Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Four years in the waiting….

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2004, 09:13 PM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Four years in the waiting….

In 1999 I got a lovely UK turbo from new as a company car; to cut a long story short I was supposed to be gifted the car after a year or two in reward of efforts made to turn the company around. However, after getting the business back on its feet I was then stitched when the company got sold from right under me and I lost the car (and the job pretty much) – to say I was gutted would be a massive understatement.

I’ve been saving on the side ever since to get another; the saving has been hard as along the way I also bought and renovated an old town house with the other half, and after getting engaged last year the forthcoming wedding has also put rather a dint in finances.

None the less, yesterday saw the light at the end of a very long tunnel when I picked up the keys to my new Scooby. I got her on Saturday morning and the grin is still etched from ear to ear. There were times I thought I'd never get there but all I can say is that it’s good to be back…

Some pics taken today;

The Hayward & Scott lands early next week, then I just have to talk the other half into the 18” wheels, lights, spoiler, etc, etc.
Old 08 February 2004, 09:21 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

well done m8
Old 09 February 2004, 03:58 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

You know it's all worth it in the end
Old 09 February 2004, 04:00 PM
Dude!
Scooby Regular

Nice one mate - great story, with a happy ending
Old 09 February 2004, 05:54 PM
Rusty.
Scooby Regular

That first picture looks well moody

Last edited by Rusty.; 09 February 2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09 February 2004, 06:06 PM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Cheers, guys – it’s great to be back in the fold. Have done about 350 miles in two days just having a play around the Peak District

Did the pics up on top of the Roaches yesterday – the rain held off for the day so the roads were nice and dry; the wind however was horrific as we were so high up. We were near Flash, which I believe is the highest village in Britain. Could only manage about two minutes out of the car the wind was so bad - those are the only two shots I got without camera shake!

Right, have to go out - Not sure what for yet, but I’m sure I’ll think of something…
Old 09 February 2004, 07:45 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

nice one fella, that car really is a blank canvis(sp?) i cant wait to see what u do with it, its really odd seeing an unmodified bug eye.

Trending Topics

Old 09 February 2004, 07:58 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Well done M8

Scoobies Rule
Old 09 February 2004, 09:43 PM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Madjay – Yeah, that’s exactly what I was after, mate. I know exactly what I want to do with it so it was pointless buying something already modded as I have not seen any with the bits I’m after already fitted. As such, I just spent ages looking for an immaculate standard car to begin with. My main plans so far are;

Orciari WRX 4 indicator light kit
Rallytech Type 44 WRC Rear Wing
Colour coded/sti sills
Hayward & Scott Exhaust (next few days)
18” wheels, not sure yet on Gold or Silver
And whatever goodies I can pick up for the engine along the way.

It will all take time though… Have a new kitchen, bathroom and wedding to pay for first!
Old 11 February 2004, 01:26 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well done m8 - you deserve the car! champange all round!

have lots of fun in the car, enjoy it!
Old 11 February 2004, 02:11 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Welcome back

I bet it feels even better after the hassle you've had, well done m8
Old 11 February 2004, 05:08 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Now you can either take this post as inspiration or torture, depending on when you intend to mod your car!

I thought it was worth posting as I have a lot of the bits you are looking at on my car. I have the Rallytech spoiler, Hayward&Scott (Scoobysport)exhaust system, Eibach springs and 18" Prodrive OZ wheels in anthracite (the best colour and they look great on blue cars too). Lowering the car has a massive effect on the looks (compare the shots of the side of your car) and improves the handling. I would recommend a trip to somewhere like Powerstation to sort out the geometry as this will make a big difference too (they will fit the springs too)

Morette's are worth considering. I was never a fan of the bug eye look, but I knew I could change it! Mine are also HID'd for added effect

Enjoy your car!
Chris

Last edited by Chris L; 11 February 2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11 February 2004, 05:49 PM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Chris,

Nice pics – looks mint. Mods will take some time; just as and when I can afford really. House and wedding are slowing things down at the moment but I’ll get there in the end – I’ve got the car, which is the main thing. I’m an ex club DJ and have been selling off a monster record collection on EBay – paid for an exhaust and insurance so far and I’ve only shifted about a tenth, will just keep at it!

The rear wing looks mint – exactly what I’m after. As for wheels, it’s going to be some time before I get that far, but it’s deffo gonna be OZ’s. 18” plus Eibach’s sound the best bet – how much do the springs lower by and how much are we talking for springs and fitting?

Also, your sills; are they the standard ones – difficult to tell with all being black. I want to get mine colour coded but not sure on the best way forward, don’t know if it’s best to get the existing ones sprayed or just get some new STi style ones? Also what do you call the little spats on the rear bumper- they suit very well?

Cheers…

Julian
Old 11 February 2004, 06:49 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Congrats Julian, the best things in life are worth the wait. Enjoy every mile
Old 11 February 2004, 07:04 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Hi Julian

The sills on my car are standard (not colour coded, but on a black car, it doesn't make a huge difference). I don't think there would be a problem colour coding the sills. The little extra bits are I think what they call 'sports mudflaps' - or something like that. They are in the Subaru parts catalogue. My car was bought with 800 miles on the clock and the original owner had already put these on along with the alloys (and the carbon fibre look interior).

The Eibach springs will lower the car by about 10-15mm - enough to make the car look much better. You do sacrifice a little in ride quality, but you don't get anything for nothing!

Car is now running as a semi de-cat (up pipe cat is still in place). The H&S gives it a nice sound without being OTT. It is actually louder than you think - the better sound proofing in the new cars hides it well!

Most of the other bits done to my car are fairly minor - Prodrive quickshift improves the gear change, decent Alpine single DIN stereo & speakers and a Forge DV

I've made changes over the last couple of years and the car has been great. It has now done over 50K miles. Nothing major has fallen off, which is incouraging!

Cheers
Chris
Old 11 February 2004, 07:20 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Hi Julian - top car As the others have said a great blank canvass and the mods you have planned sound cool.

Just thought I would add a couple of pics of my car as I have the same wheels as Chris but on a blue one (Great car as well Chris - looks fantastic in that colour ). Its not a bug-eye but a blob-eye - but should gove you some idea. I also have the sills colour coded.

Just thought I would give you an idea of what the wheels look like in anthracite on a blue one - look forward to seeing yours evolve in the future!

John

Last edited by JohnMcC; 11 February 2004 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Havant lernt to spel corektly yet
Old 11 February 2004, 07:36 PM
cdco
Scooby Regular

Chris L were your first 2 photies taken on site at Salmesbury..... V naughty mate but they look good.
Old 11 February 2004, 09:44 PM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers, Chris.

John - Motor looks mighty fine, mate; very similar to the look I’m after. Were your sills colour coded from new or have you had them done since?

Think I’ll make the sills one of the first jobs – it makes such a difference.

Thanks all…
Old 11 February 2004, 10:05 PM
Tim66 STi8
Scooby Regular

Nice one m8, the scoob looks grand
(oh how i miss them peak district roads)
Happy & safe driving.
Old 11 February 2004, 10:21 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

cdco - no they were taken at North Weald Airdrome in Hertfordshire. This was on a performace driving day with Andy Walsh's First Lotus Driving School (he does combined days with Elise's - good fun, very safe (nothing to hit) and pretty cheap!)

Chris
Old 11 February 2004, 10:37 PM
met
Scooby Regular

nice one mate, congrats! looks mint
heres mine!

unclip your skirts mate, prep them yourself, clean & rub etc, get to halfords & buy 2 cans of paint mixed up to your code & a can of laquer! bobs your dads brother! hey presto cheap as you like colour coded skirts!
bugeyes rule!
Old 12 February 2004, 09:11 AM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Cheers, Tim – I’ll have an extra bit of fun just for you when I’m out on the Leek – Buxton road later today

Met, had to laugh when you posted – It was after seeing the pictures of your car in the for sale section the other week that I *knew* I had to get the Rallytech rear wing and colour code the skirts!

Did you have to use a special primer for the plastic or anything?

Cheers…
Old 16 February 2004, 05:11 PM
VaTaNeN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up 1st Mod added

Now it sounds like it’s supposed to