Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Work in Progress...

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2001, 08:55 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

The Silver Dragon on axle stands receiving some of it's almost final mods...

hmmm...looking at that pic I suppose it really needs a set of wheels next!!!
Old 03 April 2001, 09:34 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Nito,

What a nice clean working Enviro! I would not mind you doing the fitting and stuff of your products to my car in there...

TC
Old 03 April 2001, 10:14 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow..
Was it previously a hospital
Seriously though....looks like your having fun Nito
Old 04 April 2001, 08:11 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately that's not my premises, mine although spacious and secure is not that bright and new.

NAF...hopefully the fun can begin today when I get it back after being away from it for 14 days

Big thanks to the guys doing the work, (you know who you are)...I won't say who yet until the car is out!!

Nito
Old 05 April 2001, 11:26 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Hmmm..

Looks like a Turbo on the floor...
Old 05 April 2001, 02:44 PM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Am i going to be able to keep up on Sunday?

Any imrpovement on the now legendary and much discussed 325bhp Nito?

Russ
(Christ! It's not an Type R gearbox is it?)
Old 05 April 2001, 05:39 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Wink

326bhp please Russ!

Puff..the turbo is old news now but perceptive of you nonetheless. It's the HKS GT jobbie and is awesome.

Where to start. A big thankyou to Phil, Nace and karl at Barretts Motorsport (01227 864537) for carrying out a fantastic job on the mods that have just been fitted.

It's been in for the last couple of weeks and I just got it back today. As usual the standard of work from these guys is top level as you would expect from a successful Subaru rally team! I wouldn't trust my car with anyone else now.

New mods-

-STi RA 13:1 quickratio steering rack
-STi Aluminium front wishbones with solid anti roll bar mounts
-STi pink rose jointed lateral links with solid rear anti roll bar mounts
-STi RA Clutch Kit
-Lightened and balanced flywheel 7.5kg
-Samco enlarged turbo inlet pipe
-EGT sender fitted in up-pipe
-Barretts Motorsport geometry settings

First off the new quicksteering rack is awesome. For anyone even considering this mod give Phil a bell on the above no. as they have a limited number of these available at very good prices.

The steering is much more direct with no wooliness whatsoever, it compliments the rest of the chassis mods perfectly and is how the scoob should have been in the first place.

The front aluminium wishbones and solid arb mounts and the rear pink lateral link bars seem to ensure that the directness from the steering follows all the way through the rest of the car..it's as direct as can possibly be and it's great. I haven't had a chance to really test these on the limit but so far the whole package is just awesome.

I am now running the Barretts Motorsport settings as opposed to the Prodrive ones and the rear of the car is much more lively now. For the first time ever the car can produce lurid power slides just on the throttle. (it was wet today but it never used to be like this)..zero understeer and you can control the amount the rear steps out simply by the throttle, keep it planted and the rear slides more! I'll wait until I've had more time with this before deciding if I prefer it to the Prodrive settings. The only thing I disliked about this was the way it pulled the car about on badly rutted roads but I think this may be cured by some minor tweaks to the geometry at the front.

Lightened and balanced flywheel. Strangely the car seems slower since having this done. When off boost the revs pick up better than before and initial throttle response and smoothness are greatly improved...but come 4k where I used to get an awesome kick it's a bit flatter now. Possibly as its not spinning up with the help of it's own momentum like before. I'm not 100% with this mod but I'll give it some time, you also get less engine braking and some upshifts you get a clunk engaging the clutch as the engine revs drop much quicker in between changes. I think I prefer it how it was but if you don't try you won't know!

The other dissapointment is the Samco hose that isn't quite long enough to clear one of the manifold brackets without distorting its shape. What's the point of fitting an enlared turbo inlet pipe when the stupid thing distorts and probably restricts airflow even more...it needs to be about 3/4 inch longer! It may be this which has dulled performance over 4k since this is where the turbo needs its main rush of air!

Everything else is awesome though I'll put some pics up later on.

rgds
Nito

[This message has been edited by NITO (edited 05 April 2001).]

Trending Topics

Old 06 April 2001, 08:15 AM
tyrrell1
Scooby Regular

Question

Please could you tell me where you got the ROUND fog light covers from and are they colour coded ??
Old 06 April 2001, 08:23 AM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

blimey Nito

when the goes at Motorsport said you where having some mods done!!!! so guess i wont be keeping up with you then !

I have to say also that Barretts Motorsport team are superb, only had my P1 3weeks and everytime I ring they are more than happy to spend a lengthy period of time on the phone answering my questions and fit in around me as to when any work needs to be done....

It goes in saturday to have the induction kit and new dump valve fitted.

Greg

Old 06 April 2001, 08:25 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Tyrrell,

They come with the PIAA driving lamp kit. They're normally white with PIAA written on them in black but I've had them colour coded to match. The RB5 ltd edition has the same covers but painted to match the grey of that car with the RB5 logo on them.

rgds
Nito