Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Pic request of a correctly fitted K & N kit to a MY95ish classic

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2006, 11:29 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request of a correctly fitted K & N kit to a MY95ish classic

Hi guys, i'm needing a little help, can some post/pm me or even email a pic of their K & N induction kit fitted please. My vehicle is an early type UK MY96 turbo 2000. The complete useless muppet who had it before me fitted this horrible kit! (sorry i'm a big HKS & APEXI and have had no fun with K & N in other marks in the past grr!) - and the numptys gone and fitted uttlery wrong!

i think the section between the 90 degree elbow-down feed/connection to the top-fed turbo and the aif flow meter has been put in the wrong way - it has a slight bend in this section, so i think its all looking really wrong - almost pointed the wrong way slightly, so i kno it needs to rotated, i could just do with a pic to get it bang on!

See what's happened now is, over time, my elbow connection to the turbo, has developed a luvly split! which is getting bigger, this is because the stupid cone is actually bracketed to the inside wing, and because this thing's pointed all wrong, its put undue pressure against this elbow, and has now resulted in a split.

Cheers guys, could really do with some pics on this one, if need b, i'll post one of whats going on

Nodd.
Old 16 May 2006, 12:30 PM
kalv
Scooby Regular

is this any good?

Old 16 May 2006, 01:06 PM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

its close buddy thanks! But i don't have that 'box' section that u have between the elbow and the maf.

Cheers tho!........we're gettin there lol )
Old 16 May 2006, 02:32 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here is my MY93 engine bay. It's a legacy but's it the same.

Old 17 May 2006, 08:14 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Paul yours is the closest yet fella! )

Mine's more or less the same, apart from the cone (obviously) and the alloy-looking section in the middle. It is this alloy section on yours that is suspect on mine, only mine isn't alloy, its black plastic.

Anyone else?

I think what i'm going to hav to do is take a pic of mine and post it up to show peeps whats going on. So....*blush* ..if someone can very kindly teach me the fine arts of pic posting, i'll take one and get it up on here tonite.

Thanks so far folks! We're getting there lol

Nodd
Old 17 May 2006, 08:18 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

oooW! almost forgot, if anyone can tell me where i might get me another segmented elbow section (as mine now has a huge split in it right above the jubilee clip!) tht connects directly to the turbo itself (on Pauls, this is the final section between the 'alloy-bit' and the turbo)....and as another possibilty, maybe even that alloy bit too lol.

Paul, as a side linem do u kno what make of induction urs is, where it was from and how much? (cheers buddy)
Old 17 May 2006, 09:50 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine's a bit of a hotch potch hybrid It consists of a k&n filter from a sti5 that I modified to fit and an apexi inlet pipe that was left over from an induction kit that someone didn't need. Both parts came from on here from the for sale section last year and it all came together like you see.

To put pictures up you first need to host them on somewhere like photobucket so if you don't have an account on there sign up there first, Resize your image to 800x600 as a maximum size and upload it to photobucket. Once that is done under the image you will see 3 urls, you want the top url. Copy that top url and open up the post reply window on here and click the little picture box on the toolbar and paste the url into the box that opens up and ok that. You should now see your picture in the post that you've created

Trending Topics

Old 18 May 2006, 08:21 AM
Scoobynodd
Scooby Regular

Brilliant, cheers Paul, i'll try 7 get on to tht tonite!