Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

6 Years later and now the absolute in 4 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2004, 10:57 AM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 6 Years later and now the absolute in 4 weeks

Well after 6 years of scooby ownership.. must admit i did change the car half way through.. my pride and joy goes to a new and good home in 4 weeks time at the end of its lease (mate from work has bought it out of the lease). No longer will it be seen on the wycombe/south bucks meets, maybe some scoobynetters will see it around the lanes of ESSEX and SARFFEND on saturday nights ..expect V5 will still spot it even out that way, its keeping the private plate..

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v...h/sideview.jpg
http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v...00rearedit.jpg
http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v...h/interior.jpg

Not sure which i liked most, my silver classic (brand new company car on Aug 1st 98) which i went all the way from Wycombe to Sheffield to pick up..or the UK300 (brand new July 01)..must admit the classic really did rattle after a while, the UK300 does not even after 3 years. Who ever has S8**RKW Silver saloon, hope you are cherishing her..assuming its not been trashed of course

Not replacing the car at the moment, not doing enough miles and the Car scheme at work was pulled so my move to a 350Z was scotched. Means i am going to have to use the Wifes Disco when she lets me, and as it as ACE, its also great in the twisties even in the wet, so not expecting to lose much fun factor (kids himself). May still go on the Wycombe/South Bucks meets if they let me. Will keep an eye on SN just in case i decide to get an old classic in a few months..but then again a skyline could be tempting..or a move to the dark side

A final piccie posting

Cheers

Jim
Old 24 June 2004, 02:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jim

I've not seen you about for a while. That's a beautiful car that one and such low mileage on it too
Old 24 June 2004, 02:09 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Hi Jim

I've not seen you about for a while. That's a beautiful car that one and such low mileage on it too
Paul hi, you got to stop changing your phone number..i am always one number behind .. Its done a whole 21,406 to date, so 22K when it goesjust about. He is getting it for 10,600 quid absolute bargain. I did check out autotrader, but the prices vary from 13-17K so assume 13 is about right. Did not want the hassle of buying it and being lumbered with it if i could not shift it, when he heard i had decided to hand it back, the company allowed him first refusal, fair dinkum i think. What you driving now, got the Golf still.. give us a buzz sometime, the number is still the same

Cheers

Jim
Old 24 June 2004, 02:36 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Jim

I'm still on the same number as last time It's the same number that you took down at G-force and ends 764

Yes I am still playing with the golf. It looks a little different now but it goes pretty well. If you are in the area soon give me a mail, PM or call and we can meet at the normal place and have a drink and catch up

Paul
Old 24 June 2004, 02:37 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Oh and that price that's a bargain! I haven't seen another looking so clean and with such a plate too I daren't tell Zoe she'd have a fit
Old 24 June 2004, 03:43 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

a plate too I daren't tell Zoe she'd have a fit
Charged him 200 squids for the plate seperate so got the equivalent of a night out in marlow out of it i suppose Got the 764 number..will try it later.

Cheers

Jim
Old 24 June 2004, 03:49 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zilch
Charged him 200 squids for the plate seperate so got the equivalent of a night out in marlow out of it i suppose Got the 764 number..will try it later.

Cheers

Jim
lol Cheap night then
Old 24 June 2004, 03:54 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Wink

lol Cheap night then
For marlow yes, you need a fortune. You can tell by the number of newish M3 convertibles which seem to be breeding on mass down the high street

Last edited by zilch; 24 June 2004 at 03:54 PM. Reason: because my engerlish is crap