full kit. It all depends what you want as the 2 piece discs in the kit would be far better than the std discs that I used.
Old 04 June 2008, 09:05 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NUTTYNICK
It's finding a suitable sized disc with the righ offset, centre hole size, stud pcd, thickness. I'm sure one is out there but I've spent ages trawling brake websites with disc dimensions to hand with little success. I imagine something could be machined though.

The cost I guess is in the two piece discs.
That does make sense just surprised that someone like Revolution have not worked it out, my MGF kit had some spacers for the centre holes and the 4 bolt holes were very slightly machined out IIRC, also I just used standard discs as mentioned above which yes will add to the cost.

Come on someone put the leg work in and work it out for us!!!