STI_V2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post WRC Tribute video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLle...&search=subaru

Enjoy!

Edited to add this close race at the ring as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Dhl...&search=subaru

Last edited by STI_V2; 08 July 2006 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08 July 2006, 05:36 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Brilliant come on SWRT get back to your winning ways.

Allan
Old 08 July 2006, 09:25 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Location: Heart of Midlothian FC aka Hearts have the nickname "The Jambo's" - therefore I'm a Jambo too.

Good videos

Don't get me wrong - I think WRC is absolutely fantastic, I really do. I'd give my left ******** to be able to drive like they do. But in a way I wish they could get rid of all the fancy gizzmos they have and go back to the days of H gate gear boxes and heel/toe driving etc. How many times has Petter Solberg's paddle gear changer thingy snapped off in his hands throwing him down the leader board??

It was fascinating to watch the old school drivers in-car footage, especially when they ran an insert video of the driver's feet at the same time.

I think (sorry to swear) Formula 1 could benefit too. Try getting 800bhp off the line quickly without any electronics. Now that takes skill. There'd probably be more overtaking too, with the possibility of a driver missing his gear change etc.

I appreciate that F1 and WRC are the pinnacle of motorsport technology, but surely it should be more about the driver's skill and not the I.T bods back in the factory?

LEGAL NOTE: This is just my opinion, other opinions are available in all good bookshops.
Old 09 July 2006, 03:43 AM
heman
Scooby Regular

this so funny i was saying the same thing to a friend of mine recently. i totally agree with the above. well spoken......... but respect is still due as these guys still display there skills. some of them today (rally drivers) i believe would be capable of handling the 600 bhp monsters of group b days.
Old 10 July 2006, 11:03 PM
STI_V2
Scooby Regular

I totally agree and I do miss the old days where everything was pretty much down to the driver's skills but your statement below says it all really and I do not think motorsport will ever go back to the basics.

Originally Posted by paulthejambo
I appreciate that F1 and WRC are the pinnacle of motorsport technology, but surely it should be more about the driver's skill and not the I.T bods back in the factory?
I have also read that Microsoft will be suppying the ECUs for the F1 from 2008 and they will supply them for free as well. I think it will be basic (whatever basic means for F1) so we might get a more exciting season.

Originally Posted by paulthejambo
LEGAL NOTE: This is just my opinion, other opinions are available in all good bookshops.
Old 12 July 2006, 12:50 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Microsoft supplying F1?

Cool...

Lots more crashes to look foward to

Can you imagine the post-race press conference...

"Vell, I vas in ze lead for ze first few leps, but zen I hed to download ze petch in order for ze latest ekvipment to verk correktly, vich slowed me down a little. However, I amused myself viz a game of ze solitare for sree minuten vilst ze petch installed, unt zen, just as I began to make my vey beck up sruu ze peck again, I hed a DSN lookup error....."