Power station Today

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2001, 08:21 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

All,

Went to power station today and thought I might share this with you.

And this one.

What is a shame is this!!!

Yes, you've spotted it 208.5 BHP and 208 lbs-ft torque. What a bummer, I thought would be much more.

MY00

Scoobysport BB
ITG Filter
SUL

Apparently over fuelling might be the problem. Have I got the slowest Scooby in the UK ?

Gutted Phill C

[This message has been edited by babber (edited 04 September 2001).]
Old 04 September 2001, 08:43 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Babber

First off you only need the [img] and [/img] tags not the [url] ones secondly there cant be any spaces between start tag and end tag.

Nice looking car by the way and sorry to hear you have a problem

All the best
Si
Old 04 September 2001, 08:51 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I met someone at Bedford (Floyd?) who had the same problem with a MY00 and removing the cats fixed it.

Carl (MY00 -- soon to be with catless d/p+mid+b/b)

[Edited to say I think it was Floyd I met, not Fosters. His car was the same colour as yours, and he claimed it was the lowest powered one in the country]

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 04 September 2001).]
Old 04 September 2001, 09:43 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mr.Cookie,
Old 04 September 2001, 09:50 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mr.Cookie,

Cheers to you for doing that, I appreciate your help. Think you edited (fixed) my problem the last time I tried posting.

My mate Sideways forced me to clean the car before going on the rollers. I now have all the Auto Glym range, and am gagging for it to get dirty so I can wash it again

Not sure if the BHP is lower than it should be ? Guys at PS said all Jap cars run rich!!

Carl, Not sure if I want to remove the Cat, as the car will be too noisy. I do loads of motorway mileage, and the noise might do my head in. Good excuse for a big amp though
Old 04 September 2001, 10:14 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Babber,

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Most Jap Turbo cars *do* overfuel as standard, it's just their way Some just overfuel more than others. Same with GT4's, same with GTi-Rs etc. etc.

Cheers

Ian
Old 04 September 2001, 10:32 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by babber:
<B>Carl, Not sure if I want to remove the Cat, as the car will be too noisy. I do loads of motorway mileage, and the noise might do my head in. Good excuse for a big amp though [/quote]

Might be worth trying as it will still have a silencer on the back, and turbocharged cars are generally more muted than NA cars. I do about 30k a year and am about to buy a Scoobymania exhaust -- two people have told me it's not intrusive inside the car. Well, OK, one doesn't count because it was Mike Tuckwood. I'll let you know how I get on. The guy I spoke to at Bedford was amazed at the difference before and after cat removal, and said that with the cats in his MY00 had far less grunt than his old MY99.

Trending Topics

Old 04 September 2001, 10:38 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Carl,

What cat are you talking about removing anyway. The front one or the one on the downpipe?

I might buy a Straight through downpipe, but have heard it a basteward to fit ?

Cheers Phill C
Old 04 September 2001, 10:40 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Ian,

Guys at PS said it had something to do with petrol not costing four pound a gallon in japan!!!

It's really annoying me though. Don't know why cause the car is flying.

Cheers to you Phill C

Old 04 September 2001, 10:59 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Hi Phill

Nice Shine

Do I recognise those wheels ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 04 September 2001, 11:00 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I think he had removed both cats (i.e. centre and downpipe), but AIUI the one in the downpipe is more restrictive than the one in the middle.
Old 04 September 2001, 11:08 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Gizmo555,

No your old wheels are on Jasons Wagon!! The spare ones are gold. Haven't used them yet.

Surprising the shine, as it's the first time it has ever been polished, and maybe the third time I've cleaned it since new (6 months). Jason shamed me into doing it, and ended up doing most of the work.

Still I ain't scared, cause I haven't cleaned the inside yet Sorry Jas, I had to say it.

Cheers Phill C
Old 05 September 2001, 06:50 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

OMG The only person I know who smokes more **** than old man Steptoe ( and looks abit like him aswell ) wants a hand to clean the inside of his car !!!!

I did tell you the other day Phill when you confidently claimed that you had emptied the ashtray, you're supposed to empty it outside the car NOT on the carpet.

OK Boss Lets put those Autoglym products to good use

Cheers J
Old 05 September 2001, 10:20 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by carl:
<B> Might be worth trying as it will still have a silencer on the back, and turbocharged cars are generally more muted than NA cars. I do about 30k a year and am about to buy a Scoobymania exhaust -- two people have told me it's not intrusive inside the car. Well, OK, one doesn't count because it was Mike Tuckwood. I'll let you know how I get on. The guy I spoke to at Bedford was amazed at the difference before and after cat removal, and said that with the cats in his MY00 had far less grunt than his old MY99.[/quote]

Also, the Prodrive BB is hardly any noisier off boost and is a nice sound on boost but generally much quieter than the SM or SS - depends on what you want.

BTW - I've have the 3" round PPP BB on an otherwise standard MY00 and at the Power Engineering Rolling Road day the other week, my car got about 10bhp more than a completely standard car but more importantly, the fueling was *way* better which converts to a cleaner, smoother pickup and less hesitation over standard. The torque curve on my car was much smoother than the standard car which was much more jagged!!

As you put a more and more free flowing exhaust on the car, it boosts more and leans out the fueling and the two combined make it run *much* better, nearer the ideal optimum.

Hope this helps,

Matt