Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Predictions

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2006, 08:03 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predictions

. . . How long till i get pulled about the plates, im willing to pay 90 pounds before i give up, as well as looking good ive got them ready for the FMIC going on, let me know what you think of everything in general

Before :

After :

Old 23 April 2006, 08:35 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

I had a front plate smaller than that on my car for over 2 years with no problems at all.The plod in my experience are generally ok providing one of your plates are normal size.I guess different police have different opinions try your luck and see how it goes.
What id be inclined to do is have a normal size front plate in the boot just incase,then you can use the old 'sorry officer i forgot to remove my show plate'
Old 23 April 2006, 09:06 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

used the show plate excuse before
maybe you should pull the new plate closer to the front of the bumper, like the original, as the only prob I can see is its not so visible from other angles.
looks good though

EDIT: forget what I just said, turned the brightness up on the monitor
Old 23 April 2006, 09:06 PM
TimmyboyWRX
Scooby Regular

i made it 2 months before i got pulled lol, had the other in the boot, tried the old 'show plate' line and simply got told 'well u wont forget next time will u sir becasue im fining you £30'

then some sarcastic line about 'if it got stolen how am i sposed to find it for you if i cant read the numberplate'

muppet
Old 23 April 2006, 09:18 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

my friend has a smaller than small bike plate on his mr2. he get regular tugs, they tell him that a full size sticker plate is fine. Has anyone tried that on the scoobs, I can see it fitting nicely on the bottom splitter.
Old 23 April 2006, 09:41 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
my friend has a smaller than small bike plate on his mr2. he get regular tugs, they tell him that a full size sticker plate is fine. Has anyone tried that on the scoobs, I can see it fitting nicely on the bottom splitter.
Yes thats how i had it orginally and i got pulled and fine'd about that, has to be full size, reflective, and straight, so that rules out the splitter because it doesnt sit straight

Timmy Sorry but you have to see the humour in what you was told about not forgetting next time !

My friend has the exact same size on his Focus RS and he went two weeks, And another on a VR6 Golf he made a month ! Ill keep te spare one in the back and use the forgot line, after all it'll only be a case of switchin as they are both on valcro ( Spelling ! )

There used to be a law in accordance with the DVLA that this type of plate was legal on a import, but i think its changed. Anyone have any news or known the full ruleing on this ??
Old 23 April 2006, 09:45 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

mines just a little bit bigger and touch wood ive never been pulled in 2 1/2 yrs
Old 23 April 2006, 10:15 PM
TimmyboyWRX
Scooby Regular

yeah i can see the funny side to be honest lol, was just annoyed at the time cos they were making me late for work, and the bloke even bent down and measured it with a plastic ruler, as if it was obviously way too tiny! lol
Old 24 April 2006, 12:03 AM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

I had one similar to that but the font was even smaller coz i had a border on it as well, managed about nine months until i got pulled for it and i think that was only coz i went past about 6 stationary cop cars and a tax/speeding van on the same road, the last one followed me a pulled me for it.

Try the show plate line but didn't work.
Old 24 April 2006, 08:05 AM
Mangel
Scooby Regular

had a plate like since I got mine!! Provided you use standard type face and it is all in proportion generally they don't harass to much!!!