Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My UK Turbo 2000 classic

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2007, 09:12 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile My UK Turbo 2000 classic

Hi guys, I bought my scoobaru back in november last year, and am yet to post any pics of it on here so I thought it was about time I did! Sorry for the long post with so many pics, but I'm sure you won't mind

Okay so you know what the car is from the title of the post. When I got it, it had only done 41k miles, it's completely standard, immaculate condition.....just superb but this is how it looked when I got it.......

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely looking car......but omg that orange just HAD to go!!! I tell you what, the improvement it made was unbelievable aswell! Was SO worth doing! I got the crystal pack for the front and also some crystal side repeaters, and then I had the nasty horrible orrange vent things to sort out aswell.......

Nastyyyy aren't they!!!! Soon sorted 'em out tho.....

That's better!!! Now time to put 'em back on the car with the new crystal indicators.......

WHAT a difference!!! It's just a whole new car now like, it looks so different. About 384 times better than it did before! That was the first improvement, and now for my next one. It sounds daft, but on my last car (Renault 19 16v) I changed the number plates cuz the ones on the car were starting to look a bit tatty, and I was amazed at how having new plates improved the look of the car. So I thought I'd get some new ones for the scoob! Old ones off......

Nice new ones on.......

Lovely!! Much better!! I also had to get STi rear lights aswell cuz I couldn't cope with the nasty orange on the back of the car! So go back to the top and look at the pic of the rear of the car when I bought it, and now compare it to this pic with the new plates and the STi rear lights.......

SUCH an improvement! I love the look of the car now, I think it's stunning but I have always been tempted to get bigger wheels. I dunno tho, I quite like the look of it standard. One thing I do wanna do tho is get all the skirts the same colour as the car. Was this standard on some imprezas? Or are they all black to start with? In some lights you can't even tell they're different to the car, but sometimes they look a bit nasty lol. Ah well, here's some more pics.....

I know it's standard, and possibly 'boring' lol, but let me know what you think
Old 06 May 2007, 09:25 PM
2.5RSMatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks great! Very clean. Have you thought about having the skirts painted?
Old 06 May 2007, 09:30 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

I have actually yeah but I don't know anyone that does it? I'd have to do it myself wouldn't I? And I think I'd make a mess of em to be honest lol I think it would look SO much better tho
Old 06 May 2007, 09:30 PM
mattp11
Scooby Regular

Hi and welcome!

Nothing wrong with standard for the time being , I have exactly the same car as you. Like what you have done to it so far, especially changing the rear lights to STI ones look far better.
Definately would go for bigger wheels though not just for looks, it totally transforms the handling! Makes it feel more confident when cornering.

Any planned mods??

Matt
Old 06 May 2007, 09:45 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Hey Matt, cheers for the welcome! Lets have a look at some pics of your car then have you done anything to it yet or is it still completely standard?

I am kinda contemplating de-catting it at the mo, but I don't really understand enough about if I'm gonna blow the thing up or not lol. I dunno if I need to remap, not remap, de-cat 1 cat, both the cats, change the backbox, leave the backbox, etc lol. I'm currently trying to find that out in another section on this site tho so will hopefully have some answers soon!
Old 06 May 2007, 09:48 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Looks very nice mate, you should try and keep it as original as possible IMO!
Old 06 May 2007, 10:01 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You havent completed the crystal pack!

Crystal sidelights next

Then of course, you must get a decat, backbox and remap.
Old 06 May 2007, 10:18 PM
2.5RSMatt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simonds1
I have actually yeah but I don't know anyone that does it? I'd have to do it myself wouldn't I? And I think I'd make a mess of em to be honest lol I think it would look SO much better tho
Go to a local bodyshop and see if they will paint them for you. Most likely they will but I'm not sure the cost, probably around £150-200
Old 06 May 2007, 10:54 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
You havent completed the crystal pack!

Crystal sidelights next
Haha I thought I'd missed those out!!

Hmmmm I wanna unleash a bit of the burble lol, but I also wanna keep it standard!!! Ahhhhh what to dooooo what to doooooooooooo
Old 07 May 2007, 12:54 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

nice and clean, always good to see some original examples about
Old 07 May 2007, 09:11 AM
mattp11
Scooby Regular

Pics as requested:
You will have to forgive my orange bits havent got round to getting STI rears yet!!
My engine is pretty standard at the moment apart from GREEN panel air filter, getting REVOLUTION fully de-catted exhaust system soon then remap should hopefull see around Sti power figures, will be fairly quick I reckon!The Brembos are a cheap upgrade bought those secondhand, better brakes to cope with more power.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...y/IMG_0655.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...y/IMG_0856.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...IMG_0859-1.jpg

Matt
Old 07 May 2007, 10:13 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome matey if you check out the Welsh section for meets you may like to come along one evening plus there are a couple of local guys to you who you can then get to meet.
The skirts on the sides will come off this will make it easier for spraying the rear two are a bit more of a pain and I failed and ended up getting them painted on the car You are ok to de-cat and change the panel filter without a map (make sure the replacement is a dry one and not oiled) but as said if you come along to the next meet you can see what everyone else has done first before you start spending any cash everyone seems to have something floating around in the garage you never know it may be of use, plenty of kit about second hand rather than brand new.

Simon
Old 07 May 2007, 10:37 AM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Talking

Looks very nice, miss mine! i had a classic for 7 years.. I had the side skirts and back skirts colour coded to the car from the dealer when i bought it.. It makes such a difference, the same sort of difference the clear indicators did. I presume the door handles are colour coded as its after 2000, if not these can be bought from a dealer allready painted and again makes a difference. If you want to keep it standard get a prodrive back box off ebay or here when one comes up.. prob only set you back £125 and gives you a nice sound. Same for decat centre (still passes mot) I had a spare exhaust so actually removed the cat myself! worked fine for me!!
Old 07 May 2007, 10:38 AM
scooby1979
Scooby Regular

very nice mate
looks very clean and simple, but i like it
Old 07 May 2007, 06:31 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys! Hey matt, I love the look of urs with the P1 wheels on. That's very interesting to see actually cuz I was thinking of getting those wheels for mine. I wonder what they'd look like without lowering the car? A bit daft probably! Oh wait....is urs lowered at all? I think it's silver scooby sport's one that's lowered. Can't remember now. Both stunnint tho makes me wanna get new wheels lol
Old 07 May 2007, 07:22 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Very nice right up there mate.

I have done all of the abobe mentioned, full crystal light pack, STi JDM tails, skirts C/Ced, midlevel spoiler and its lowered on 16" and she look like this (see view my scooby)
Old 07 May 2007, 07:34 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Shes getting there,

You need to bin the wheels though, I've had a few sets on mine over the years: 2 set of 16"s, a set of 17"s and now a set of 18"s

I found the 17" to be a good compromise of performance and comfort.

Exhaust also needs attention even if it's just the back box. As Said the P1 one is nice but a little on quiet side. Magnex, scoobysport or TSL do a nice 3" round pipe which all sound lovely

I also have a DBM classic which started out looking like yours but shes changed over the years, have a look under my scooby
Old 08 May 2007, 09:13 PM
Arrowflash
Scooby Regular

Hi
Nice car started of with some nice changes . Think you need to change the wheels , also how about some fog lamp covers the lamps are still fitted behind my covers so if its foggy a few seconds and my covers are off .

My cills and rear spats have not been sprayed but i keep thinking about getting them done as well .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/A1000811.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/P8280121.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/A1000805.jpg

David
Old 08 May 2007, 10:30 PM
funnycar
Scooby Regular

looking good buddy