Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

New splitter

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2006, 07:26 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New splitter

Went for a visit over to HT Autos in Newmills today, to document the sterling work Mark is doing in Fibreglass for the scooby scene. Apart from shipping 22b body kits to Australia, they've been busy making splitters for newage cars, like mine
Mark took me through the process of making a splitter, and I had no idea the work involved, so just to educate you all, here goes:

(This is my interpretation of what I've been told, any people out there who actually know what they're on about, apologies )

It all starts with the mold:

which is waxed and prepared for the fibreglass, this is one of the most time consuming parts of the operation, and the bit if you get wrong, ends up costing you lots of money!

Next, once the fibreglass has been put in, rollered out, and squeezed tight, it comes out looking something like this:

The one on the left is a P1 splitter, and on the right a newage one. After a good trim, although not as much as these 2 now, as next generation splitters have less to trim, it's off to the paint shop:

This was the one Mark had done for me, in satin black
and this is the inside of it:

After admiring the work that goes into these things, it was time to offer it up to the car:

I can't believe how much it transforms the whole look of the car, giving it a much tougher and balanced stance than before
Fixing was easy, as my car already had bolts in place for Marks holes, he then supplied 4 more bolts for the front of the splitter:

After all those went on, it's just a case of checking everything is tight, he's under there somewhere

A big thanks to Mark for fitting it for me, watching how easy it was, I could've done it myself, it was that easy

The group buy is still ongoing for these, and top bits of kit for the price they are too
Finally, it was off upto the top of Newmills for a photo session, well, you've got to havn't you!

Old 10 August 2006, 07:41 PM
Barnesy
Scooby Regular

Nice one Chris, much better than carbon one.
At least when you smack this one it can be repaired!

Here's mine colour coded

Old 10 August 2006, 07:42 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Thats by the Golf club Know that area quite well

Looks good chris!
Old 10 August 2006, 08:54 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Well spotted Gav It is indeed up by Newmills Golf Club