Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

before and after... in progress.

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2007, 09:01 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default before and after... in progress.

rang up scoobybits yesterday as its jase whos sorting out my car after the recent crash i was involved in - some penarse pulled out a junction and wiped my front wing, drivers door into prawn-crackerness.

so anyways, i went through and awaiting jasons return from some business. on his return he informed me that my insurers had been in contact regarding the assessment they carried out on monday this week. his insurers have admitted FULL un-questioned liability of the accident (pretty clean cut case in my eyes), and so forth have given authorisation for jase to strip the car, send it to the body shop and have it repaired/resprayed before its put back together again.

basically it needed a new front wing, front and rear driver side doors. all needed respraying along with a scuffed rear bumper too. wheels were ok in the accident.

even better is what happened on tuesday/wednesday. i recieved a letter in the post from the legal expenses team on behalf of my policy. appartantly his insurers have offered me £1000 cash not to take them to court for a whiplash claim, which for the record, didnt really cross my mind. i wanted my car fixing and i would have been happy. for the sake of hassle and claiming for more injury than what was sustained (stiff neck and shoulders really - tingling in arms), i duely accepted, and made sure that the offer wasnt includeing any repairs etc on the car.

so with the £1000 ive decided to have some "repairs" of my own looked into. ie the scratches some ****** did a few weeks ago on the nearside wing and front door (yep, you guessed it the opposite side to what was damaged in the accident - sods law!), and the dent on the rear door sorted too. ive also decided to have my alloys totally refurbed and painted again, same as before, but looking immaculate. all this will be around £500 so leaves me some change which i will decide on at a later date.

so heres some before piccies now i have a decent digital camera, and il have some proper ones taken when my car is back, cleaned and polished with new paint and wheels!!

i think the only parts NOT being resprayed is the bootlid/spoiler, roof, bonnet and front bumper. im even getting the black bonnet vents sprayed red again, as i prefer them.

needless to say, the anticipation of getting my beloved subaru back is growing by the day now i know shes coming back without cost to myself.

heres some before pics anyways, car looking very sorry for itself...

will hopefully keep you updated in the next couple of weeks. il ask jason too if he can take some pics of the stripping down of the car and putting it together again. would be nice to look through the stages and see the work thats being carried out.

andy
Old 19 May 2007, 12:35 PM
j7 gkk
Scooby Regular

shame about the accident matey, was a really nice car and im sure that it will come back even better! which bodyshop is doing the repair? the same one that jase used to have his type r done? if so its only down the road from me, if it is i might try and pop past she what its looking like keep us updated on the progress

gordon
Old 19 May 2007, 06:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j7 gkk
shame about the accident matey, was a really nice car and im sure that it will come back even better! which bodyshop is doing the repair? the same one that jase used to have his type r done? if so its only down the road from me, if it is i might try and pop past she what its looking like keep us updated on the progress

gordon
will do. have no idea fella. it comes highly rated by jason anyway. think it was the same bodyshop he used for the type r. he usues it regurlarly so the work had better be top notch.

andy
Old 21 May 2007, 01:00 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

little update.

just jumped out of bed and was on the phone to jase @ scoobybits for a natter about the scoob. "everythings fine, andy. now stop stalking me" was the usual sarcy responce from rotherhams finest . seriously though, the car has been stripped and is on its way to be repaired as we speak - excitement!!

ive decided on more work now, as jase told me after the bodyshop finish spraying, they do a full machine polish so the old paintwork matches bob on to the new jobby. so ive decided instead of getting just the bonnet vents sprayed the original red from the black they were bodged up to, im getting all the stone chips, marks etc covered and the whole bonnet done now.

ive also decided that the bootlid is getting de-stickered/badged, and the bodyshop will professionally remove the "subaru" and "impreza turbo 2000" badge and stickers, and polish off afterwards. the only thing playing on my mind was the obvious - red paint fades, i knew that when i bought the car. so most of the car is getting a spray, and only a few panels arent. hence the full polish as mentioned ^^ shouls hopefully irradicate this fade problem.

to say im excited about getting my car back now is an understatement. im doing extra time at work to afford the bits an peices, along with the cheque from the liable parties insurance too. dont get me wrong, the passat im driving about in now is a fantastic car, for comfort, rolling acceleration, and bloody good looking too, loads of gagdets etc, but its soo bland. to old for me. my scoobs my baby, and i enjoy the rawness of it.

il keeps you updated and hopefully il have progress pics at the end of it, as i cant get to the bodyshop due to the commute.

andy
Old 21 May 2007, 07:45 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to hear it's getting sorted fairly quickly Andy

I'm getting mine back tomorrow after blowing my gearbox up 8 days ago, it's drove me daft being stuck with the work van, so god know's how you're managing a Passat.

Micky
Old 21 May 2007, 08:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

guess what!!!

on my way to work tonight, sudden loss of power in the passat hire car, lots of blue smoke and the car continuously bouncing off the rev limiter when no pressure to the accelerator is applied.

****!

switched the engine off completly, let her roll to the works carpark roundabout, and jumped out. lifted the bonnet, nothing. blue smog pouring from the exhaust, really smelt of burning wood.

ran into work, explained my car was stranded and couldt do my overtime before my normal shift started. darted back out, rang helphire who through angel assistance are supplying me the car while the scoobs away.

they sent mr r.a.c. man within 20 mins, and i was home within 45. he tried starting it, and the car revved furiously to the redline without any pressure on the accelerator, spat more blue and white smoke out, and clicked ridiculously too. "thats not right" he said. lol i knew that.

he thinks it could be a sticking injector continuosly injecting fuel into the engine... no idea personally. or the turbo.

so got towed home and told to ring helphire in the morning at 9am to come take the car away and provide another one, or im fcuked as the scoobs gonna be away weeks. id better get another one.

i was impressed by the r.a.c.'s quick appearence, but not so much by the fact im gonna miss work tonight, as i have no way of getting there. the guys whos numbers i have are all on overtime, like i shouls have been, plus im awaiting another call from helphire to clarify what happened, as my signal was naff and only the basics were discussed.

im hoping when i ring work up at 9.30ish they may let me have tonight off as a holiday, rather than an unauthorised absence.

i ran inside boefre doing anything and explained to a team leader what had happened, and i would rebook my overtime as soon as possible. but im in the situation where im gonna lose a full nights pay (if work get arsey) and attendance bonuses etc for the full week.

im miffed now.

any suggestions.

will i get charged by helphire for a fault which is noway my fault. ive driven the car like a granny enjoying 50mpg!

andy
Old 21 May 2007, 08:26 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

german shed
fear not you will be mobile again soon...
Old 21 May 2007, 08:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasemac
german shed
fear not you will be mobile again soon...

hope so mate. gonna have to feel the wrath from work now tonight as i cant get in

andy
Old 21 May 2007, 09:10 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

cheers for the pics of the type bannana mate you wanna post up on my type r thread?
Old 21 May 2007, 09:13 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

cheers for the pics of the type bannana mate you wanna post up on my type r thread?
yeah il have a look for it jase. doubt im gonna be at work tonight as im getting constant phone calls from helphire etc.

is it in members or the private forsale section
Old 21 May 2007, 09:14 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

its in gallery
Old 28 May 2007, 04:44 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

well after the passat died on me, it was recovered the next day to a garage in leeds, not my problem, leave it to those guys. rung them up on the tuesday morning (last week) and they sent out another car pronot. really quick, clean service and was much appreicated by me.

what did i get... a mazda3. better than the passat as its half as long, takes corners better and is easy as **** to wheels spin due to the very very tight clutch. less gadgets, but a better more comfortable drive.

andy

p.s. any news jase???
Old 31 May 2007, 05:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

im soooo fooking excited.....

had a call from jase yesterday, cars back, gonna be valeted and the dent master is having his way with a couple of panels.

arranged the hire car place to pick up tomorrow at 2 from scoobybits, where by then il be wiping the sex wee off my car
i have honestly never been so exicted to drive my scoob. all in all ive spunked half my compensation money on her, having various panels resprayed along with the repair damage. had the wheels totally refurbed, and have stickers at the ready. new lightweight black stealthy nuts from ebay, new genuine prodrive valve caps, and mcgard locking nuts courtesy of performancesubaru.co.uk.

ok, ok, im sorry, i have to go have a **** now, i cant bare all this tension.

jase, baring in mind all thats well, there will be a tip in it for you, and il bum you into next week

andy
Old 01 June 2007, 07:20 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

deep breaths, only 6 hours 39 minutes and 37... no 35 seconds to go
Old 01 June 2007, 07:56 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

its back. red and beautiful. as near as perfect as i think she'll ever be.

look at those wheels. im just waiting for the wheel wax to wear off and im gonna apply the decals i had made up.

heres the AFTER pics. more to follow after a good wash. she was valeted inside and out, but just got a little dusty awaiting me.

there you go.

a big thankyou to jason and chris at scoobybits, the gentleman who did the spray work (sure jase will appear and reveal all), and the lovely lady who did my wheels while the car was away.

its the wheels im most impressed by, absolutley bob on with the refurb and colour match.

happy bunny, and the decat downpipe... WOW. sounds awesome now.
Old 01 June 2007, 08:37 PM
the_msp
Scooby Regular

Good job... although the bonnet and roof seem a bit 'faded' in comparison?
Old 01 June 2007, 08:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the_msp
Good job... although the bonnet and roof seem a bit 'faded' in comparison?
interesting considering the bonnet was resprayed too.
Old 01 June 2007, 08:51 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's jus the way the sunlight is hitting the bonnet n roof. Looks like a decent job the lads did there, congrats. Now take it easy n dont spank it into any more cars, k
Old 01 June 2007, 09:21 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Car's looking good mate!

Just hope you don't have a delayed presenting injury to your neck......like my Mrs had due to a "whiplash" type injury, sustained 7 years earlier.

She was soooooooo close to being paralysed (same injury as Christopher Reeve) and ended up having an Anterior Cervical Discectomy......whilst 8 Months pregnant!!!
Old 02 June 2007, 01:07 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
It's jus the way the sunlight is hitting the bonnet n roof. Looks like a decent job the lads did there, congrats. Now take it easy n dont spank it into any more cars, k

trust if this was my fault, i wouldnt have spent night on £800 on extra work to the car from my compensation claim. i couldnt believe his insurers were so worried, as to offer me a grand without me even mentioning claiming against him for injury.
Old 02 June 2007, 01:34 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really good, now get on with those drawings...

Last edited by RON; 02 June 2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02 June 2007, 02:26 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RON
Looks really good, now get on with tose drawings...
why am i up so late i wonder. not trying to bait evos honestly lol
Old 02 June 2007, 09:01 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good andy, bet you must be well chufffed to get the scoob back and the little changes you have had done with jase are nice and subtle, which is completely out of character with you
Old 02 June 2007, 10:03 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
looking good andy, bet you must be well chufffed to get the scoob back and the little changes you have had done with jase are nice and subtle, which is completely out of character with you

why thankyou
Old 02 June 2007, 12:34 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's very shiny now You should be pleased with that It looks fantastic.
Old 02 June 2007, 12:53 PM
pjhsid
Scooby Regular

Wheels look great now...

Worryingly bonnet doesn't match, or is it the clouds reflection?
Old 02 June 2007, 05:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pjhsid
Wheels look great now...

Worryingly bonnet doesn't match, or is it the clouds reflection?
read all the posts, trust me it matches. perfectly. the only part of the car thats doesnt is the boot spoiler. its a little pink, but considering the whole car hasnt been painted, its a fooking good job in red.

andy
Old 02 June 2007, 11:24 PM
Joe will
Scooby Regular

its got a nice finish on it, i might give them a ring if i ever need any sparying done in the future.
Old 04 June 2007, 06:07 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Glad ya happy dude..turned it round as quick as possible and you got some frebbies mate...
Old 04 June 2007, 06:08 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Glad ya happy dude..turned it round as quick as possible and you got some frebbies mate...

yes mate, you know im very appreciative of all the help youve given me, not just regards my accident. hence the tip i gave you mate.

will be in touch soon regards pulling the back bumper out a little.

andy

Quick Reply: before and after... in progress.