Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Help with a 3-Piece ??

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2003, 02:45 PM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably shouldn't be in here....but it's got some pictures...

Trying to fit an STi 3-piece splitter but not quite sure if all the fixings are present......

Hope someone can help.....

The splitter is mainly secured by the "Z" shaped brackets to the underside of the bumper.

But I'm not happy that this would be strong enough.....

At one end of each corner piece, there is what appears to be a re-inforcing bracket ?? This bracket has two holes in it, one of which has the end of a bolt left in it. The bolt has been cut off.......the question is, should this bolt still be there so that it can go through the face of the bumper and be secured from the back....giving the splitter much more strength ??

Would anyone be good enough to have a look and see how their's is fitted ??? please ???

Steve

Old 29 October 2003, 04:38 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

After a ramble in the dirt and odd looks from the office I can confirm my fitment is VERY similar to yours. I dont recall it having two bolts to go through the bumper ( cant see that bit on car obviously ) but my Z shaped clips are identical. I did however have it screwed to the bit of bumper that sits facing the wheel ( if you know what I mean ! )

I thought it a bit micky mouse myself but once on it is suprisingly strong.....

re-reading that sounds as useful as a chocolate tea pot
Old 29 October 2003, 05:03 PM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Not at all...that's really useful !!

Mine screws into the bumper where it faces the wheel too.....

I'm just worried about that supporting bracket and wether it should have a bolt going throught the bumper....if yours hasn't got it though, maybe I'll just try it and see....

Thanks for the reply....

anyone else ??

Old 30 October 2003, 01:34 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the bolt goes through the bumper (in the hole that u drill ) and is tightend up from behind

the bottom brackets on mine were offerd up to the front bumper, the bumper was drilled and then large zip ties were used to tighten the spoiler to the bumper,

the 2 bolts and the self tapping screws are more then enough to keep it steady, i modified my spoiler by pulling the sides down about 10mm on each side, this meant the center section and the 2 sides needed modified where they join each other, prefered it this way, and i seriously doubt u will see another fitted like it