Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

UK STi's

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2003, 07:57 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now that u dont necessary have to import them, do u think it takes away from the rarity or what the STi used to be?
Old 09 November 2003, 09:39 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Rarity Vs affordability.

They may be less rare, but a lot more affordable in terms of (mainly) insurance, servicing and parts.

A sacrifice I gladly made.
Old 09 November 2003, 10:22 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

personally i dont think they are anywhere near as special anymore.

u may have also noticed i posted this in the wrong place DOH
Old 10 November 2003, 08:45 PM
Gedi
Scooby Regular

I disagree. Insurance is only slightly higher, but I think this is justified as you are getting a faster and better equiped car.

As for servicing and parts I would say its cheaper. As you can't take it to a Subaru dealer, you are forced to take it to specalist garages which are actually cheaper. To be honest, I would much rather buy a car that has been serviced by say BRD, Jap Innovations etc... than your average Subaru dealer. They actually have a massive interest in the cars and have a reputation to keep. These are small buisnesses, not multi billion global buisneses where an apprentice wheels spins your car into the ramps.
Old 10 November 2003, 11:25 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Gedi, you have obviously not foud the right Subaru Main Dealer mate if you think "the apprentice wheel spins your car onto the ramps"

The are some crackers out there, believe me. Genuine enthusiasts who love the cars and know more about them than many of us could ever dream to know. Stan Palmers?

Insurance is still WAY higher on JDM WRX and STI's, and a large number of companies are still reluctant to touch them.

Warranties are with 3rd party companies, and equipment levels of the new cars are pretty much on a par with the JDM cars, unlike the classics.

And in answer to the first post, its been a long time since JDM Imprezas could be called "rare". If anything they are a much more common sight than Classics IMO.
Old 11 November 2003, 08:14 AM
Gedi
Scooby Regular

When I got my insurance quote for my TypeR, I got one for a P1 just for comparison. They were the same.